Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robert Gates is one of the few high government officials I've always thought is on the level. And now he's laid it on the line about Obama.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was gonna give a link but now I have to get off the computer for something but, if you're into this wacky dysfunctional government like I am, you'll wanna go read about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25645855

In the book, the former defence secretary voices frustration at the "controlling nature" of Mr Obama's White House, which he says constantly interfered in Pentagon affairs, even though civilian aides lacked knowledge of military operations.

The White House national security staff "took micromanagement and operational meddling to a new level," he writes, comparing their approach to that of the Nixon era of the 1970s.

"All too early in the administration," Mr Gates writes, "suspicion and distrust of senior military officers by senior White House officials -including the president and vice president - became a big problem for me as I tried to manage the relationship between the commander-in-chief and his military leaders."

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/08/world/asia/obama-lost-faith-in-his-afghan-strategy-memoir-asserts.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&rref=politics&hpw

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/obama-frustrated-on-afghanistan-biden-consistently-wrong-ex-defence-secretary-says/article16239659/?service=mobile

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

"All too early in the administration," Mr Gates writes, "suspicion and distrust of senior military officers by senior White House officials -including the president and vice president - became a big problem for me as I tried to manage the relationship between the commander-in-chief and his military leaders."

Good.

Obamas like a famous corporal we all know from history with his inability to listen to experts and wanting to micromanage things himself.

Yet if something goes wrong... he knows nothing. Then purposefully obfuscates and punishes any disclosures.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:Yet if something goes wrong... he knows nothing. Then purposefully obfuscates and punishes any disclosures.
Robert Gates is one of the few high government officials I've always thought is on the level.   And now he's laid it on the line about Obama. ThomasPaineprotectpeople

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Yet if something goes wrong... he knows nothing. Then purposefully obfuscates and punishes any disclosures.
Robert Gates is one of the few high government officials I've always thought is on the level.   And now he's laid it on the line about Obama. ThomasPaineprotectpeople

Thomas Paine got it only part right.
What he left out is that if you're a democrat you should only apply that to Republican governments.
And if you're a republican you should only apply it to democrat governments.

Sal

Sal

If what Gates wrote regarding Obama's ambivalence to the wars, mistrust of the MIC, and disdain for Karzai is all true, I think it's time to amend the Constitution and elect him to a third term.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Obamas like a famous corporal we all know from history with his inability to listen to experts and wanting to micromanage things himself.

Would these "experts" you refer to be the same generals who lost the war in Iraq and is losing it in Afghanistan?

I'm glad Mr. Obama doesn't trust those bastards!

Gates record isn 't that wonderful. He wanted free reign for the CIA and supports NSA spying on everyone.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

Thomas Paine got it only part right.
What he left out is that if you're a democrat you should only apply that to Republican governments.
And if you're a republican you should only apply it to democrat governments.
 Where did he mention one party or another?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum