Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shooting @Texas A&M - Can We Talk About Guns Yet?

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

For the love of God, are we gonna have one of these a week now??

(CNN) -- A Texas constable and two others were killed Monday in a shooting near Texas A&M University, police said.
Scott McCollum, assistant chief with the College Station police department, told reporters Monday afternoon that the three people killed were the constable, the man authorities say exchanged gunfire with law enforcement officers and an unidentified 65-year-old male civilian.
The dead included Brian Bachmann, a constable in Brazos County, according to McCollum. According to his Facebook campaign page, Bachmann was a 41-year-old from College Station who had been a Brazos County sheriff's deputy since 1993. The county's website indicated that his four-year term as constable was set to expire on December 31, 2014.
"He was a pillar in this community, and it's sad and tragic that we've lost him today," McCollum said.

The assistant police chief didn't offer details on the suspected gunman, beyond saying he was in his mid-30s. As to the third victim, a post on the city of College Station's official Twitter page identified him as a "civilian bystander."
Four others suffered injuries in the prolonged ordeal, which occurred a few blocks from the Texas A&M campus.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/13/justice/texas-am-shooting/index.html

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I have lots of guns. All legally purchased and licensed.

Most shootings in pensacola and escambia county are from people who stole their guns or purchased them illegally.

Legal gun ownership works. Criminals are the real problem. Not registered gun owners.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

ghandi wrote:I have lots of guns. All legally purchased and licensed.

Most shootings in pensacola and escambia county are from people who stole their guns or purchased them illegally.

Legal gun ownership works. Criminals are the real problem. Not registered gun owners.

I agree wholeheartedly.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I think we need a program to ban or control cars. Thousands are killed by them every year...some of those cars are even stolen ! Perhaps only government should have cars.

salinsky wrote:For the love of God, are we gonna have one of these a week now??

So what is your answer, outlaw all gun ownership by private citizens? I will borrow and old cliche here that you have heard probably thousands of times, "When they outlaw guns, then only outlaws will have guns".

That is most certainly not the answer.

Sal

Sal

These hysterical responses are symptomatic of the problem. No one has even remotely suggested the banning of legally purchased and licensed firearms. These kinds of arguments echo the hyperbolic rhetoric of groups like the NRA that are more than happy to wade through the blood of their fellow citizens to make a buck. I would wager there are many more restrictions on ownership and operation of a motor vehicle than their are on guns. A good start would be for the law-abiding and responsible gun owners of America to wrest control of the dialog from the death merchants at the NRA.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Shooting @Texas A&M - Can We Talk About Guns Yet? Lanz-suddenimpact-2-splsh

Nothing wrong with a little shooting, as long as the right people get shot.

http://rense.com/general62/gns.htm

salinsky wrote:These hysterical responses are symptomatic of the problem. No one has even remotely suggested the banning of legally purchased and licensed firearms. These kinds of arguments echo the hyperbolic rhetoric of groups like the NRA that are more than happy to wade through the blood of their fellow citizens to make a buck. I would wager there are many more restrictions on ownership and operation of a motor vehicle than their are on guns. A good start would be for the law-abiding and responsible gun owners of America to wrest control of the dialog from the death merchants at the NRA.

I can name several posters on this forum alone that are responsible gun owners that have absolutely nothing to do with the NRA, yours truly included. I am currently a member right now only because it came with a 1 year free membership with the purchase of another gun I bought in Feburary. After reading just 1 issue of their magazine, I decided then and there that the NRA was not for me. I have since thrown every subsequent magazine into the garbage and will most certainly not renew the membership. I can assure you that the NRA does not speak for all of us.

If more legislation is what you are espousing, then just look at places like Washington DC and Chicago.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ghandi wrote:I have lots of guns. All legally purchased and licensed.

This, according to what I heard earlier, was not school-related, but an eviction gone bad. I would be interested to see the paperwork and know whether the eviction was legal.

But, unfortunately, that's now beside the point. There is no way to disarm the public, and there's a reason the right to bear arms is written into our Constitution. To me, this is less about gun ownership and more about the disconnect between neighbors.

I think the nra are nothin but a bunch of fear mongers.
But I also believe in the right to bear arms.
I don't think they should be so easy to get at gun shows either.

big macs kill more people than guns, so yes lets talk about guns.

where can we get more of them to people so they can protect themselves from people who buy them illegally t kill them and take thier stuff from them.

Floridatexan wrote:
This, according to what I heard earlier, was not school-related, but an eviction gone bad. I would be interested to see the paperwork and know whether the eviction was legal.

But, unfortunately, that's now beside the point. There is no way to disarm the public, and there's a reason the right to bear arms is written into our Constitution. To me, this is less about gun ownership and more about the disconnect between neighbors.

FT, wouldn't it be safe to assume that since the notice of eviction was being served by a Law Enforcement Officer(Constable) that it would be a legal eviction?

obesity is the #1 killer,

attack that

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/features/jan-june04/obesity3_3-15.pdf

Sal

Sal

Lurch wrote:I think the nra are nothin but a bunch of fear mongers.

Thank you. +1

the NRA doesnt represent all gun owners.

but real crooks represent the taking away of your gun.

if you cared about people, you wouldnt take away peoples rights to have a gun.

because then only crooks would have guns.

and if you were to put yourself high up there on caring about people, you wouldnt be focusing on guns killing people, because dont kill as many people as gluten, high frutose corn syrup or cars.

but of course, there is a AGENDA

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

*Secret_Angel* wrote:

and if you were to put yourself high up there on caring about people, you wouldnt be focusing on guns killing people, because dont kill as many people as gluten, high frutose corn syrup or cars.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

*Secret_Angel* wrote:

I said I believe in the right to bear arms.
You're just fallin for their fear mongering, Nobody is gonna come and take your guns. What's obama waiting for? If he was gonna do it he would have done it by now. I stay in shape by workin out and swimming and I don't do the fast food or much corn syrup, just a little that's in Moonshine Twisted Evil

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

FT, wouldn't it be safe to assume that since the notice of eviction was being served by a Law Enforcement Officer(Constable) that it would be a legal eviction?

No.

https://www.facebook.com/thomas.caffall The shooter. What a NUT!! Anti obama "christian" NASCAR, gun freak.. who woulda thought..

Last edited by Lurch on 8/13/2012, 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lurch wrote:https://www.facebook.com/thomas.caffall The shooter.

How can someone that likes ABBA be a shooter...damn CIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CB-lr-bPA_nrB-AW5RlrYV&index=1&feature=plcp

But he liked KISS too.. I'm surprised his FB page is still up..

The liberal message for their criminal supporters...

Shooting @Texas A&M - Can We Talk About Guns Yet? Criminals4gun-control

http://www.criminals4guncontrol.hostoi.com/criminals4gun-control.jpg

...That's right we gun owners create a hazardous work enviornment for them.

*****CHCUKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG7w6Nzx7hU

Smile

salinsky wrote:For the love of God, are we gonna have one of these a week now??

(CNN) -- A Texas constable and two others were killed Monday in a shooting near Texas A&M University, police said.
Scott McCollum, assistant chief with the College Station police department, told reporters Monday afternoon that the three people killed were the constable, the man authorities say exchanged gunfire with law enforcement officers and an unidentified 65-year-old male civilian.
The dead included Brian Bachmann, a constable in Brazos County, according to McCollum. According to his Facebook campaign page, Bachmann was a 41-year-old from College Station who had been a Brazos County sheriff's deputy since 1993. The county's website indicated that his four-year term as constable was set to expire on December 31, 2014.
"He was a pillar in this community, and it's sad and tragic that we've lost him today," McCollum said.

The assistant police chief didn't offer details on the suspected gunman, beyond saying he was in his mid-30s. As to the third victim, a post on the city of College Station's official Twitter page identified him as a "civilian bystander."
Four others suffered injuries in the prolonged ordeal, which occurred a few blocks from the Texas A&M campus.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/13/justice/texas-am-shooting/index.html

The guy is probably another Occupy Movement member like the Colorado shooter Holmes is with a severe case of...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us7IYd04m1M

Smile

Damaged Eagle wrote:The liberal message for their criminal supporters...

Shooting @Texas A&M - Can We Talk About Guns Yet? Criminals4gun-control

http://www.criminals4guncontrol.hostoi.com/criminals4gun-control.jpg

...That's right we gun owners create a hazardous work enviornment for them.

*****CHCUKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG7w6Nzx7hU

Smile
Do you support conservative shooters?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum