Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Today

+8
PBulldog2
cool1
Jake92
stormwatch89
2seaoat
boards of FL
Sal
Joanimaroni
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Today Empty Today 11/27/2013, 3:50 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dressing is being prepared.
Squash cooked and mixed for the casserole.
Crannberry salad made.
Pumpkin and Pecan pie baking.

What are you doing?

2Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 3:53 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Dressing is being prepared.
Squash cooked and mixed for the casserole.
Crannberry salad made.
Pumpkin and Pecan pie baking.

What are you doing?
Working.

But im told some preparations have started and my daughter and grandkids are coming over tonight to spend the night.

The house will be filled with the smell of yummy food cooking and giggling people. Very Happy 

WE are slow today, gonna leave early.

3Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 4:04 pm

I'm so happy for y'all. I'll just have a small turkey and generic fixings for just one daughter and a school friend that doesn't have family. But that's ok... just one of those off years. I sure love the young and old at these... but it is what it is.

4Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 4:10 pm

Sal

Sal

We were planning on going to Anna Maria and partaking in their all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving buffet on the beach.

We did that a few years ago, and it was great (and no mess to clean up afterwards).

But, then the forecast was calling for a high temp in the upper 50s with lots of wind, and that no longer sounded so appetizing.

So, the wife went out and bought a small turkey and the makings for a few of the traditional sides.

Now, they're saying a high in the mid-60s with light winds, and I'm starting to think beach again.

That turkey in the fridge may just have to wait.

5Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 4:25 pm

Not the worst thing in the world sal... xmas is coming. I think turkey is great anytime.

6Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 4:28 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I'm doing this turkey, which I do every year.

My wife is making mashed potatoes and some sort of baked macaroni and cheese. I'm also firing up the grill to do a tri-tip, corn on the cob, and broccoli.

7Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 4:31 pm

2seaoat

Play poker tonight into the wee hours, and enjoy four grandkids and family starting early Thursday......I will be glued to the Green Bay/ Detroit game cheering for Green Bay......will need to be careful for what I wish......Rogers gets back and they could win the division. The last few years I have been going easy on the thanksgiving dinner, and have left room for the left overs later. I find not being bloated from over eating to be a real plus to the enjoyment of day. I have a great deal to be thankful, and look forward to one of the grandkids snuggling and taking a nap with me as I fall asleep watching the Dallas football game in my daughter's lazy boy. I hope all have a safe and happy turkey day and find the wisdom to appreciate what is really important.

8Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 4:34 pm

2seaoat wrote:I will be glued to the Green Bay/ Detroit game cheering for Green Bay......will need to be careful for what I wish......Rogers gets back and they could win the division.
I'm already thankful for that.

9Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 4:36 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:We were planning on going to Anna Maria and partaking in their all-you-can-eat Thanksgiving buffet on the beach.

We did that a few years ago, and it was great (and no mess to clean up afterwards).

But, then the forecast was calling for a high temp in the upper 50s with lots of wind, and that no longer sounded so appetizing.

So, the wife went out and bought a small turkey and the makings for a few of the traditional sides.

Now, they're saying a high in the mid-60s with light winds, and I'm starting to think beach again.

That turkey in the fridge may just have to wait.
One daughter and family are in Fort Myers....they said it is suppose to be real cold and windy tonight.

Pkr Bum.....enjoy your daughter and her friend. You will create a memory for them.

10Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 4:51 pm

Thanks Joni... I'm not the best cook in the world... but I'll give er a go.

11Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 5:29 pm

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
One daughter and family are in Fort Myers....they said it is suppose to be real cold and windy tonight.

Yup.

We're running a 5K in the morning, and it's supposed to be 40 at race time.

Brrrrrr.

That's good running weather, but I ain't used to it.

12Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 5:51 pm

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Yup.

Brrrrrr.

I had to run three miles once... it was damned hard. I didn't train for it... but that kind of sport never appealed to me. I did become a big fan of distance running during by oldests hs track and field career. She didn't run it... but there was a kid that did that was incredible. I even talked her into running cc her senior year. I admire the discipline... it just wasn't in my dna... but I can chase a tennis (or any) ball all day long... lol.

13Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 5:56 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:
Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Yup.

Brrrrrr.

I had to run three miles once... it was damned hard. I didn't train for it... but that kind of sport never appealed to me. I did become a big fan of distance running during by oldests hs track and field career. She didn't run it... but there was a kid that did that was incredible. I even talked her into running cc her senior year. I admire the discipline... it just wasn't in my dna... but I can chase a tennis (or any) ball all day long... lol.

Yeah, running for fun is a bit of a foreign concept to me too.

After hs football two-a-days running the hills of Kentucky in the August heat, I swore I'd never run again.

But, my kid is running track, so I'm doing it to encourage him.

He can run for days.

I'll get through it, but I won't enjoy it.

lol

14Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 6:04 pm

If he runs cc and track keep us updated. My daughter got a d1 track ride... but couldn't stay healthy. I'm a big fan.

Edit: Seagoat & Joni are too.

15Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 6:13 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:If he runs cc and track keep us updated. My daughter got a d1 track ride... but couldn't stay healthy. I'm a big fan.

Edit: Seagoat & Joni are too.
He's been running the 400 and something called the 4 by 200 relay (I think). 

He and his team have been winning everything. 

It's been something of a surprise to me. 

He has kinda an unorthodox running style to my eye - a little too upright, but whatever works I guess. 

They have one more meet to go, then regionals. 

16Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 7:30 pm

Excellent... can't wait for a result.

17Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 7:40 pm

I'm lazy going to atl to eat with family

18Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 7:52 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I haven't done any running in 20 years...othet than to ref a baskethall game 10 years ago.....Use to do the 5 k's . Even ran up until I was 6 months pregnant. Now I run to the bathroom and that's about it. Dammit getting old sucks.

19Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 7:54 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:I'm doing this turkey, which I do every year.

My wife is making mashed potatoes and some sort of baked macaroni and cheese.   I'm also firing up the grill to do a tri-tip, corn on the cob, and broccoli.
Sounds good. Are you frying the turkey?

20Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 8:12 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I'm lazy going to atl to eat with family
Be safe.

21Today Empty Re: Today 11/27/2013, 8:44 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Baked some fun things for tomorrow then jumped on the treadmill in penance.

Happy Holiday, everyone!

22Today Empty Re: Today 11/28/2013, 1:07 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:
boards of FL wrote:I'm doing this turkey, which I do every year.

My wife is making mashed potatoes and some sort of baked macaroni and cheese.   I'm also firing up the grill to do a tri-tip, corn on the cob, and broccoli.
Sounds good. Are you frying the turkey?
Nope. Click on the first sentence in my post. It is a link to the turkey that I do each year.

23Today Empty Re: Today 11/28/2013, 2:44 am

Jake92

Dinner with family, then taking some to dad in Mobile.. Poker Friday night at the dog track..... Maybe Seaoat will be there..

24Today Empty Re: Today 11/28/2013, 6:16 am

cool1

cool1

well so far I fixed something I don't know what its called--Very Happy 
And I went and picked up some pies --And my husband likes to bake his upside down cake something like that and then he got mad because he tried to flip the cake out of the pan and usually it turns out ok But when he tried to get the cake out of the pan it fell totally apart while I was watching -I felt so bad for him --It fell apart really bad to crumbles so I looked at him and said that's ok --we stuck the pineapple in the right places and I took a fork and smashed all the cake down and told him its ok --now we can tell them its crumble cake Razz 

And I never made a bean casserole before and daughter wants me to make that and I looked it up and thought really--5 diff--ways , I told her lets stick with no-1    she said ok mom---I really don't think I could screw that up .

I was going to make cheese cake --then changed my mind and bought from the store !  

So today im up --The only thing really im good at is cooking Turkey -we shall see how that goes --I wish I had gone to cooking school

for the last two days I tried to make cookies threw those away--then I found a recipe for peanut butter cookies --threw those away --I cant cook at all I told my husband I will buy the darn things -killed my back just standing there trying to make the darn things--im no cook Mad

25Today Empty Re: Today 11/28/2013, 9:44 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

We had to take Home Ec when I was in school, my daughters didn't. It shows.Smile 

I'm really glad we did and am sorry that it is no longer required in public high schools.

Still, when baking just follow the recipe and it should work out.

When cooking other things, it's fun to be more creative.

All will be fine, as it's more about the time together!

Hope your day is great!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum