Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

me mostly talking to myself about comets and space stuff lol

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ison survives, against what nasa said. now what

me mostly talking to myself about comets and space stuff lol - Page 2 Ison_s10

dust remnant?

Is that the tail from bottom right to loop around towards mercury?

PkrBum wrote:Is that the tail from bottom right to loop around towards mercury?
Yes, it almost goes all across the entire screen. it pretty long. millions of miles long.

They said it died, im still following it. take a look because im not convinced it has.

me mostly talking to myself about comets and space stuff lol - Page 2 Ison_w10

in this photo you can barely still see the tail on the bottom and then you can see where its getting brighter again up at around 11 oclock top.

it seems to be close to what jpl predicted but the arc looks wider to me, and I am told the wider the arc the closer to earth it will be upon return.

It is strange. I just went through the major sites from uk aus... etc. They all say it's gone... but bloggers on those sites keep saying it's on current images. Perhaps the mass was broken up or cooked off... that might explain an orbit change too.

PkrBum wrote:It is strange. I just went through the major sites from uk aus... etc. They all say it's gone... but bloggers on those sites keep saying it's on current images. Perhaps the mass was broken up or cooked off... that might explain an orbit change too.
I suppose it could be a bunch of smaller rocks now, IM trying to keep a open mind about it.

I have to admit, today when I watch nasa live for 2 hours they made me think they were hiding something. the scientist on there clearly said that he didn't understand why they couldn't see ANYTHING on soho. and then they kept showing the same pic over and over again. people were getting pissed. Had it broken up it would have dispersed into millions/zillions f tiny particles and the way soho works is it sees by ionation of molecules. so we would have seen something even better than it just passing.

now another question I have since it still looks to be in formation and is gaining molecules back because its getting bright again is even if its loosely together, and it looks like its still together, how will that effect the trajectory of those portions. because im not sure it would get brighter after breaking up and loosing it coma. seems like to me that would enable the sun to digest it quicker once it broke up.

I don't know,i would have been done with this but the nasa crap has made me even more curious.

me mostly talking to myself about comets and space stuff lol - Page 2 Ison_610

most recent image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjmahgVR9yw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUxz5R9YQMRW5QqElbAlMqRw

I'm pretty sure it would be brighter for a period of time... just because the surface area would be greater to interact with the sun. But it would be short lived. Was there a cme or anything? The waves from those things can be massive. The sun is badass... lol.

Just read that it's a "headless tail"... Just dust and bits continuing on.

PkrBum wrote:I'm pretty sure it would be brighter for a period of time... just because the surface area would be greater to interact with the sun. But it would be short lived. Was there a cme or anything? The waves from those things can be massive. The sun is badass... lol.
agreed, the sun is a bad ass lol

I think and im know im going on and on about it, but I really think a teeny portion has survived.

Now about what you said up there in red. That's what has me puzzled. had it broken up we would have seen it on soho brighter because what you said is accurate and even the nasa guy said it, he was puzzled too. then he was gone till the last ten minutes lol

ok crazy thought lol.... you think they purposely didn't show us the break up because they bombed it?

Chrissy wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'm pretty sure it would be brighter for a period of time... just because the surface area would be greater to interact with the sun. But it would be short lived. Was there a cme or anything? The waves from those things can be massive. The sun is badass... lol.

I think and im know im going on and on about it, but I really think a teeny portion has survived.

Now about what you said up there in red. That's what has me puzzled. had it broken up we would have seen it on soho brighter because what you said is accurate and even the nasa guy said it, he was puzzled too. then he was gone till the last ten minutes lol

ok crazy thought lol.... you think they purposely didn't show us the break up because they bombed it?
No... lol. I doubt we build anything yet that could navigate that close to the sun... unless it was a fancy cannon ball.

PkrBum wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

No... lol. I doubt we build anything yet that could navigate that close to the sun... unless it was a fancy cannon ball.
\

true lol

I really wish you could have watched nasa today and see what I mean about the guy puzzled of why there was nothing on soho for like hours, then they said it was dead. there was no cme btw. I went back and double checked. I originally thought it might have just went into the sun, and was looking for cme at that point. nothing though.

im now watching stereo ahead. something really big coming up behind isons path. ill follow this for another day i guess. tongue 

Chrissy wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

\

true lol

I really wish you could have watched nasa today and see what I mean about the guy puzzled of why there was nothing on soho for like hours, then they said it was dead. there was no cme btw. I went back and double checked. I originally thought it might have just went into the sun, and was looking for cme at that point. nothing though.

im now watching stereo ahead. something really big coming up behind isons path. ill follow this for another day i guess. tongue 
Let us know if anything cool happens. My best guess about the lack of an event would be that it's like throwing a match into a forrest fire. I'll be interested in the math when they release it. The velocity and mass and gravitation are more interesting to me. It might give us some new information about the effects that go on... even magnetic. We can't send probes yet... lol.

PkrBum wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

\

true lol

I really wish you could have watched nasa today and see what I mean about the guy puzzled of why there was nothing on soho for like hours, then they said it was dead. there was no cme btw. I went back and double checked. I originally thought it might have just went into the sun, and was looking for  cme at that point. nothing though.

Let us know if anything cool happens. My best guess about the lack of an event would be that it's like throwing a match into a forrest fire. I'll be interested in the math when they release it. The velocity and mass and gravitation are more interesting to me. It might give us some new information about the effects that go on... even magnetic. We can't send probes yet... lol.
im told they are STILL following the trajectory even though they are saying its broken up.

btw, i went to look at that and i had not been following the JPL, distance etc rotation map. and you are not going to believe what they named this sob. i swear they are trying to mess with peoples minds maybe? the below is off nasa's site.

>>> Deep Impact & Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON)

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/orbits/epoxi1.html

what the hell is deep impact and comet ison now?

im a little freaked out. Neutral 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I loved that movie....classic

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I loved that movie....classic
yeah, good one.

seems deep impact is that asteroid that we shot a bomb at, nasa named that mission deep impact, go figure. im not sure why they have deep impact tracking and ison on the same diagram. care to take a stab?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

i SOMETIMES THINK THEY HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR At nasa AND LIKE TO KEEP US GUESSING....AND WORRYING..lol.

me mostly talking to myself about comets and space stuff lol - Page 2 Sophia11

I spent today at the penthouse of this high rise maybe 180 ft above the gulf ..imagine looking up at a wave coming in from this place....could happen..

TEOTWAWKI wrote:i SOMETIMES THINK THEY HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR At nasa AND LIKE TO KEEP US GUESSING....AND WORRYING..lol.

me mostly talking to myself about comets and space stuff lol - Page 2 Sophia11

I spent today at the penthouse of this high rise maybe 180 ft above the gulf ..imagine looking up at a wave coming in from this place....could happen..
That's a pretty picture. your grand daughter? Very Happy 

and yes, that thought about the wave is scary. No 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:
That's a pretty picture. your grand daughter? Very Happy 

and yes, that thought about the wave is scary. No 
Yes that is one of my Grand daughters..I got 3

http://geology.com/records/biggest-tsunami.shtml

World's Biggest Tsunami

The largest recorded tsunami was a wave 1720 feet tall in Lituya Bay, Alaska

IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Battams said it's too early to write ISON off completely.

"Right now it does appear that a least some small fraction of ISON has remained in one piece and is actively releasing material

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/comet-ison-vanishes-puff-mystery-it-goes-around-sun-2D11670914

^^^^ check the link, nasa scientist are back tracking. Smile 

and as far as the mystery, yep there are a bunch of mysteries surrounding this comet, which is why all of us are so interested in it. Cool 

and again on this..... this was what I was talking about yesterday.

"I'd like to know what happened to our half a mile of material that was going around the sun," SDO project scientist W. Dean Pesnell of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center said during Thursday's Hangout. "Now it's broken up, and I didn't see anything."

But he also acknowledged that ISON's behavior was challenging the conventional wisdom about comets — and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

"The story isn't over yet," Pesnell said, "because now we have an even bigger mystery."

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/comet-ison-vanishes-puff-mystery-it-goes-around-sun-2D11670914

I need to clarify something. I was curious as to why nasa would add deep impact to the JPL orbit diagram.

two things I found out. yes, deep impact is the name of a program where they shot a bullet like structure out in order to attach a probe.

Deep Impact was a NASA space probe launched on January 12, 2005. It was designed to study the interior composition of the comet 9P/Tempel, by releasing an impactor into the comet. At 5:52 UTC on July 4, 2005, the impactor successfully collided with the comet's nucleus. The impact excavated debris from the interior of the nucleus, allowing photographs of the impact crater. The photographs showed the comet to be more dusty and less icy than had been expected. The impact generated a large and bright dust cloud, which unexpectedly obscured the view of the impact crater.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Impact_(spacecraft)

On September 20, 2013, NASA abandoned further attempts to contact the craft.[

im guessing deep impact space craft is back to communicating?

interesting about this craft here:
http://historicspacecraft.com/Probes_Asteroid.html

so, no I wont be stopping this blog. im going to blog on it, here. tongue 

it keeps me busy, its interesting to me and maybe someone lese here is enjoying it. Its educational as well.

back to deep impact. interesting they had these together on one orbit diagram.

dead comets make asteroids. Razz 

Comet ISON may have survived sun encounter

Small fraction may remain in one piece, scientists say

The Associated Press Posted: Nov 29, 2013 4:40 AM ET| Last Updated: Nov 29, 2013 10:07 AM ET

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/comet-ison-may-have-survived-sun-encounter-1.2444764

tongue 

well seems to be very official just about all the news now have back tracked.. ha haaaa

so in December we will get to see what is left.

Cool 

nasa has the orbit set at passing by earth on dec 26th close as .42 AU

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2012S1;cad=1;orb=1;cov=0;log=0#orb

and in other news about near earth objects. I wouldn't be surprised if we get hit tonight with this one. 2013 WH25)

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2013 WH25;orb=1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum