Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anti trust enforcement.....go get em North Carolina....health care pricing is rigged

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/10/06/3581271/ag-eyes-artificial-hospital-pricing.html#.UpkuziePXJY

2Anti trust enforcement.....go get em North Carolina....health care pricing is rigged Empty Thank you. 11/29/2013, 9:09 pm

2seaoat wrote:http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/10/06/3581271/ag-eyes-artificial-hospital-pricing.html#.UpkuziePXJY
If Rick Scott and the GOP-controlled Florida Legislature had not already stripping the FL insurance commissioner of the power to negotiate with insurance companies over rates, FL could be like NC. Instead, we Floridians may pay more for insurance premiums than other states.
Thanks Governor Fraud!!!!!
You shit all over our great state, again.
That is why Rick will be 'one and done.'
Crist-2014
Thanks.

2seaoat wrote:http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/10/06/3581271/ag-eyes-artificial-hospital-pricing.html#.UpkuziePXJY
did you read the article?

you can expect this from how the system is restructuring to survive obamacare.

remember....? do you remember the conversations? small goes away and BIG takes over ie less competition. sure you remember.

*but comrade, I know you want the GOV to also set the prices. I always said this plan would only work in a communistic environment. where the GOV sets all the prices and has absolute control.

1st this price setting attempt, next is the price setting attempt to other businesses.

it will be needed for the good comrade.

btw, they are only picking on them because they got smart and large and have a good portion of the market share. They havnt done anything illegal. they just restructured to survive.

2seaoat

anti trust enforcement will go after price fixing........ata boy to AGs who do their job. So a communist is somebody who believes the free market system should be fair.........brilliant......did you tutor PK.

2seaoat wrote:anti trust enforcement will go after price fixing........ata boy to AGs who do their job.   So a communist is somebody who believes the free market system should be fair.........brilliant......did you tutor PK.
Youre confused as always. when your little red coat gets up in a bunch in your ass you start concocting little fairy tales.

this system did what any smart system would do, it absorbed the surrounding smaller practices and now has market share. with more market share it can get a better price for its services from the insurance companies. Medicare and Medicaid pay a flat fee anyway, this doesn't effect them. the GOV already dictates what it will pay every year with ITS VERY OWN FEE SCHEDULE.

^^^^ perhaps you understand that,perhaps no... oh well

2seaoat

fraud is fraud.......get a clue.

2seaoat wrote:fraud is fraud.......get a clue.
you get a clue. now your making up a fairly tale. there is no fraud here. other than you trying to act like you know something about this subject.

I explained what occurs when market share grows. this is the NORMAL process and the way it works.

just because now the GoV is running the show, the ins co's want to run to nanny daddy gov about the evil hospitals getting so big and their market share is growing which means their fees can be higher. you understand that don't you little business man?

did you not get this from the article?

Consolidation in North Carolina health care is being driven by an evolving regulatory and market environment, one that demands higher quality and lower costs,” the hospital association said in a statement. “These two goals can be achieved only through [b]economies of scale and greater efficiency among providers

^^^ you do understand what they mean right?

anyway, im not going to baby spoon feed you. this is cut and dry. you don't know what your talking about and the other guy is just another communist who wants to fix prices for private businesses.

This is not about market share.It's about cost shifting. The big hospital wants to jack up the costs to one provider and lower the price for another while the patient has no idea what a procedure costs because there are no set prices. It's friggin greediness all over again.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

“I’m concerned about this issue,” Cooper told the Observer. “Health care costs are high enough without artificial boosts that could come from lack of competition.”

Funny how some of you are the same who squeal like stuck pigs when a Walmart plans to move in and shut out the little guy.

please let me explain something. I am trying to be very clear here. this is the way this works ok.

the last few years since aca many private physician groups have gone to work for the hospitals. Because in a private office setting you can not charge the same as a hospital and the fees were cut and groups were going out of business. the plan is out here to "consolidate". Yes, as I have said many times over, to survive in this healthcare environment youre either going to become BIG or gone. You guys created this environment. deal with it.

Now here's the other side of this. When companies grow BIG they obviously have more of the market share. And when making contracts with insurance companies the more market share you have, the more leverage you have at getting a good contract for reimbursement rom the insurance company.

so what everyone is screaming about here is your mad that the hospital and physician groups came up with a plan to survive obamacare and now that they are a bigger group who can demand a better fee from private ins, your mad?

We told you so. Razz 

No, this is about greediness and trying to circumvent reasonable health care costs.There is no reason why an appendectomy should cost more for one provider than another. This is the problem we have in this country regarding health care. No matter how you go about it trying to get more money and overpricing health care is what Obamacare is about too. We have allowed this to go on for too long and it needs to stop. Replacing the words "marketshare" w/ overpricing results in the same thing. When you allow stuff like this to happen the people get screwed.

Dreamsglore wrote:No, this is about greediness and trying to circumvent reasonable health care costs.There is no reason why an appendectomy should cost more for one provider than another. This is the problem we have in this country regarding health care. No matter how you go about it trying to get more money and overpricing health care is what Obamacare is about too. We have allowed this to go on for too long and it needs to stop. Replacing the words "marketshare" w/ overpricing results in the same thing. When you allow stuff like this to happen the people get screwed.
see it anyway you want. but healthare systems have ALWAYS been able to garner a better payment if they have more of the market share. you commies didn't think of everything. LOL

let me explain to you what market share is. it means they service more people. The more people who you service in an area means the insurance companies want to do business with you. so now that obamacare is creating larger organizations, this should have been expected.

btw... if you read the article you would know their fees are within the range of surrounding hospitals. the ins companies are just mad and want the gov to intervene.

but lets go ahead and get to the bottom of all this. because we all really know what you want.

you want the people working at the hospitals to make less money. You want a profession that requires some of the most educated among us to take a pay cut so you can get your free shit.

and what I want is a 50% tax on football tickets, movie theater tickets and all art. you know things that are NOT LIFE saving should be taxed to death first. Cool 

Serving more people does not equal getting more money per person. I don't know where you go that twisted notion that is ok? If you service more people then you make more money anyway. I don't give a flip how much money healthcare people make but their salary should be commensurate w/ actual costs of the service not some outrageous amount they're not entitled to.

Dreamsglore wrote:Serving more people does not equal getting more money per person. I don't know where you go that twisted notion that is ok? If you service more people then you make more money anyway. I don't give a flip how much money healthcare people make but their salary should be commensurate w/ actual costs of the service not some outrageous amount they're not entitled to.
sure it does. Your product in this case health services is more valuable.

Im amused at how all of a sudden your sympathetic to the private insurance industry LOL

I'm not sympathetic to the private insurance industry. I'm sympathetic to what it costs me and what I have to pay as coinsurance. If a hospital overcharges for a procedure I have to pay a percentage of that,Einstein.

did you guys see this companies net profit? seriously it was 300 million.

please tell me what other businesses this large and important has a smaller profit margin? capital to purchase equipment has to come out of that profit. building new buildings, medical equipment doesn't have a very long life span. it is considered outdated if it goes past 5 years of service.

truth is like I said. you guys just want the health care industry to lower the pay for ALL of its employees, because just tapping the few at the top will not make a difference.

You want taxes? Ill give you taxes. lets tax the entertainment industry out of a job first. they kill people, we save people. wheres your priorities?

Dreamsglore wrote:I'm not sympathetic to the private insurance industry. I'm sympathetic to what it costs me and what I have to pay as coinsurance. If a hospital overcharges for a procedure  I have to pay a percentage of that,Einstein.
oh stop your bitchin welfare woman. Youre getting your tax payer paid subsidy.

what do you want? you want the hospitals to go out of business? LOL

who has a bigger profit margin, hospitals or private insurance?

Chrissy wrote:did you guys see this companies net profit? seriously it was 300 million.

please tell me what other businesses this large and important has a smaller profit margin? capital to purchase equipment has to come out of that profit. building new buildings, medical equipment doesn't have a very long life span. it is considered outdated if it goes past 5 years of service.

truth is like I said. you guys just want the health care industry to lower the pay for ALL of its employees, because just tapping the few at the top will not make a difference.

You want taxes? Ill give you taxes. lets tax the entertainment industry out of a job first. they kill people, we save people. wheres your priorities?
You are not the smartest person in arguing this. I can see that but you really need to know what you are talking about. Net profit is what they get after they pay all their bills. Learn the difference between net and gross profit. Jesus!

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I'm not sympathetic to the private insurance industry. I'm sympathetic to what it costs me and what I have to pay as coinsurance. If a hospital overcharges for a procedure  I have to pay a percentage of that,Einstein.
oh stop your bitchin welfare woman. Youre getting your tax payer paid subsidy.

what do you want? you want the hospitals to go out of business? LOL

who has a bigger profit margin, hospitals or private insurance?
This is what you get when you argue w/ an idiot. I know better but sometimes you hope they get a clue.Not happening here.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:did you guys see this companies net profit? seriously it was 300 million.

You are not the smartest person in arguing this. I can see that but you really need to know what you are talking about. Net profit is what they get after they pay all their bills. Learn the difference between net and gross profit. Jesus!
Rolling Eyes 

Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Rolling Eyes 
I know right? How stupid can you be?

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Rolling Eyes 
I know right? How stupid can you be?
Rolling Eyes 

2seaoat

I am now convinced that the medical field must have dropped IQ points in the modern era. Perhaps the best and brightest have migrated to computer technology and we are now suffering from the lower grade of personnel. It might explain a great deal, but it certainly explains much on this forum.

2seaoat wrote:I am now convinced that the medical field must have dropped IQ points in the modern era.  Perhaps the best and brightest have migrated to computer technology and we are now suffering from the lower grade of personnel.   It might explain a great deal, but it certainly explains much on this forum.
all I see is you insulting me now instead of debating facts.

your personal insults to me mean nothing.

you simply do not understand this subject or the other one on health.

Im not interested in your insults. so carry on

2seaoat

You lack even cursory knowledge in the health care debate, and I could be very mean but I have never done that with you. Either research and learn something, or please quit spewing misinformation under the guise that through osmosis you have learned something working in healthcare. Sitting on a book does not mean you have read that book.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum