Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chart of the Day ...

+4
2seaoat
Yella
Hospital Bob
Sal
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chart of the Day ... Empty Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 11:04 am

Sal

Sal

Chart of the Day ... Bx7qir10

2Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 11:16 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Chart of the Day ... Bx7qir10
Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/31/obama-officials-in-2010-93-million-americans-will-be-unable-to-keep-their-health-plans-under-obamacare/

So, according to the obama administration and your chart, that means 90 million is 20% of the population making the population of the United States be 450 million.  I didn't realize that many more mexicans had crossed the border.  I stand corrected.

3Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 11:25 am

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:Chart of the Day ... Bx7qir10
Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/31/obama-officials-in-2010-93-million-americans-will-be-unable-to-keep-their-health-plans-under-obamacare/

So,  according to the obama administration and your chart,   that means 90 million is 20% of the population making the population of the United States be 450 million.  I didn't realize that many more mexicans had crossed the border.  I stand corrected.
Good one, Bob.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

4Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 11:36 am

2seaoat

I am part of the eighty percent. Nothing changes in my plan, as most Americans. When you take small numbers and attempt to spew negative outcomes on the overall impact of this legislation. 17% vs 3%,,,,,,,,,,,,that is where the real analysis and improvement must be weighed.

This idea that mandated insurance and insurance regulation is something awful and brand new with this administration is simple minded brainwashing. The real analysis will be in real numbers, not somebody getting a letter from a sub par insurance provider telling a person they need to migrate their coverage......I have gotten one of those letters from workman comp, business liability, flood insurance, unemployment insurance, auto insurance and homeowners insurance about once a year for the last thirty years.........This discussion is borderline moronic. Let the first person on this forum whose has never got one of these letters from an insurance company throw the first stone......there will be no stones thrown.

5Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 11:46 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:  Let the first person on this forum whose has never got one of these letters from an insurance company throw the first stone......there will be no stones thrown.
The health insurance policy I have now is the first and only insurance policy I've ever had.  I've now had it for 35 years and I have never "gotten one of those letters".  
Where's my stone because I'll goddamn sure throw it.

6Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 12:05 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Read Sal's chart and believe what it says and everyone just Be Happy!

7Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 12:07 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:I am part of the eighty percent.  

Same here.

8Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 12:12 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

How do you know that it won't affect you?  No one really knows what's going to happen over the next 2 or 3 years.

9Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 12:18 pm

2seaoat

The health insurance policy I have now is the first and only insurance policy I've ever had.

Great another uninsured Prius owner terrorizing the greater Pensacola area. No insurance on the home either. Sub par health insurance...........I think we have found the problem facing America.......Bob.

10Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 12:23 pm

2seaoat

How do you know that it won't affect you?  No one really knows what's going to happen over the next 2 or 3 years.

It will not impact the 80% any more than if the legislation had not been passed.  We spend close to $1,500 a month for health insurance through the teacher retirement fund which is a premier policy we selected and pay.   We can go to almost any hospital in America and get treated and our insurance accepted.  The Bobs of this world driving without insurance, no insurance on their home, and sub par health insurance are going to be impacted coming into compliance with the law.

11Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 12:27 pm

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Nekochan wrote:Read Sal's chart and believe what it says and everyone just Be Happy!
But the pie chart doesn't show the segment I'm in. I'm in the segment that gets to keep my current insurance but have to bend over and take it up the ass or pay 200% of what I paid last year. Needless to say, I can't afford a 200% increase, so I've had to invest in lots of KY and Vaseline.

12Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 12:29 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I voluntarily changed car insurance, not because State Farm dropped me. I dropped them.
And yes I did have my homeowner's insurance cancelled. But that's because of hurricanes. However, the insurance company gave me an option of having all coverage except wind damage and reduced the premium to $500. That proved to be the best thing any private corporation ever did for me.

13Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 12:41 pm

Sal

Sal

What really matters is what happens to the people who are receiving those cancelation letters that congressional Republicans have been parading in front of the cameras?

The bottom line: Almost all of them are going to receive the same or much better coverage, and many of them are going to receive financial help to purchase it.

First, let's put the issue in perspective. As Jonathan Gruber, the MIT professor who oversaw Massachusetts health reform and is therefore as close as we have to a true veteran of a dramatic insurance overhaul, told the New Yorker, it's only a small percentage (3 percent, to be precise) of Americans who you can really argue might at least potentially get screwed.

About 80 percent of people, those who receive insurance through their employer or are already enrolled in a government program, won't experience any change at all, Gruber said. (The Kaiser Family Foundation puts the number at 79 percent).

Another 14 percent are currently uninsured people who will now be able to get covered because of the Affordable Care Act, Gruber said. (Kaiser pegs it at 16 percent uninsured). How many of those actually get covered depends on a few variables -- like whether Republicans states come around and expand Medicaid -- but that's the share that stands to gain.

So then you have 6 percent who might receive a cancelation letter (Kaiser says the individual market is 5 percent). Of those, Gruber argued, about half aren't really going to see a change: They'll technically enroll in a new plan, but it'll be very similar to what they already had.

That leaves 3 percent who will have to buy significantly different plans, some of whom might have to pay more for them (at least before the law's tax credits and other financial assistance kick in).

Alright, so those 3 percent of people who are going to have to purchase significantly different coverage: What are they going to get?

Nobody's disputing that they're going to get better coverage. The reason that plans are being canceled in the first place is that they don't comply with Obamacare's requirement that they cover 10 categories of care known as essential health benefits.

That's why experts have routinely said that you can't make an "apples-to-apples" comparison between 2013 and 2014 insurance premiums, because the plans being offered now are much more robust.

And speaking of premiums, the numbers suggest that many of these people who might receive a cancelation letter will have access to the substantial financial help that Obamacare offers.

So mash this all up -- it's an imperfect science -- and Gruber's prediction that about 3 percent of Americans are actually at risk of 'losing' under Obamacare holds up pretty well.

"We have to as a society be able to accept that," he told the New Yorker. "Don't get me wrong, that's a shame, but no law in the history of America makes everyone better off."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/what-happens-to-people-whose-insurance-is-cancelled-because-of-obamacare

14Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 8:36 pm

Bob wrote:
So,  according to the obama administration and your chart,   that means 90 million is 20% of the population making the population of the United States be 450 million.  I didn't realize that many more mexicans had crossed the border.  I stand corrected.
Chart of the Day ... Z

So when did you cross? And more importantly... Which one were you so INS has a good photo?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtFb_xem6k8

Very Happy 

15Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 9:03 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
2seaoat wrote:  Let the first person on this forum whose has never got one of these letters from an insurance company throw the first stone......there will be no stones thrown.
The health insurance policy I have now is the first and only insurance policy I've ever had.  I've now had it for 35 years and I have never "gotten one of those letters".  
Where's my stone because I'll goddamn sure throw it.
You should throw it at the jerks who sold you this subpar insurance...sorry, Bob. It will take time for this new law to make an impact...it may be (and I hope it is) that the current setup will not work as planned...and a lot of the reason for that is state-by-state obstruction...failure to set up a plan based around the new federal mandate...and yes, it is a mandate. The idea is that more people get coverage...it will take time for these people to enroll. The people in states like Florida will suffer because their leadership didn't want to provide anything for the general population...remember who donates to the GOP and especially the tea party. (Hint: It's not the labor unions.)

16Chart of the Day ... Empty Re: Chart of the Day ... 11/1/2013, 9:15 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:
You should throw it at the jerks who sold you this subpar insurance
I already did. But fairy tales don't always have a happy ending.
I was David and Mega Insurance Co was Goliath.
Except I got a mediary to throw the stone for me. It was in the form of the lawyer in california whose whole law practice has been devoted to hitting this particular goliath in his achilles heel. He's the papantonio of health insurance fraud except he don't do nothing but Mega. He's the only firm in the country who has that distinction.

Bottom Line: The dollar amount of my claim aint big enough for him to fuck with. And I completely understand that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum