Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thomas kincade painting

+5
Markle
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Thomas kincade painting Empty Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 3:56 pm

When I was at Baptist my employees and the docs got together one year for Christmas and bought me this kincade because they know I love him.

This picture is now worth a great deal. well maybe not a great deal but a significant amount for a picture.

http://www.thomaskinkadeonline.com/cottages-manors-estates/cobblestone-bridge-painting/

http://www.thomaskinkadegallery.com/store/index.php/cobblestone-bridge-2000.html

Thomas kincade painting Darrel10

I would never sell it because all of their names are signed on the back of it. Smile

Im not really sure if you can get a reprint or they are talking about prints. does anyone know?

2Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 4:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Beautiful Chrissy.

3Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 4:13 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I have no idea. There used to be his shops in all the malls but not so much anymore.

4Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 4:16 pm

I think I like his stuff because it has a "warm" feeling to it.

I don't know a lot about art but as it turns out, I know more than my sister LOL

5Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 4:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:I think I like his stuff because it has a "warm" feeling to it.

I don't know a lot about art but as it turns out, I know more than my sister LOL

His paintings are very soothing and appealing. My brother has a set of is paintings (4) and I love them.

6Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 5:53 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

L00k at all that CO2 coming out of those chimneys...are you all crazy ?... soothing...why someone get me the EPA.

7Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 6:42 pm

I hate to tell you but Kincaid paintings are not really worth any money. He over commercialized himself and they are a dime a dozen. You can buy one for a certain amount of money but you wouldn't get your money back if you resold it. He's got tens of thousands of those paintings out.

8Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 8:06 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:I hate to tell you but Kincaid paintings are not really worth any money. He over commercialized himself and they are a dime a dozen. You can buy one for a certain amount of money but you wouldn't get your money back if you resold it. He's got tens of thousands of those paintings out.
I like em. my sister likes em, joanies brother must like em he has 4 and it seems many other people like em.

to me thy are pretty expensive already. im not one of those snooty rich artsy tartsy collectors. just an average nobody.

9Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 8:18 pm

Sal

Sal

Reminds me of those porcelain kewpie dolls. 

They were popular too, but they're not art. 

Vintage Kincaide's prolly won't be worth as much as vintage kewpies either. 

10Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 8:19 pm

I like em too but they're not worth much. Everybody has one.

11Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 8:21 pm

Sal wrote:Reminds me of those porcelain kewpie dolls. 

Thet'ye not really worth anything at all. Kincade made his money in mass reproductions and devalued them all.

12Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/24/2013, 8:24 pm

Sal wrote:Reminds me of those porcelain kewpie dolls. 

oh well, depends on what you consider worth something. I guess for you rich folks, except dreams who is a welfare queen must think it has to be worth 220 thousand dollars or something.

I don't think its easy to paint like that. and ill take this kind of art over tossing drops at a canvas and all the other weird ass SHIT that passes for art these days.

13Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 12:01 am

Markle

Markle

Thomas Kincade mass produced his "art" and had franchises which only sold is paintings. No human could possibly do all he did and paint that many "original" paintings. Even the "originals" were only bases painted by him...maybe...and then finished by other lower level apprentices who just did one thing on each painting time after time. Like putting wheels on a car.

Kinkade's production method has been described as "a semi-industrial process in which low-level apprentices embellish a prefab base provided by Kinkade."[19] Kinkade reportedly designed and painted all of his works, which were then moved into the next stage of the process of mass-producing prints. It is assumed he had a hand in most of the original, conceptual work that he produced. However, he also employed a number of studio assistants to help create multiple prints of his famous oils. In other words, it is believed that Kinkade designed and painted all of his original paintings, but the ones collectors were likely to own were printed factory-like and touched up with manual brush strokes by someone other than Kinkade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Kinkade

14Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 8:19 am

Markle wrote:Thomas Kincade mass produced his "art" and had franchises which only sold is paintings.  No human could possibly do all he did and paint that many "original" paintings.  Even the "originals" were only bases painted by him...maybe...and then finished by other lower level apprentices who just did one thing on each painting time after time.  Like putting wheels on a car.

Kinkade's production method has been described as "a semi-industrial process in which low-level apprentices embellish a prefab base provided by Kinkade."[19] Kinkade reportedly designed and painted all of his works, which were then moved into the next stage of the process of mass-producing prints. It is assumed he had a hand in most of the original, conceptual work that he produced. However, he also employed a number of studio assistants to help create multiple prints of his famous oils. In other words, it is believed that Kinkade designed and painted all of his original paintings, but the ones collectors were likely to own were printed factory-like and touched up with manual brush strokes by someone other than Kinkade.

so he was a pioneer then. kind of like the invention of mcdonalds and fast food.

so now tell me, why are his pictures running $2,000 to $3,000 a pop for many of them now?

maybe its time we all understand that I consider a picture worth $2,000 A LOT.

15Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 8:31 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

[/quote]so he was a pioneer then. kind of like the invention of mcdonalds and fast food.

so now tell me, why are his pictures running $2,000 to $3,000  a pop for many of them now?

maybe its time we all understand that I consider a picture worth $2,000 A LOT. [/quote]

Ha, Chrissy!  That's a lot more than an ashtray I brought back from Pompeii is worth.

Like you, it just "sparked" something!

Hold onto it!  We all have our own "art".

16Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 8:34 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:L00k at all that CO2 coming out of those chimneys...are you all crazy ?... soothing...why someone get me the EPA.
That's fake CO2. It's a government false flag to convince people they need tanks and swat teams to take over those chimneys.

17Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 8:38 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:L00k at all that CO2 coming out of those chimneys...are you all crazy ?... soothing...why someone get me the EPA.
That's fake CO2.  It's a government false flag to convince people they need tanks and swat teams to take over those chimneys.
Wouldn't put it past them...slimy devils.

18Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 8:44 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But wouldn't it be a lot easier for the New World Order to just have it's minions at Monsanto poison all our food and exterminate us all by doing so?
Then they wouldn't even need FEMA concentration camps to put us all in. Those things are expensive.

19Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 8:48 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Contingency plans Bob...Billions of people are hard to get rid of and millions with guns even harder...

20Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 9:06 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Contingency plans Bob...Billions of people are hard to get rid of and millions with guns even harder...
people are easy to kill

21Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 9:09 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Contingency plans Bob...Billions of people are hard to get rid of and millions with guns even harder...
people are easy to kill
I was in a war and they tried to kill me quite often but here I is...perhaps some are die-hards.

22Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 9:33 am

Markle

Markle

Chrissy wrote:
Markle wrote:Thomas Kincade mass produced his "art" and had franchises which only sold is paintings.  No human could possibly do all he did and paint that many "original" paintings.  Even the "originals" were only bases painted by him...maybe...and then finished by other lower level apprentices who just did one thing on each painting time after time.  Like putting wheels on a car.

so he was a pioneer then. kind of like the invention of mcdonalds and fast food.

so now tell me, why are his pictures running $2,000 to $3,000  a pop for many of them now?

maybe its time we all understand that I consider a picture worth $2,000 A LOT.
Something is worth whatever someone will pay.  Some years back I think he was on 60-Minutes or something.  That's where I remembered his assembly line method of producing paintings.  There are also hundreds of thousands of his fans.  They showed some folks who had scores if not hundreds of his paintings.

I know little about art but it would seem to me that mass produced paintings aren't going to be worth much more or much less 20 or 50 years down the road.  Seems that if you like it, can afford it, buy it and put it where you'll enjoy it.  But I seriously doubt it will become an investment since thousands of other people have the same thing.

I've never bought anything on E-Bay but they had scores of them for $500.00 to $1,000.00 with copies made in China for $20.00 and $50.00. In someone's house, I doubt many could tell the difference. That will drop the monetary value of them too.

I saw one of an old four masted schooner for a Disney Movie I liked. If I had a place for it I'd probably buy one. But I wouldn't pay $2,000 or $3,000.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2051337.m570.l1311.R3.TR10.TRC0.A0&_nkw=thomas+kinkade+paintings&_sacat=0&_from=R40

23Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 10:34 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I love Kincade's work, too. sunny 

24Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 12:03 pm

In Crome you can right click on a image and then use Image search to look for images...just a quick search show some thing very close..You might could find a print. Looks like I found the same link Mr Marle Posted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Christmas-Christmas-Thomas-Kinkade-canvas-original-oil-painting-Prints-24-x36-/261322770119

Thomas kincade painting $(KGrHqJ,!o4FJ,yttYnIBSeQVNBr(!~~60_3

25Thomas kincade painting Empty Re: Thomas kincade painting 11/25/2013, 12:08 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thomas kincade painting Chemtr10

Those are obviously chemtrails.

http://www.illuminatiagenda.com/the-illuminati-and-chemtrails/

After Kincaid revealed those chemtrails, my guess is he was probably rubbed out for it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum