Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Racism is Dead!! ....

+3
gulfbeachbandit
TEOTWAWKI
Sal
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Racism is Dead!! .... 12/1/2013, 7:03 pm

Sal

Sal

..... not. 

Poll: majority of Americans are racist. 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/10/27/poll_finds_majority_of_americans_are_racist_prejudiced_against_blacks.html

2Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/1/2013, 7:06 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Racism is Dead!! .... 564497_10153592383210515_1635152771_n

3Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/1/2013, 7:25 pm

Hey! That's a picture of me.

4Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/1/2013, 7:31 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:Hey! That's a picture of me.
Why yes it is....LOL

5Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/1/2013, 9:01 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/jacksonville-fl/T3VET66FM3JBN8BBC

http://bunkerville.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/4-blacks-torture-rape-mutilate-and-kill-white-couple/

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/elderly-woman-city-10th-knockout-game-victim-article-1.1532989

6Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/2/2013, 12:20 am

2seaoat

No surprise in the results. I think having a black President has really caused the hatred to be expanded under the guise of political disagreement. I heard somebody on the radio talking about the fifty years since JFK was killed. I remember watching Oswald get shot with my grandmother like it was yesterday.

The radio host was saying the Civil War ended in 1865, and the 14th amendment shortly thereafter was the law where all people were suppose to be equal. The fifty years from 1865 to 1915 saw the rise of the Klan and the Supreme Court affirming Jim Crow laws as being separate but equal. Now from 1915 to 1965 we saw a full frontal attack on the Jim Crow laws by legislative initiative and court decisions. Now from 1965 to 2015 we have seen open marriage between the races, tv ads with black people in them, affirmative action allowing access to schools, and black individuals reaching the heights of government and business......yet it will take at least another 50 years for the social stigma and fear of black people to be lowered to a level which does not have the majority of white Americans fearing black people. In 2065 white people will be a minority in America. I hope we are treated fairly and our great experiment succeeds and all people are treated equally.

7Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/2/2013, 1:38 am

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:..... not. 

Poll: majority of Americans are racist. 

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/10/27/poll_finds_majority_of_americans_are_racist_prejudiced_against_blacks.html
I didn't notice that they had the results of blacks polled who were racist and prejudiced against whites.

Why do you suppose that is?

I'm curious as to the exact question asked.

If you're curious as to how prejudiced YOU are, or anyone else out there, here is the test location.  It is free and you can test yourself on a number of other prejudices as well.

You do NOT have to register if you do not wish to do so.  You can just skip that and take any of the tests free.

It’s NATURAL to discriminate and be prejudiced; almost exclusively we all grew up with people like very much like ourselves.  It is natural to trust those people more than people who are not like us.  Obviously we also pick up racist attitudes and beliefs from our parents too.  We discriminate and use prejudice every day.  There is nothing wrong with those feelings.  It is what we learn and what is in someone’s heart, and what we DO with those feelings that matters.

If you are curious about yourself, take this test.  It is NOT based on questions which you could answer the way you THINK you should.  Actually it is fun.  You can chose from a number of different tests but they only take about 15 minutes.

This web site presents a method that demonstrates the conscious-unconscious divergences much more convincingly than has been possible with previous methods. This new method is called the Implicit Association Test or IAT for short.

WARNING!

It does carry this disclaimer:

I am aware of the possibility of encountering interpretations of my IAT test performance with which I may not agree. Knowing this, I wish to proceed.

Project Implicit

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/

8Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/2/2013, 2:06 am

2seaoat

My experience with black people are they are prejudiced, however.....when you see a black child of five years of age picking a white doll as the better doll, you realize it will take at least another fifty years for folks to just get over it.......change in the way we view things is a slow process. I noticed today in my poker tournament a growing trend of white men with black girlfriends or wives. I just love it when I am playing a cash game and the black wife comes and bitches at her husband that it is time to go.....she means business, and you can tell how much they care for each other. My wife has never done that, but then again she is glad I am gone playing poker.

9Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/2/2013, 7:20 am

I just love it when I am playing a cash game and the black wife comes and bitches at her husband that it is time to go.....

LOL So being a hen pecked little sissy is a sign of affection? Who knew? Your poker playing friends wife must have wet her panties and wanted his.

10Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/2/2013, 8:57 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Racism is Dead!! .... 1467278_235839733246211_1881396928_n

11Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/2/2013, 9:06 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's true,  people are not born bigoted.  But so many become bigoted as they get older that it's probably human nature.  Not genetic.  But it comes from the living environment.
Many whites learn to hate blacks and many blacks learn to hate whites.
And it's of course not limited to race.  Many people learn to hate others only because they're different.
It's always been that way and it will probably always be that way.

A dozen people can write posts here to say why it's wrong and you will join a million others who have said why it's wrong.  And it will still continue to be part of human society.
Get used to it.

12Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/2/2013, 9:22 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Racism is Dead!! .... 1467278_235839733246211_1881396928_n
Is that guy stealing candy from that baby?

13Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/2/2013, 9:30 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Racism is Dead!! .... The-good-the-bad-and-the-cat_o_230712

14Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/2/2013, 9:52 pm

2seaoat

LOL So being a hen pecked little sissy is a sign of affection? Who knew? Your poker playing friends wife must have wet her panties and wanted his.

My problem lately is that those who are wearing panties have been kicking my butt. I ended in 8th place five weeks ago with a grandmother who had queens going all in and I had ace/king....the flop was 5/8/king...turn....jack.....river queen......I have been thinking about wearing my wife's panties when playing poker, because the ladies own me at the poker table lately. She won the tournament and had a 5k payday.......of course I would wear only manly blue panties.

15Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/2/2013, 11:33 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Get used to it.
When it's institutionalized and systematic, I refuse to "get used to it". 

16Racism is Dead!! .... Empty Re: Racism is Dead!! .... 12/3/2013, 12:35 am

cool1

cool1

I agree with Teo--No one is born racist --You teach your children to love not hate -The problem is some parents hate which turns there children into haters and being racist -This can go both ways though!!!  

Imagine All the people -Living life as one wooooo hooo hoooo----Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum