Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alabama or Auburn..........

+6
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
talknstang
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/1/2013, 3:58 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Joanimaroni wrote:Glad you saw the games Ghost....just sit back and relax. I'll do the team screaming.
Thanks Joani, I could not scream now if my life depended on it. But there was a plethora of good football games on TV yesterday and last night. Glad I could enjoy them at home instead of in a room at West Florida Hospital.

52Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/1/2013, 4:14 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

Sal wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Does anyone here think that Auburn can overtake OSU if OSU beats MSU and Auburn beats Mizz in their respective conference championship game. 
 Nope. 

But, I don't think OSU will get by MSU. 

Hope you get your strength back soon, Ghost. 
Osu defense was non existent yesterday against wth?? Michigan. Even if they get past Mich St, if AU beats number 5 Mizzou, by strength of schedule AU should jump OSU....

53Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/1/2013, 4:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Glad you saw the games Ghost....just sit back and relax. I'll do the team screaming.
Thanks Joani, I could not scream now if my life depended on it. But there was a plethora of good football games on TV yesterday and last night. Glad I could enjoy them at home instead of in a room at West Florida Hospital.
Absolutely!

54Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty 10 million 12/1/2013, 4:17 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

10 m is on the table for Saban to go to Texas....he s leaving Bama anyway...

55Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Any guesses 12/1/2013, 4:31 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

However if OSU and AU lose Alabama is back in lol

56Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/1/2013, 4:33 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

surfnrg wrote:
Sal wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Does anyone here think that Auburn can overtake OSU if OSU beats MSU and Auburn beats Mizz in their respective conference championship game. 
 Nope. 

But, I don't think OSU will get by MSU. 

Hope you get your strength back soon, Ghost. 
Osu defense was non existent yesterday against wth?? Michigan. Even if they get past Mich St, if AU beats number 5 Mizzou, by strength of schedule AU should jump OSU....
Surf, I think that SOS has been removed as a factor for determining the BCS rankings. The Harris Interactive Poll, the USA Today Coaches Poll and the computer rankings -- shall be added together and averaged for a team's ranking in the BCS standings. The team with the highest average shall rank first in the BCS standings, with the SOS playing a minute part in the selection process.

57Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/1/2013, 4:34 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

surfnrg wrote:10 m is on the table for Saban to go to Texas....he s leaving Bama anyway...
Saban's wife would adamantly disagree with you...........Very Happy 

58Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/1/2013, 4:37 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

U r correct!

I cannot see OSU playing FSU i really hope they lose to Mich St which as you said is actually pretty likely

59Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/1/2013, 4:40 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

Ghost Rider wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Where is Ghost?  There is no way if he was healthy he was not watching that game.  I hope he is ok, because for him to not comment on the game does not bode well.
I am present and accounted for 2SO. Just been feeling kinda drained the last few days since I was released from the hospital. Thanks for thinking of me.

I did watch the games. First FSU/Florida, then Alabama/Auburn and finally A&M/Mizz. As for the Alabama/Auburn game, the last second field goal attempt was a high school football mistake. Even when I played football in high school ions ago, it was a given that all field goal attempts be covered. Besides, Bama had just come from a time out and it should have been discussed during that time. NO EXCUSES for that sort of play. Now don't get me wrong, I am not defending Bama, just pointing out a stupid mistake that cost them the ball game, as well as an SEC Championship and another BCS Championship.

After all is said and done, Congratulations to the Auburn Tigers, yall deserve it and yall must have a guardian angel looking over you for the last 2 games.

Does anyone here think that Auburn can overtake OSU if OSU beats MSU and Auburn beats Mizz in their respective conference championship game. It would make a fantastic BCS championship game if FSU beats Duke and Auburn overtakes OSU.

The latest BCS polls are usually released about 6PM on Sunday evening. When they release today, my predictions are #1 FSU, #2 OSU, #3 Auburn and #4 Mizz and #5 Alabama.
Not sure Mizzou will jump bama though?

60Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/1/2013, 4:52 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

surfnrg wrote:Not sure Mizzou will jump bama though?

I stand corrected. In the AP, the USA and the Harris Mizz did not jump Alabama and I'm sure that the BCS will follow suit.

61Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/1/2013, 6:00 pm

MSU has an excellent chance to beat OSU... let's hope anyway. The spartan d is the real deal... 21 pnts wins the game.

62Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/1/2013, 11:52 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

New BCS Poll out:

http://college-football.si.com/2013/12/01/florida-state-no-1-ohio-state-up-to-no-2-in-latest-bcs-rankings/

FSU now #1; OSU #2.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

63Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 12:03 am

2seaoat

First, I think that the crazy factor this next week is Duke. They actually have a very good football team. I think I heard people saying it is their best team in 40 years.

Now lets say all the the top teams win out, has any of the analyst looked to see what the computer would do?

If Duke beats Florida State and Auburn wins and Ohio State loses.....am I wrong that it is possible for a replay of the Iron Bowl?

64Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 1:05 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/failure-of-the-process-guarantees-nick-saban-will-never-digest-this-finish-113013

Nick Saban will be defined by his choices at the end of this game.

Why?  Just because he screwed up ANOTHER of your sports predictions?

65Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 1:20 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:First, I think that the crazy factor this next week is Duke.   They actually have a very good football team.   I think I heard people saying it is their best team in 40 years.  

Now lets say all the the top teams win out, has any of the analyst looked to see what the computer would do?

If Duke beats Florida State and Auburn wins and Ohio State loses.....am I wrong that it is possible for a replay of the Iron Bowl?
Come on 2seaoat, forecast Duke as beating FSU by at least a few touchdowns.  Keep your record intact!

66Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 1:25 am

2seaoat

Why? Just because he screwed up ANOTHER of your sports predictions?

Nope......I have been a lifetime Auburn fan, and I am picking Missouri with my fingers crossed....it seems to be working.

67Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 1:41 am

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Why?  Just because he screwed up ANOTHER of your sports predictions?

Nope......I have been a lifetime Auburn fan, and I am picking Missouri with my fingers crossed....it seems to be working.
True.  A little reverse psychology.  cheers

68Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 7:13 am

Almost 70 posts and 500 views on this tiny forum and plus it is National news and millions seem to be upset over a football game. LOL Gee-zus....

69Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 9:37 am

cool1

cool1

Ya gotta love the ending of this game !! I don't watch football --But the ending was a blast -kicked it right to the other player --hey they just couldn't catch Auburn player !!! Why Alabama made that kick!!---I didn't read all the posts I saw enough on face book Shocked 

70Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 10:11 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yogi is right again. It aint over till it's over.

71Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 11:18 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:First, I think that the crazy factor this next week is Duke.   They actually have a very good football team.   I think I heard people saying it is their best team in 40 years.  

On last nights ESPN BCS show, all the analysts agreed that if the teams that are playing in conference championships this weekend all win out, then the BCS standings will not change.

72Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 11:27 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:
surfnrg wrote:10 m is on the table for Saban to go to Texas....he s leaving Bama anyway...
Terry Saban rules the roost. She was house hunting in Austin. When confronted, she said they are looking for a vacation home.

Right!

73Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 11:36 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Terry Saban rules the roost. She was house hunting in Austin. When confronted, she said they are looking for a vacation home.

Right!
I agree. I have noticed that when coaches/wives say that they are staying put at their school, then they really mean just the opposite. Plus the money that Texas will be offering him has his eyeballs looking like dollar signs. Currently he is the highest paid coach in college football and by going to Texas would not ruin that reputation one bit.

74Alabama or Auburn.......... - Page 3 Empty Re: Alabama or Auburn.......... 12/2/2013, 11:49 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost Rider wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

Right!
I agree. I have noticed that when coaches/wives say that they are staying put at their school, then they really mean just the opposite. Plus the money that Texas will be offering him has his eyeballs looking like dollar signs. Currently he is the highest paid coach in college football and by going to Texas would not ruin that reputation one bit.

Alabama is the longest residence they have had....it's moving time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum