Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Chrissy

+3
Ghost Rider
Sal
Hospital Bob
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1For Chrissy Empty For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 1:07 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

At the 1:20 point in this video, Phil Robertson says this, Chrissy...

Women with women, men with men, they committed indecent acts with one another, and they received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. They're full of murder, envy, strife and hatred. They are insolent, arrogant, God-haters. They are heartless, they are senseless, they are faithless, they are ruthless...

You're "full or murder", Chrissy. And don't even think of talking back to Mr. Robertson because he speaks for the Creator of the Universe. And not only that, but any attempt to disagree with him is taking away his right of free speech and then you're going against God and the Constitution.
If I was you, Chrissy, I would stop choosing to be full of murder. Stop choosing to be heartless and ruthless. Stop hating God.
Because if you don't, you're going to burn in a lake of fire for all of eternity.

2For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 6:51 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

A question for all of you folk who rallied arounded John Robertson and this media circus which surrounded him.

Why? And it's a sincere question. Please help me to understand.

3For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 7:20 pm

Sal

Sal

For the same reason they rallied around Chik-Fil-A and George Zimmerman. 

4For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 7:24 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Bob wrote:A question for all of you folk who rallied arounded John Robertson and this media circus which surrounded him.

Why?  And it's a sincere question.  Please help me to understand.

Now tell me, who is John Robertson?

5For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 7:26 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost Rider wrote:

Now tell me, who is John Robertson?

Fuck if I know. I'm old and drunk and I can't get the first names straight. lol

6For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 7:28 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I know this is a fricken Nazi trap but let me say a couple things. Christians have dealt with compromise for hundreds of years. We want to live within our countries and down to our communities BUT the Bible which Christians are supposed to follow says certain behaviors are an abomination in God's sight. Of course all sin is disgusting to the one we Christians answer to. Now if we loose things that the Bible says we can't loose, we are cursed. So a Christian is stuck between what society has now accepted as normal and what the Bible says isn't and implies it never shall be. So Bob shall we serve God or man ? Many religions are quick to compromise but the Church of Christ which duckman belongs doesn't if they do then they become shunned and rejected aka disfellowshipped. There is no authority above the elders in the Churches of Christ and they are all autonomous. Their word is final unless it conflict with God's word.  So Robertson has no choice it is his faith..

7For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 7:58 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I know this is a fricken Nazi trap but let me say a couple things. Christians have dealt with compromise for hundreds of years. We want to live within our countries and down to our communities BUT the Bible which Christians are supposed to follow says certain behaviors are an abomination in God's sight. Of course all sin is disgusting to the one we Christians answer to. Now if we loose things that the Bible says we can't loose, we are cursed. So a Christian is stuck between what society has now accepted as normal and what the Bible says isn't and implies it never shall be. So Bob shall we serve God or man ? Many religions are quick to compromise but the Church of Christ which duckman belongs doesn't if they do then they become shunned and rejected aka disfellowshipped. There is no authority above the elders in the Churches of Christ and they are all autonomous. Their word is final unless it conflict with God's word.  So Robertson has no choice it is his faith..

I understand where you and Robertson and so many others are coming from.

You won't remember this because there's no reason to remember it unless you're me or somebody like me. But it was the first thing I said when "nolegstostandon" outed me as being bisexual.

I said then that if I was not bisexual I would very likely think exactly as you and Robertson do. I'd be agin it.
But I am bisexual. Was I born that way? I don't know. But it's all I can ever remember. It's a rock solid part of me.
So I have to stick up for myself even if it's the most unpopular thing going.
Even if Bibles say it. Even if duck callers say it. Even if you say it.

8For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 8:16 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Looney tunes.

Not you, Bob.  Wink 

9For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 9:19 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

[quote="Floridatexan"]Looney tunes.

Not you, Bob.   Wink [/quote

Take it up with God tell him he's looney

10For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 9:21 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

All he has to do is make a post. I'll be glad to talk to him.

11For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 9:22 pm

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:For the same reason they rallied around Chik-Fil-A and George Zimmerman. 

That would be Chik-Fil-A and the Hobby Lobby.

12For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 9:24 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

All he has to do is make a post.  I'll be glad to talk to him.

He did it's called the Word of God. Guess he figured since he's god once is enough

13For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 9:34 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I honestly don't care what Chik-Fil-A stands for. It's a damn good chicken sandwich. Hell it's the best tasting fast food sandwich of all.
I get it with extra pickles. Trust me, the next time you get one tell em you want extra pickles on the sandwich. I don't think you'll regret it.

14For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 9:35 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

He did it's called the Word of God. Guess he figured since he's god once is enough

Well he figured wrong. And if he figured duck man was his spokesperson, he figured really wrong.

15For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 10:24 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well let's examine it from a purely common sense vantage. What was God's reason for his admonitions or instructions ? The human body has a design and functions best within those design parameters. We follow traffic laws closely so we don't hurt ourselves or others. We drive our cars within their design limits. All this because it is best for us in the long run. Our cars and ourselves last longer. Now under what circumstances does one put a part of their body in feces intentionally and then tear and irritate their protective skin allowing a vast array of bacteria access to their circulatory system ? It ultimately results in infections and illness. I have known quite a few gay men and they were often infected and sick. The laws are for your own good...Most all laws from God result in your happiness and good health....hey if you want to defy the law you may pay dearly.

16For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 10:35 pm

Im not getting heavily involved in this topic. I will make my short comments but im not "invested" in it.

I already know how very religious people are. I grew up with them. Matter of a fact, I have duck stuff all over my FB page right now because I come from a very religious family.

They have their convictions. But none of them Hate me personally. and ive spoken with some of them about all this mess. And I think they are more upset that A&E is not letting this man have his opinion more than they are trying to bash gays. It took me a bit to cool my hot head off to see this.

I think I agree with the premise he should be able to express his beliefs. I do not agree with him. but I didn't agree with kayne west rants or Jamie foxs's either and I don't believe they were removed from their status/shows.

So what im saying is yes, I disagree with him, it pissed me off at first. but then I thought about it calmly and he is being treated unfairly.

now I need to go apologize to Sarah palin on my FB LOL

17For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 10:35 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well let's examine it from a purely common sense vantage. What was God's reason for his admonitions or instructions ?  The human body has a design and functions best within those design parameters.  We follow traffic laws closely so we don't hurt ourselves or others. We drive our cars within their design limits. All this because it is best for us in the long run. Our cars and ourselves last longer. Now under what circumstances does one put a part of their body in feces intentionally and then tear and irritate their protective skin allowing a vast array of bacteria access to their circulatory system ? It ultimately results in infections and illness. I have known quite a few gay men and they were often infected and sick.[ The laws are for your own good...Most all laws from God result in your happiness and good health....hey if you want to defy the law you may pay dearly.

How is it that you've known "quite a few" gay men?  I was just going over it in my mind and I haven't even known "quite a few" gay men or gay women combined.
Push those bible verses cause you're good at that.  But don't insult my intelligence with that "I've known quite a few" horseshit.  lol

18For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 10:43 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote: none of them Hate me personally.

Chrissy, he said you're "full or murder", you're "indecent, perverted, envious, and full of hate". You're "arrogant, heartless, senseless and a god-hater"

And he was pointing to EVERYONE with your sexual orientation. He didn't make an exception with you. lol

19For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 10:46 pm

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote: none of them Hate me personally.    

Chrissy,  he said you're "full or murder",  you're "indecent,  perverted, envious, and full of hate".  You're "arrogant,  heartless,  senseless and a god-hater"

And he was pointing to EVERYONE with your sexual orientation.  He didn't make an exception with you.  lol

I know what he said bob. And I disagree with him. but he has the right to say it. And he also has the right to have a tv show on tv and if I don't want to watch it, then I wont watch it. actually I have never watched it LOL

20For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 10:49 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:

I know what he said bob. And I disagree with him. but he has the right to say it. And he also has the right to have a tv show on tv and if I don't want to watch it, then I wont watch it. actually I have never watched it LOL

I agree with every word of that. And I have just as much right to say my peace as he does his.
I can't help it if he has millions listening to him and I only have a dozen. I didn't make those rules. lol

21For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 10:54 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well let's examine it from a purely common sense vantage. What was God's reason for his admonitions or instructions ?  The human body has a design and functions best within those design parameters.  We follow traffic laws closely so we don't hurt ourselves or others. We drive our cars within their design limits. All this because it is best for us in the long run. Our cars and ourselves last longer. Now under what circumstances does one put a part of their body in feces intentionally and then tear and irritate their protective skin allowing a vast array of bacteria access to their circulatory system ? It ultimately results in infections and illness. I have known quite a few gay men and they were often infected and sick.[ The laws are for your own good...Most all laws from God result in your happiness and good health....hey if you want to defy the law you may pay dearly.

How is it that you've known "quite a few" gay men?  I was just going over it in my mind and I haven't even known "quite a few" gay men or gay women combined.
Push those bible verses cause you're good at that.  But don't insult my intelligence with that "I've known quite a few" horseshit.  lol

My real estate agent is gay I have known him since the 80s and he is also a friend and I know a few of his gay friends. I have seen him almost die from infections. We had a young man in our church that was gay...he was found dead in his bed , no explanation was ever given. I had known him and his parents for many years.  My daughters ex Brother in Law is gay he likes "bears" . I have a former nephew that is gay, his brother raped a woman proving he wasn't gay and his now in prison.

22For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 10:57 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I know this is a fricken Nazi trap....

Okay, after we've all gotten so serious and shit and hopefully got that out of our systems for a bit, I now want to acknowledge that quote above which made me piss my pants.

p.s. to those friends who I linked this thread to, that quote won't mean anything to you because you don't know the context of it. It's only for my cyberfriends to understand.

23For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 10:59 pm

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I agree with every word of that.  And I have just as much right to say my peace as he does his.  
I can't help it if he has millions listening to him and I only have a dozen.  I didn't make those rules.   lol

There are a lot of things I find offensive coming out of Hollywood. This one just happens to be from the minority side.

I spoke out about it to about 50 family members, that's all I can do  Razz 

I feel he's wrong for calling me a murderer, and really I don't even know where he comes up with that? or a hater of God. again that's his opinion with a broad brush. either way i disagree with him, but agree he has the right to his opinion. that's it

24For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 11:00 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

My real estate agent is gay I have known him since the 80s and he is also a friend and I know a few of his gay friends. I have seen him almost die from infections. We had a young man in our church that was gay...he was found dead in his bed , no explanation was ever given. I had known him and his parents for many years.  My daughters ex Brother in Law is gay he likes "bears" . I have a former nephew that is gay, his brother raped a woman proving he wasn't gay and his now in prison.

Okay I take it back.  You've actually known more queers than I have.  And I'm not implying anything with that,  just stating a fact.  lol

25For Chrissy Empty Re: For Chrissy 12/21/2013, 11:06 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote: This one just happens to be from the minority side.

Duck is "the minority side"?

If you lump all of us together,  we are either 4 or 5% of the population depending on which surveys.  Far less than blacks,  hispanics,  or any other group.  Well maybe there's fewer albinos than us.  But that would be about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum