Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mercy killing-what would you do?

+3
gulfbeachbandit
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.mediacomtoday.com/news/read.php?ps=1011&rip_id=%3CDA0JTV7O0%40news.ap.org%3E&news_id=19181543&src=most_popular_viewed&page=1

Last edited by Dreamsglore on 8/13/2012, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dreamsglore wrote:http://www.mediacomtoday.com/news/read.php?ps=1011&rip_id=%3CDA0JTV7O0%40news.ap.org%3E&news_id=19181543&src=most_popular_viewed&page=2

Let you have some...

****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdmRFscBiFw

Smile

Dreamsglore wrote:http://www.mediacomtoday.com/news/read.php?ps=1011&rip_id=%3CDA0JTV7O0%40news.ap.org%3E&news_id=19181543&src=most_popular_viewed&page=2

Having gone through Hospice "care" for my mom in one of their facilities, I saw morphine used in such a way that the patient is not in apparent pain.

That's how I want to "go", if my life doesn't end quickly from an accident or something.

Though I can sympathize with those that do end the pain and suffering of a loved one, I do not believe that I would be capable of doing it. I just cannot bring myself to take a human life unless it is in self defense. What the lawyers, the one who done the deed and even some doctors say it was done out of compassion, it is still unlawful.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Though I can sympathize with those that do end the pain and suffering of a loved one, I do not believe that I would be capable of doing it. I just cannot bring myself to take a human life unless it is in self defense. What the lawyers, the one who done the deed and even some doctors say it was done out of compassion, it is still unlawful.

Some states it is lawful, I believe.Morphine can only do so much. I had a brother who had leukemia that metastisized to his brain when he was three.This was back in the late fifties. The tumor had pushed his eye out of it's socket .He suffered terribly before he died. I often wondered what I would have done as a mother to watch her child like suffer like that. I may have killed him and myself-I don't know. It wasn't an option for my mother though as she had other children.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Some states it is lawful, I believe.Morphine can only do so much. I had a brother who had leukemia that metastisized to his brain when he was three.This was back in the late fifties. The tumor had pushed his eye out of it's socket .He suffered terribly before he died. I often wondered what I would have done as a mother to watch her child like suffer like that. I may have killed him and myself-I don't know. It wasn't an option for my mother though as she had other children.

Voluntary euthanasia is only legal in some states in the US when the patient brings about his or her own death with the assistance of a physician and is sometimes referred to as assisted suicide(aka Jack Kevorkian). Assisted suicide is Oregon, Washington and Montana. So it would still be classified as murder if you or I carried it out on one of our loved ones.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It would be difficult to watch someone you love suffer like that. I don't know what I'd do. But I'm wary of giving people the legal go ahead to take someone's else's life.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Use the Morphine.

Morphine was used to put my father into a coma. He was dying of cancer and was at my home under Hospice...The Hospice plan was to have him die at home. Only problem was...my sister was in the hospital and had just delivered her 3rd child....and I had my 3 kids and 2 of her kids at my home when dad started smothering to death...it was awful and he was so frightened. I called an ambulance. At the time I had a workman come to do some tile work. I left the kids and a signed blank check with the very nice black man that was tiling my shower. I told him someone would come and get the kids later and he could fill in the amount I owed him. His eyes were wide as saucers as I climbed into the back of the ambulance and left him in charge.

We could not make it to WFH so EMS diverted to GBH. The ER doctor listen to my quick assessment of my father's condition and immediately ordered enough Morphine to induce a coma. Dad died peacefully 5 hours later as I sat on the bed holding him.

Hospice was pissed to say the least but no way in hell would I allow my father to die such a horrible death and no way would I allow his grandchildren to witness something so terrifying.

oh damn maroni....

that's awful and hard to handle....

my father was @ WFH Hospice when he passed. he was in and out of coherent communication....his dementia had pretty much taken control at that time.

he had a major stroke and never recovered. after that it was a series of illness' that dragged him to the grave, ending with pneumonia.

i have one coherent visit to cling to when he asked me why i was there in his room. he knew it was me, but he wasn't really sure what was happening. that was about 3 days before he passed away.

as much as our relationship was a struggle, i miss him ever day.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

thread_bear wrote:oh damn maroni....

my father was @ WFH Hospice when he passed. he was in and out of coherent communication....his dementia had pretty much taken control at that time.

he had a major stroke and never recovered. after that it was a series of illness' that dragged him to the grave, ending with pneumonia.

i have one coherent visit to cling to when he asked me why i was there in his room. he knew it was me, but he wasn't really sure what was happening. that was about 3 days before he passed away.

I wonder if the dead have internet and can read our posts.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Though I can sympathize with those that do end the pain and suffering of a loved one, I do not believe that I would be capable of doing it. I just cannot bring myself to take a human life unless it is in self defense. What the lawyers, the one who done the deed and even some doctors say it was done out of compassion, it is still unlawful.

leukemia is often hereditary.

I think people should die naturally.

*Secret_Angel* wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

It wasn't hereditary.He got into lead paint and covered himself w/ it.

I'm sorry

so sorry

lol!

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
*Secret_Angel* wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I better keep the buckets of lead paint away from my children. Can I leave loaded guns and sharp object laying around?

I hate to point out the obvious but why do all your friends end up homeless, broke, or dead?

ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
*Secret_Angel* wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I better keep the buckets of lead paint away from my children. Can I leave loaded guns and sharp object laying around?

I hate to point out the obvious but why do all your friends end up homeless, broke, or dead?

perhaps they are diving at the dump?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ghandi wrote:

Maybe....my dad saved my life about 8 months after he died. I heard him scream "STOP SUSIE"....I slammed on brakes and just missed a car doing 50-60 mph through a red light.

Joanimaroni wrote:
ghandi wrote:

Maybe....my dad saved my life about 8 months after he died. I heard him scream "STOP SUSIE"....I slammed on brakes and just missed a car doing 50-60 mph through a red light.

lol!

you think this is funny....?

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

thread_bear wrote:you think this is funny....?

Evidently. No

Granny4Peace wrote:
thread_bear wrote:you think this is funny....?

Evidently. :no:

>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

no shit.

i don't get it.

Sal

Sal

She was drunk posting again. Mercifully, she has apparently passed out.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I know what I would do, for myself and my loved ones.

I no longer have much trust in hospice. They knew my mother was dying, but they didn't come. We handled it the best we could, but it had to have been frightening for her.

salinsky wrote:She was drunk posting again. Mercifully, she has apparently passed out.

Let's nominate her for "Mother of the Year".It's just 9:30 and she's already passed out.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I miss my Mom every day, too. However, I was telling a friend last night how my dream relationship with my mother has changed.

When she first passed away two and a half years ago, she would appear in dreams but never speak. I would wake with tears on my face.

Last night, I dreamt I was going to be in the Olympics as one of those runners who jumps over poles. I don't know what they are called.

My Mom was there telling me just what to do. I said, "But Mom, I'm 58", to which she replied, "You just have to learn to kick and jump higher! Practice, practice! Come ON now!"

I woke up laughing my butt off. :-)

[/quote]

Sal

Sal

I'm really surprised by the negative comments about Hospice. I've heard nothing but positive things about them. I've even donated money to them several times. Was I misguided?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum