Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blacklisting the Duckman...

+4
Yella
surfnrg
Wordslinger
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 1:49 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/12/patrick-j-buchanan/duck-dynasty-and-the-new-blacklist/

Contrast if you will the sins for which Phil Robertson is being blacklisted with those of the Hollywood Ten.

He is a fundamentalist Christian professing his belief in what he holds to be Bible truths about sin, homosexuality, heaven and hell. For so doing, he is being censored by elites who wish to deny him access to the medium they largely control — television.

And what were the comparable sins of the Hollywood Ten?

They were witting collaborators in a 70-year Communist conspiracy responsible for the murder of millions, which, in the 1940s, looked on the United States of America as the last impediment to world conquest.

In that era, we were agreed that Communism and Communists were the enemies of America and mankind and should be regarded and treated as such.

To our modern moral and cultural elites, it is those who condemn the values of GLAAD who are the enemies of decency and progress who ought to be fired and blacklisted to prevent their poisonous views from being disseminated..

In the Hollywood of the late 1940s, Communism was persona non grata. In the 21st century, biblical Christianity is persona non grata.

No, this is not the America we grew up in. And it is becoming less so.

2Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 3:53 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/12/patrick-j-buchanan/duck-dynasty-and-the-new-blacklist/

Contrast if you will the sins for which Phil Robertson is being blacklisted with those of the Hollywood Ten.

He is a fundamentalist Christian professing his belief in what he holds to be Bible truths about sin, homosexuality, heaven and hell. For so doing, he is being censored by elites who wish to deny him access to the medium they largely control — television.

They were witting collaborators in a 70-year Communist conspiracy responsible for the murder of millions, which, in the 1940s, looked on the United States of America as the last impediment to world conquest.

In that era, we were agreed that Communism and Communists were the enemies of America and mankind and should be regarded and treated as such.

To our modern moral and cultural elites, it is those who condemn the values of GLAAD who are the enemies of decency and progress who ought to be fired and blacklisted to prevent their poisonous views from being disseminated..

In the Hollywood of the late 1940s, Communism was persona non grata. In the 21st century, biblical Christianity is persona non grata.

Robertson is a slick, graduate of LSU and highly skilled at PR and Marketing.
The whole event is a publicity stunt. Robertson is no more a redneck, backwoods, Baptist asshole than I am.

He did, however, manage to turn off more than 50% of A&E's audience (more than 50% of Americans support gay marriage laws). Robertson does it for money, and so does A&E.

Jesus, as usual, has absolutely nothing to do with it. LOL

3Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 9:06 am

surfnrg

surfnrg

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/12/patrick-j-buchanan/duck-dynasty-and-the-new-blacklist/

Robertson is a slick, graduate of LSU and highly skilled at PR and Marketing.  
The whole event is a publicity stunt.  Robertson is no more a redneck, backwoods, Baptist asshole than I am.  

He did, however, manage to turn off more than 50% of A&E's audience (more than 50% of Americans support gay marriage laws).  Robertson does it for money, and so does A&E.  

Jesus, as usual, has absolutely nothing to do with it.  LOL

Thank you Mr. wordslinger i cannot believe america is stupid enough to fall for this. It is a publicity stunt just like pawn shop repo man etc.

While making millions by doing nothing more than PR jobs people making real contributions settle for a pittance.

But after all it's america and Capitalism is god.

4Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty More wackiness from Duck Dynasty. 12/24/2013, 9:25 am

Yella

Yella

Blacklisting the Duckman... More_w10

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

5Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 9:47 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:Blacklisting the Duckman... More_w10

That cartoon is THE best, THE most creative, THE most insightful, THE most timely, and most of all THE funniest single piece of satire I think I have ever seen.

6Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 9:50 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Quote: Andrew Sullivan: “Robertson is a character in a reality show. He’s not a spokesman for A&E any more than some soul-sucking social x-ray from the Real Housewives series is a spokeswoman for Bravo. Is he being fired for being out of character? Nah. He’s being fired for staying in character – a character A&E have nurtured and promoted and benefited from. Turning around and demanding a Duck Dynasty star suddenly become the equivalent of a Rachel Maddow guest is preposterous and unfair.”

7Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 10:04 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Quote: Andrew Sullivan: “Robertson is a character in a reality show. He’s not a spokesman for A&E any more than some soul-sucking social x-ray from the Real Housewives series is a spokeswoman for Bravo. Is he being fired for being out of character? Nah. He’s being fired for staying in character – a character A&E have nurtured and promoted and benefited from. Turning around and demanding a Duck Dynasty star suddenly become the equivalent of a Rachel Maddow guest is preposterous and unfair.”

That's an interesting point. And for anyone who might not be familiar with the name, Sullivan is a commentator and blogger who is also homosexual.

8Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 10:09 am

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:soul-sucking social x-ray from the Real Housewives series

Thanks to my wife, I've sat through a few moments here and there of those Real Housewives shows.

"Soul sucking social x-ray" is as accurate a description for that pablum as could possibly be constructed.

It literally hurts my brain to watch it.

9Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 10:13 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lesbian Camille Paglia, a professor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, during a radio interview with Laura Ingraham: “In a democratic country, people have the right to be homophobic as well as they have the right to support homosexuality – as I one hundred percent do. If people are basing their views against gays on the Bible, again, they have a right of religious freedom there”

10Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 10:31 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Lesbian Camille Paglia, a professor at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, during a radio interview with Laura Ingraham: “In a democratic country, people have the right to be homophobic as well as they have the right to support homosexuality – as I one hundred percent do. If people are basing their views against gays on the Bible, again, they have a right of religious freedom there”

Smart lady.  "In a democratic country, people have the right to be homophobic as well as they have the right to support homosexuality".  That exactly describes what we're doing on this forum.

I would only disagree with one part of it.  It's not so much that we're a "democratic" country which applies here.  If all we were was a "democracy",  then a majority could (and would) walk over ALL minorities.
That's why those genuises who invented our country made it a "Constitutional Republic".  With great emphasis on the Constitutional part of that.  When they added that Bill of Rights to the Constitution,  they made it so that a majority vote could not take away the rights of each of us as individuals regardless if we're in a minority.

11Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 10:42 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well you read ichi's story of the gay code breaker..Gays are often very intelligent, maybe if a study were done I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the upper quadrant. That said you got some real dummies at the other end to balance things, just like the heteros...

12Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 10:53 am

Sal

Sal

Naturally, I couldn’t resist asking Parker — the nation’s first openly gay big-city mayor — what she thinks about the Phil Robertson “Duck Dynasty” controversy.

“I have never watched ‘Duck Dynasty,’ so I don’t think about it much at all,” Parker responded. “I’ve been a gay community activist since the mid-70s. It was a very different time. We were fighting to keep people out of jails and mental hospitals. What some redneck wingnut has to say about the GLBT community is completely irrelevant.”

Today, she clarified what she meant, namely that he’s a redneck wingnut and she finds his opinions irrelevant:

Blacklisting the Duckman... Screen15

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

13Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 11:47 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote: That said you got some real dummies at the other end to balance things, just like the heteros...

Thank goodness we can finally be in agreement on something. (put a thumbs up smilie here).

14Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 11:49 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

First, love the cartoon!!

Second, Duckman's opinions about gays were stated in more obvious and concrete judgmental words. Perhaps they's why that is getting more air time and press but I find totally egregious his comments about how happy blacks were in the pre-civil rights days. Talk about having white blinders on! Of course  no one complained to him, white-trash status notwithstanding, white is white, duh. From his GQ interview...

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

15Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 12:00 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

othershoe1030 wrote:First, love the cartoon!!

This will probably be obvious to most.  But just in case it isn't to some...

The majority of duck sounds such as quacking people have heard and are familiar with comes from female, or hen, mallards. Hen mallards are extremely vocal and this is probably why the number one call for duck hunting in North America is a hen mallard call.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_call

What duck hunters are doing with those duck calls is tricking male ducks into believing they're hearing the call of female ducks.  

That's the point of the cartoon's satire.  lol

16Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 12:25 pm

What does it matter? As long as A&E keeps the show there will be another controversy the next time Phil pisses off some group. I think the gays know they can't do much about it and that's why they are not protesting so strongly. What and who can they boycott? They just don't matter to A&E.

17Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 1:31 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Wordslinger wrote:
Robertson is a slick, graduate of LSU

Don't let me rain on your parade, but Phill Robertson has a BA in Physical Education and a MA in Education from Louisiana Tech University not Louisiana State University(LSU). Oh and BTW Robertson was the starting QB for the Tech football team, was offered a contract with the Redskins after his junior year which he turned down and quit football because it interfered with duck hunting season. He was the starter while some guy named Terry Bradshaw warmed the bench.

There is nothing on his resume about having a degree in PR. Now his son Willie on the other hand has a degree with emphasis on PR.

18Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 1:43 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

All this is doing is making the Robertson family a household word.
They will either stay on A&E or go to another network.
Because of all this sensation of publicity,  they are now attracting an even larger audience.  In show biz,  any show biz,  that translates into MORE MONEY for them.
And MUCH wider merchandising opportunities.  I was in Walmart yesterday and saw their Christmas Cards and it EVEN GOT ME to sucker for it.  lol
To the tune of $11 (3 of em).  I've never before paid more than a quarter for a greeting card in my life.  I usually buy unused partial boxes at yard sales and the whole damn box is a quarter.  lol

Hey, the whole thing is a hoot,  what can I say.

19Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 3:31 pm

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:All this is doing is making the Robertson family a household word.
They will either stay on A&E or go to another network.
Because of all this sensation of publicity,  they are now attracting an even larger audience.  In show biz,  any show biz,  that translates into MORE MONEY for them.
And MUCH wider merchandising opportunities.  I was in Walmart yesterday and saw their Christmas Cards and it EVEN GOT ME to sucker for it.  lol
To the tune of $11 (3 of em).  I've never before paid more than a quarter for a greeting card in my life.  I usually buy unused partial boxes at yard sales and the whole damn box is a quarter.  lol

Hey, the whole thing is a hoot,  what can I say.

Why are doctors called quacks?

20Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 3:51 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Blacklisting the Duckman... 115436784_0

Quack, in the sense of a medical impostor, is a shortening of the old Dutch quacksalver (spelled kwakzalver in the modern Dutch), which originally meant a person who cures with home remedies, and then came to mean one using false cures or knowledge.

The etymological trail gets muddy if you go any further back than that, and quacksalver has been traced variously to kwakken (to fling or throw down) + zalver (person who cures with ointments), quacsalven (a term for home remedies, from the 1300s), and quaken (to quack or croak) + salf (salve). Taken figuratively, the kwakken and quaken origins imply someone peddling and boasting about their medical wares, legitimate or not—a little broader, but not too far off from the modern usage.

Quacksalver’s similarity to quicksilver, or mercury—a heavy metal sometimes slipped into counterfeit medications—might suggest a connection between the two, but there doesn't seem to be any recorded evidence that the element led to the name.

Read the full text here: http://mentalfloss.com/article/33558/why-fake-doctor-called-quack#ixzz2oQKwcZZw
--brought to you by mental_floss!

21Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 5:23 pm

Yella

Yella

TEO, we are all down with Quack now. Thank you.

22Blacklisting the Duckman... Empty Re: Blacklisting the Duckman... 12/24/2013, 5:35 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Blacklisting the Duckman... H4FE0C1AF

Is that a running Joke ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum