Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

America's Number One Prescription Sleep Aid Could Trigger 'Zombies,' Murder and Other Disturbing Behavior

+5
cool1
Markle
Joanimaroni
QueenOfHearts
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

On March 29, 2009, Robert Stewart, 45, stormed into the Pinelake Health and Rehab nursing home in Carthage, North Carolina and opened fire, killing eight people and wounding two. Stewart’s apparent target was his estranged wife, who worked as a nurse in the home. She hid in a bathroom and was unharmed. Stewart was charged with eight counts of first-degree murder; if convicted he could face the death penalty. Even though there was evidence that Stewart’s actions were premeditated (he allegedly had a target), Stewart’s defense team successfully argued that since he was under the influence of Ambien, a sleep aid, at the time of the shooting, he was not in control of his actions. Instead of the charges sought by the prosecutors, Stewart was convicted on eight counts of second-degree murder. He received 142 – 179 years in prison.

----------

Shortly after the Kennedy incident, Ambien users sued Sanofi because of bizarre sleep-eating behaviors while on the drugs. According to Chana Lask, attorney for the class action suit, people were eating things like buttered cigarettes and eggs, complete with the shells, while under the influence of Ambien. Lask called people in this state “Ambien zombies

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/americas-number-one-prescription-sleep-aid-could-trigger-zombies-murder-and-other-disturbing?ak_proof=1&akid=.1121926.wDJK8-&rd=1&src=newsletter948677&t=11

zombies, wow......................... hmmm just hmm

What a bullshit story. I take one every night. The guy is a murderer.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

My friends wife on Ambien, cleans out the fridge and usually drops half of it on the floor while eating...Why do people take any of that prescription BS. ZOMBIES ! that's what ya are in all reality.. you don't eat brains you eat pills that screw your own brain up.....

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Dreamsglore wrote:What a bullshit story. I take one every night. The guy is a murderer.

I have taken one every night for the last 15 years. In the last six months I have been experiencing some of the issues described in this article. I wake up and find empty food wrappers? A few nights ago I called my daughter at 2:00 a.m. I did not believe her when she told me the next day, but then I heard the voice mail I left her. I sounded drunk, but I don't drink. Two nights ago I woke up sitting on the couch, with chewed up crackers on my mouth. I have had a few small things happen, and absolutely no memory of the events.

I think my experiences are due to my staying awake after I've take the medicine. You do have a really great high when you stay awake.

QueenOfHearts wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:What a bullshit story. I take one every night. The guy is a murderer.

I have taken one every night for the last 15 years.  In the last six months I have been experiencing some of the issues described in this article.  I wake up and find empty food wrappers?  A few nights ago I called my daughter at 2:00 a.m.   I did not believe her when she told me the next day, but then I heard the voice mail I left her.  I sounded drunk, but I don't drink.  Two nights ago I woke up sitting on the couch, with chewed up crackers on my mouth.  I have had a few small things happen, and absolutely no memory of the events.

I think my experiences are due to my staying awake after I've take the medicine.  You do have a really great high when you stay awake.  

LOL! True but I can't stay awake. I usually break them in half . I have whole bunch stored up because of that. Publix wouldn't give me my monthly prescription of them because I was a week late in ordering them a few months ago. They said I didn't need them if I had some left over. I told them I break them in half so they decided I didn't need them.Pissed me off. So now I go on the exact date to get them. I don't think it's up to them to decide whether I need them. I almost changed pharmacies but I get my Lisinopril free there. It's a good thing I saved them because I had a month when my insurance changed when I didn't have any insurance after I retired.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:My friends wife on Ambien, cleans out the fridge and usually drops half of it on the floor while eating...Why do people take any of that prescription BS. ZOMBIES ! that's what ya are in all reality.. you don't eat brains you eat pills that screw your own brain up.....

I take them because I have a thyroid problem which causes me not to sleep at night. I have an overactive thyroid that is not stabilized and they keep changing the medications.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

I have taken one every night for the last 15 years.  In the last six months I have been experiencing some of the issues described in this article.  I wake up and find empty food wrappers?  A few nights ago I called my daughter at 2:00 a.m.   I did not believe her when she told me the next day, but then I heard the voice mail I left her.  I sounded drunk, but I don't drink.  Two nights ago I woke up sitting on the couch, with chewed up crackers on my mouth.  I have had a few small things happen, and absolutely no memory of the events.

I think my experiences are due to my staying awake after I've take the medicine.  You do have a really great high when you stay awake.  

LOL! True but I can't stay awake. I usually break them in half . I have whole bunch stored up because of that. Publix wouldn't give me my monthly prescription of them because I was a week late in ordering them a few months ago. They said I didn't need them if I had some left over. I told them I break them in half so they decided I didn't need them.Pissed me off. So now I go on the exact date to get them. I don't think it's up to them to decide whether I need them. I almost changed pharmacies but I get my Lisinopril free there. It's a good thing I saved them because I had a month when my insurance changed when I didn't have any insurance after I retired.

You should have told the pharmacist....that was the week you stayed up 7 nights in a row. It's between you and your doctor....not the pharmacist or pharmacy tech. You could have had any number of reasons for not taking the meds.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle

Markle

Chrissy wrote:On March 29, 2009, Robert Stewart, 45,  stormed into the Pinelake Health and Rehab nursing home in Carthage, North Carolina and opened fire, killing eight people and wounding two. Stewart’s apparent target was his estranged wife, who worked as a nurse in the home. She hid in a bathroom and was unharmed. Stewart was charged with eight counts of first-degree murder; if convicted he could face the death penalty. Even though there was evidence that Stewart’s actions were premeditated (he allegedly had a target), Stewart’s defense team successfully argued that since he was under the influence of Ambien, a sleep aid, at the time of the shooting, he was not in control of his actions. Instead of the charges sought by the prosecutors, Stewart was  convicted on eight counts of second-degree murder. He received 142 – 179 years in prison.

----------

Shortly after the Kennedy incident, Ambien users sued Sanofi because of bizarre sleep-eating behaviors while on the drugs. According to Chana Lask, attorney for the class action suit, people were eating things like buttered cigarettes and eggs, complete with the shells, while under the influence of Ambien. Lask called people in this state “Ambien zombies

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/americas-number-one-prescription-sleep-aid-could-trigger-zombies-murder-and-other-disturbing?ak_proof=1&akid=.1121926.wDJK8-&rd=1&src=newsletter948677&t=11

Grasping at straws and any defense is better than none.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

You're lying.

Publix could not and would not make such a decision. They can only carry out the instructions of your physician. My guess is that you haven't been in for the routine visit with your primary care physician or had your routine blood tests done. Without those, it is now illegal for your physician to renew your prescription.

cool1

cool1

I use cheap over the counter stuff I take 1 when I cant sleep but then in groggy all day the next day  Shocked 

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

cool1 wrote:I use cheap over the counter stuff I take 1 when I cant sleep but then in groggy all day the next day  Shocked 

That's what is great about Ambien -- no grogginess the next morning.

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

You're lying.

Publix could not and would not make such a decision.  They can only carry out the instructions of your physician.  My guess is that you haven't been in for the routine visit with your primary care physician or had your routine blood tests done.  Without those, it is now illegal for your physician to renew your prescription.

They damn sure did and said I had to wait until it was time for my next prescription. I called my daughter who had been a pharmacy tech many years ago to ask her and she said they can do that because it's a class IV drug and highly regulated. Publix said I could catch up on that refill at the end but would not give me the refill for that month. I had one refill left the next month and had to go see my Dr. to get it refilled so don't tell me Markle ,I'm lying. I got five refills out of a six month prescription.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

You should have told the pharmacist....that was the week you stayed up 7 nights in a row. It's between you and your doctor....not the pharmacist or pharmacy tech.  You could have had any number of reasons for not taking the meds.

I was certainly shocked. They first said they couldn't back bill for the prescription so I called my insurance co.and they said they could and called them. Then they said I was in my new 30 days and had to wait until it was time for the new month which was 3 weeks away.. I think they thought I was selling them or something. They actually told me if I was only taking half then I didn't need the current prescription and had some left over. I really thought it was none of their business how I took them but apparently they could do that.

Markle wrote:
Chrissy wrote:On March 29, 2009, Robert Stewart, 45,  stormed into the Pinelake Health and Rehab nursing home in Carthage, North Carolina and opened fire, killing eight people and wounding two. Stewart’s apparent target was his estranged wife, who worked as a nurse in the home. She hid in a bathroom and was unharmed. Stewart was charged with eight counts of first-degree murder; if convicted he could face the death penalty. Even though there was evidence that Stewart’s actions were premeditated (he allegedly had a target), Stewart’s defense team successfully argued that since he was under the influence of Ambien, a sleep aid, at the time of the shooting, he was not in control of his actions. Instead of the charges sought by the prosecutors, Stewart was  convicted on eight counts of second-degree murder. He received 142 – 179 years in prison.

----------

Not sure what you mean darling. I dont take ANYTHING> zilch, nunya, ZERO.

I am ALL El Natural  Cool 

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

You're lying.

Publix could not and would not make such a decision.  They can only carry out the instructions of your physician.  My guess is that you haven't been in for the routine visit with your primary care physician or had your routine blood tests done.  Without those, it is now illegal for your physician to renew your prescription.

she always lies, but what do you expect, shes a drug addict and a liberal.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

In order to sleep, I just need to not forget to put my foam earplugs in.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

I'm never awake 5 minutes after the light's out and my head hits the pillow.

My Dad always said that's an indicator of a clear conscience.

lol

Chrissy wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

You're lying.

Yes, I'd rather be that than alcoholic neurotic fattie anyday.

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:
Markle wrote:

----------

Not sure what you mean darling. I dont take ANYTHING> zilch, nunya, ZERO.

I am ALL El Natural  Cool 

I believe he was referring to Stewart and his defense team grasping at straws, Einstein.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:I'm never awake 5 minutes after the light's out and my head hits the pillow.

lol

Or effective self delusion...

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Sal wrote:I'm never awake 5 minutes after the light's out and my head hits the pillow.

lol

You are correct.

Unlike yourself, I don't believe in bogeymen hiding under my bed to jump out and play the Knock Out Game on me and drag me off to the nearest FEMA camp.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:

You're lying.

Yes, I'd rather be that than alcoholic neurotic fattie anyday.

yes, but what i said was true. what you said, eh not so much.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

lol

You are correct.

Unlike yourself, I don't believe in bogeymen hiding under my bed to jump out and play the Knock Out Game on me and drag me off to the nearest FEMA camp.

Bring em on I'll stack em up in the hallway, give me sumthin to feed the hogs. Maybe Dreams will let me borrow her Zombie wood chipper so I can make them bite size.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Sal wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

lol

You are correct.

Bring em on I'll stack em up in the hallway, give me sumthin to feed the hogs. Maybe Dreams will let me borrow her Zombie wood chipper so I can make them bite size.

the hogs will eat em whole.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum