Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If we dig deep enough........

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1If we dig deep enough........ Empty If we dig deep enough........ 11/27/2013, 10:50 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Based on what some of these people have done in the past I can't help but think this way. Which one of the bocc has property here that they want to flip of make some sort of other profit from? I think of kevin white and his illegal property purchases(abuse of position)..

http://www.weartv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/navy-boulevard-scheduled-receive-facelift-38669.shtml

ESCAMBIA COUNTY -- A blighted area of town will soon be getting a makeover. County officials want to re-vamp Navy Boulevard between Warrington and Bayou Chico.

That area is the home to tons of antique shops and other businesses. However, the street facade doesn't exactly match the inside of the cute antique shops.
That's one reason that's why the corridor will be getting a makeover.
This is how residents describe the road, "It needs beautification to say the least." said Pam Aiken.

Kay Keller described it as " This is a very heavily populated area, but its just not pretty to look at."

The County Redevelopment Agency wants to make it look more like downtown. They want medians, planted trees and sidewalks. The county is in their first phase of the project. They are seeking input from businesses in the area.

"We are excited something will be done. There is so much traffic, we just need to spruce things up a little." said Kay Keller who owns Oogles Antiques.

She thinks the changes will be huge for business. She says right now, the road doesn't exactly attract customers to the area.

"It doesn't' let people know what you have to offer here. When you first drive down the boulevard, you think low income. I don't think you see the possibilities in this area."

Connie Valfour and her sister Pam Aiken agree. They both buy and sell antiques. They think the road should showcase what Pensacola has to offer.

Aiken said, "I think it would be a great idea. It needs to be more inviting to the public, it needs to be customer friendly.

The county plans to hold open forums in January, but it will be a couple of years until they start construction

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum