Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mercy killing-what would you do?

+3
gulfbeachbandit
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I hate to point out the obvious but why do all your friends end up homeless, broke, or dead?[/quote]

perhaps they are diving at the dump?[/quote]

[quote]No, dear, you don't DIVE. You pick very selectively, with gloves on. And long pants and a long shirt. A mask is a nice touch.

My motto is: "If I have to dive for it, it ain't worth it." [\quote]

27Mercy killing-what would you do? - Page 2 Empty wtf.....???? 8/13/2012, 11:35 pm

[quote="PBulldog2"]
thread_bear wrote:oh damn maroni....

that's awful and hard to handle....

my father was @ WFH Hospice when he passed. he was in and out of coherent communication....his dementia had pretty much taken control at that time.

he had a major stroke and never recovered. after that it was a series of illness' that dragged him to the grave, ending with pneumonia.

i have one coherent visit to cling to when he asked me why i was there in his room. he knew it was me, but he wasn't really sure what was happening. that was about 3 days before he passed away.

as much as our relationship was a struggle, i miss him ever day.

I miss my Mom every day, too. However, I was telling a friend last night how my dream relationship with my mother has changed.

When she first passed away two and a half years ago, she would appear in dreams but never speak. I would wake with tears on my face.

Last night, I dreamt I was going to be in the Olympics as one of those runners who jumps over poles. I don't know what they are called.

My Mom was there telling me just what to do. I said, "But Mom, I'm 58", to which she replied, "You just have to learn to kick and jump higher! Practice, practice! Come ON now!"

I woke up laughing my butt off. :-)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

my father is in most of my narrated dreams.....he and my brother. they always involve the millitary, churches, farm houses, an art gallery, oil field settings, and a rooming house in a down town scene i do not know.

i never wake up laffing.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I never dream of anyone that has gone on..they must be too busy to come calling. I hope they are seeing other galaxies and getting lots of hugs . I dream of my ex wives sometimes..always in better times and I like those dreams. The rest is just insomnia and the sleep of the dead not much time in any dream land......

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

salinsky wrote:I'm really surprised by the negative comments about Hospice. I've heard nothing but positive things about them. I've even donated money to them several times. Was I misguided?
Many people have positive results with Hospice....especially non-medical/non care-taker individuals.

Hospice provided supplies that I needed to care for my father and that is why I used them...They did not like the fact that I was the liaison for my father's care. If my father was in pain my instructions were to call a Hospice nurse and wait for her to arrive, assess him and decide if he should be medicated. My dad's doctor gave me a prescription for an injectable narcotic so I could medicate him when he needed it.

My sister in law used Hospice when her dad was terminally ill....one evening she spoke with the nurse several times to come and check her dad....the nurse said she would be right their to check him....as his condition continued to deteriorate she placed an urgent call for the nurse .....she waited 3 more hours for the Hospice nurse...she finally called me and I called an ambulance...we arrived at the same time but it was too late..... the Hospice nurse arrived an hour later.... after he was pronounced and while a deputy and I we were on the phone with the private physician. The body of a terminally ill patient has to have the doctor notified to sign the death certificate if he refuses it would become a coroner investigation.

The Hospice nurse was pissed....and told the family off....several hours after this tragic event my sister in law's mother suffered a heart-attack...I wanted to hit that sorry nurse in the ****ing mouth.

Joanimaroni wrote:
ghandi wrote:

my father was @ WFH Hospice when he passed. he was in and out of coherent communication....his dementia had pretty much taken control at that time.

he had a major stroke and never recovered. after that it was a series of illness' that dragged him to the grave, ending with pneumonia.

i have one coherent visit to cling to when he asked me why i was there in his room. he knew it was me, but he wasn't really sure what was happening. that was about 3 days before he passed away.

I wonder if the dead have internet and can read our posts.

Maybe....my dad saved my life about 8 months after he died. I heard him scream "STOP SUSIE"....I slammed on brakes and just missed a car doing 50-60 mph through a red light.
I had some birds land in the road right in front of me while I was on my bike recently, I slowed down just as a car blew the stop sign, I knew I would have been hit hard.. For them to land in front of a kinda loud Harley ridin down the road I know something was up with that..

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lurch wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Maybe....my dad saved my life about 8 months after he died. I heard him scream "STOP SUSIE"....I slammed on brakes and just missed a car doing 50-60 mph through a red light.
I had some birds land in the road right in front of me while I was on my bike recently, I slowed down just as a car blew the stop sign, I knew I would have been hit hard.. For them to land in front of a kinda loud Harley ridin down the road I know something was up with that..

I am a firm believer. I use to wake up, 2-3 times a week, in the middle of the night to my dad's voice calling my name. After the close call with that accident...I have not heard him. I miss hearing him call my name.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I was a daddy's girl...no doubt and even though he has been gone for many many years....I miss him terribly and can not bear to go to the cemetery.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lurch wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Now you are freaking me out a little Lurch. I was driving home with my family the night my daughter's Brother-in -law was killed in a car wreck. We had just left their house when down the road a ways something hit my windshield. I got out of the car and sitting in the road was a pygmy owl. I got my coat and covered it up and carried it back to My daughter's father in law's house because they deal with animals a lot.When I uncovered the bird everyone gasped. You see the little owl was the dead young man's favorite animal and he had pictures all over his room of it. They all said it was his spirit saying good bye. The next day the owl flew away they told me after resting in the house for a spell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum