Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Under President Obama the United States is world leader in gas and oil

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2013/10/07/world_s_leading_oil_gas_producer_us_passes_russia_under_obama_administration.html

World leaders are seriously talking about after his presidency to have him run their country for a few years......the man with the golden touch......can you say winner as he slowly is bringing us back despite the 1% whine that they may actually have to pay some taxes.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

We are producing more oil than we have in the last 30 years, with production still yet to climb. Of course, the Frightie-Righties will claim that President Obama had nothing to do with this. He is certrainly not standing in the way of oil companies, and they are not complaining about our President (I read the Oil & Gas Journal, and its editors leave Obama pretty much alone).

The oil patch is booming--one of the good things going on in America these days.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

I found it interesting in the article that Russia has not applied our technology to their old shale wells......my guess is that we may actually have a glut in the near future as your predictions on Saudi become a reality, my guess the Russians may pick up the slack. President Obama is doing an amazing job. Wait to folks start connecting the dots of all the positive trends this president has started. He has saved America.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I found it interesting in the article that Russia has not applied our technology to their old shale wells......my guess is that we may actually have a glut in the near future as your predictions on Saudi become a reality, my guess the Russians may pick up the slack.  President Obama is doing an amazing job.  Wait to folks start connecting the dots of all the positive trends this president has started.  He has saved America.

American companies own the technology needed to extract oil from tight shale formations. This is strictly an American thing. The trouble for using it elsewhere is that it is much an artform as it is a process. It doesn't work the same way in other parts of the world in different areas of geology. China has large shale-oil deposits also, but they need to develop the "art" that works in their geology. The same with Russia. Meanwhile, we can take it to the bank.

There may well be a glut when Mexico gets its act together. Mexico is one of the most promising underexplored regions remaining in the world. The state oil company, PEMEX, was corrupt and caused Mexican oil production to nearly collapse. The Mexican government recently changed the rules to allow foreign energy companies to work in Mexico once again. This should boost Mexican oil production up again.

2seaoat

I am stunned to see that article saying we lead the world. It has been since the 60s when we consistently did the same. President Obama simply has had stunning success after stunning success, but this means long term economic growth and return of industrial jobs to America. How will history get their arms around this historic reversal. stunning success for the President and our country.

My great uncle was part of the oil exploration that was nationalized there last century... he was busted to dirt.

Just out of curiosity... who here thinks obama has been net pro/neutral/anti conventional energy production in the usa?

What do you think his ideological intent was... through policy... despite the results?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:My great uncle was part of the oil exploration that was nationalized there last century... he was busted to dirt.

Just out of curiosity... who here thinks obama has been net pro/neutral/anti conventional energy production in the usa?

What do you think his ideological intent was... through policy... despite the results?

Obama is an Establishment polititician. I don't see him doing anything overtly/ideologically to regulate or control the oil industry. I mean, his response to the 2010 BP oil spill was rather benign. After the 2014 mid-term elections, he'll be free to approve the Keystone XL pipeline with few political repercussions. My prediction is he will eventually approve.

To answer your first question, Obama has been net pro-conventional energy. He certainly has not stood in the way of energy development.

2seaoat

Come on PK.......you always argue the math, and now you want to run away from the math.......sorry President Obama is setting historic records across the board, and come this summer if the math has been correct......katie bar the door. The man has exceeded all my expectations.

2seaoat wrote:Come on PK.......you always argue the math, and now you want to run away from the math.......sorry President Obama is setting historic records across the board, and come this summer if the math has been correct......katie bar the door.   The man has exceeded all my expectations.

It is now very apparent YOU ARE STONED!

2seaoat

Chrissy,
I am sober and understand math, We are now the world leader in oil and gas, and everybody said if President Obama was elected our production would tumble. The math does not lie. The President has lead us to stunning success.

Markle

Markle

As you well know, here's why.

Under President Obama the United States is world leader in gas and oil USOilandLeaseProduction

http://energycommerce.house.gov/sites/republicans.energycommerce.house.gov/files/20130228CRSreport.pdf

2seaoat

As you well know the stats do not lie, under President Obama we have reversed our downward trend and we are booming in gas and oil production. You cannot even give the man credit when it is due. He is providing the leadership to allow this to happen.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Leave it to Markle to pull-out the wingnut foil about how there is less drilling on Federal lands and that is why our oil production is smaller than it would be. That meme is false, of course; though this won't stop the frightwingers from throwing it around.

Markle can post a graph, but he cannot tell you where all of this oil is that Obama is not allowing energy companies access to; LOL!

Oil production is up and climbing, and it is all happening on Obama's watch. Choke on this news, wingnuts!

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Leave it to Markle to pull-out the wingnut foil about how there is less drilling on Federal lands and that is why our oil production is smaller than it would be. That meme is false, of course; though this won't stop the frightwingers from throwing it around.

Markle can post a graph, but he cannot tell you where all of this oil is that Obama is not allowing energy companies access to; LOL!

Oil production is up and climbing, and it is all happening on Obama's watch. Choke on this news, wingnuts!

I don't understand why you suck on the Obama ding dong with the rest. you know very well its not federal increasing the oil revenues. markles graph isn't wrong btw

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Leave it to Markle to pull-out the wingnut foil about how there is less drilling on Federal lands and that is why our oil production is smaller than it would be. That meme is false, of course; though this won't stop the frightwingers from throwing it around.

I don't understand why you suck on the Obama ding dong with the rest. you know very well its not federal increasing the oil revenues. markles graph isn't wrong btw

Markle's graph is meaningless in the big scheme of things, as is the silly argument supporting it.

2seaoat

Markle's graph is meaningless in the big scheme of things, as is the silly argument supporting it.

No, I think Mr. Markle in posting the graph confirms how extraordinary President Obama has been in setting the record, and all this has been done without expanding our federal resources. This remarkable record was accomplished by reserving America's resources and expanding privately owned resources. President Obama during the campaign was going to have production crash, yet he cleverly has maximized private property. Brilliant.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Z, Markles graph is CORRECT. Just say it. Now you can call it meaningless, but facts are facts., The graph is accurate.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Z, Markles graph is CORRECT. Just say it. Now you can call it meaningless, but facts are facts., The graph is accurate.

I can't keep idiots from chasing after windmills. Have fun running after items that do not matter in the big scheme of things.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

My general thoughts on this topic are: it is too bad in a way, that we didn't have this new technology back when we thought we couldn't live without oil from OPEC. Think of all the wars and messing about in other countries we could have avoided. Too bad, water under the bridge.

Speaking of water, ground water is getting messed up due to fracking  because of the chemical soup the extractors force into the ground and then expel into rivers or into holding ponds or whatever. Any way you slice it whether you look at the increased use of petroleum fuel or the destruction of drinking water sources it is not the best thing in the world for the environment.

Ideally we should be developing alternative sources of renewable energy as fast as we can in order to 1) preserve the environment (you know, leave a clean planet for those grandkids that are always mentioned in the whining about the national debt? They're the ones who have to live in the mess we make) and 2) to create better jobs as we corner the market in the next generation of energy production.

I'm a strong supporter of Obama and I'm happy that the economy is turning around in spite of efforts to undermine it but getting excited about being the leader in oil production has more than one side to it and we need to be realistically cautious about the consequences of over-dependence on oil. We need to be moving away from it for many reasons.

knothead

knothead

othershoe1030 wrote:My general thoughts on this topic are: it is too bad in a way, that we didn't have this new technology back when we thought we couldn't live without oil from OPEC. Think of all the wars and messing about in other countries we could have avoided. Too bad, water under the bridge.

Speaking of water, ground water is getting messed up due to fracking  because of the chemical soup the extractors force into the ground and then expel into rivers or into holding ponds or whatever. Any way you slice it whether you look at the increased use of petroleum fuel or the destruction of drinking water sources it is not the best thing in the world for the environment.

Ideally we should be developing alternative sources of renewable energy as fast as we can in order to 1) preserve the environment (you know, leave a clean planet for those grandkids that are always mentioned in the whining about the national debt? They're the ones who have to live in the mess we make) and 2) to create better jobs as we corner the market in the next generation of energy production.

I'm a strong supporter of Obama and I'm happy that the economy is turning around in spite of efforts to undermine it but getting excited about being the leader in oil production has more than one side to it and we need to be realistically cautious about the consequences of over-dependence on oil. We need to be moving away from it for many reasons.

Well said OS . . . there are always consequences and in this case the potential environmental impact long term must be considered. Decades from now perhaps the EPA will be heralded as an agency watchdog that served a grander purpose instead of the vilification they now endure.

Good post and I agree with you!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Thanks KH, it just seemed as if a rather large piece of the puzzle had been left out. Neutral 

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I can't keep idiots from chasing after windmills. Have fun running after items that do not matter in the big scheme of things.
Then display your brilliance for us all and show where production on Private and State land has DECREASED and production on FEDERAL LAND has INCREASED.

Come on, step up and show off for your Progressive comrades.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Then display your brilliance for us all and show where production on Private and State land has DECREASED and production on FEDERAL LAND has INCREASED.

I think you should prove your theory. You're the one who brought this canard up. It is a canard that you cannot back up with any real information.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I think you should prove your theory. You're the one who brought this canard up. It is a canard that you cannot back up with any real information.

Searched and couldn't find a thing to disprove my FACTS now you want more FACTS to support the FACTS I posted.  Cute try.  Struck out again didn't you!

Under President Obama the United States is world leader in gas and oil HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Searched and couldn't find a thing to disprove my FACTS now you want more FACTS to support the FACTS I posted.  Cute try.  Struck out again didn't you!

The canards you continually throw up on the forum are not worth wasting time on. They are mostly filled with baloney, with a little bovine excrement in between the layers.  

Under President Obama the United States is world leader in gas and oil HystericallyLaughingmanandboy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum