Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chart of the day: Generational theft

+4
2seaoat
Floridatexan
TEOTWAWKI
boards of FL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Millennials just need to become bold and vote against the interests of the Boomers.

Government spending must be reduced and the reductions must come from all points of the compass. Nothing should be sacrosanct, including entitlements and the big military that both the Left and the Right cherish and want to protect. There is no room in the house for anyone's sacred-cows.

the millennials are going to vote to give themselves freebies while cutting services such as MEDICARE. cant you see that?

What thy don't know is they too will be old one day LOL

You thought the boomers were bad at saving and planning, you aint seen shit yet till you see the generation that thinks EVERYTHING should be provided by the GOV and not care who is paying for it LOL whew its gonna be a hoot, bet they kill me off too.... GEN X

Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Millennials just need to become bold and vote against the interests of the Boomers.

Government spending must be reduced and the reductions must come from all points of the compass. Nothing should be sacrosanct, including entitlements and the big military that both the Left and the Right cherish and want to protect. There is no room in the house for anyone's sacred-cows.

the millennials are going to vote to give themselves freebies while cutting services such as MEDICARE. cant you see that?

You thought the boomers were bad at saving and planning, you aint seen shit yet till you see the generation that thinks EVERYTHING should be provided by the GOV and not care who is paying for it LOL whew its gonna be a hoot, bet they kill me off too.... GEN X

The M's will have the benefit of planning without the govt involvement... if that's what they do. I would be glad if they took this lesson to every glad handed govt program, department, and entitlement. There needs to be a serious examination of govt expansion... the intent... the results... a practical examination minus the emotional baggage. Animals didn't need zoos to survive... or go extinct.

PkrBum wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

The M's will have the benefit of planning without the govt involvement... if that's what they do. I would be glad if they took this lesson to every glad handed govt program, department, and entitlement. There needs to be a serious examination of govt expansion... the intent... the results... a practical examination minus the emotional baggage. Animals didn't need zoos to survive... or go extinct.

They may learn that lesson the hard way.

I hope im alive to see it, a sort of last minute restoration in faith of this great nation.

bet before that happens though there is a civil war.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Why does the dollar shrink?

For many reasons.  Primarily because the demand for the same is reduced.  It can be reduced when a country consumes 850 billion of foreign oil each year which tilts the balance of trade and weakens the dollar.   It can be reduced when the nation increases the supply of the same therein diminishing the value of the same.   Right now the dollar is getting stronger as our balance of trade improves......despite the actions of the fed.   Inflation is simply a hidden tax, but the American people vote for the same everyday they drive their gas guzzler, and you may try to blame government, but the dollar weakens most from adjustments to our insatiable oil demand, which now seems to have production which shoots your theories temporarily out of the park.  It will only take a few years in this environment to have the % of GDP to debt decrease to historical lows as we conserve and switch to home grown renewable energy, and domestic oil and gas.

Here is the reason for the weakening dollar.
Chart of the day:  Generational theft - Page 2 11182013MoneySupply

Really, it isn't any big mystery.  Printing tens of billion's of dollars every week dilutes the value of every other dollar in circulation

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I would like to thank all you dummies for not blaming me and stagflation...I thought you would never forget....
Chart of the day:  Generational theft - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUV3saPR8304ZXxk1wye5wQce6L9WeeUXdT-zzZL8EbHLWYhNKgg

2seaoat

Despite gridlock in Washington and a string of economic mishaps, the dollar has risen by 7% since late 2011. That’s a striking turnaround for a currency that was in relentless decline for decades. If the upward trend continues – and there are good reasons to think it will – then the U.S. dollar could become almighty once again.

Read more: U.S. Dollar: Can It Become Almighty Again? | TIME.com http://business.time.com/2013/03/20/can-the-u-s-dollar-become-almighty-once-again/#ixzz2nnCiPfqK

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum