Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thanks Obama..electricity costs hit record high !...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/price-electricity-hit-record-october-42-decade

Obama quotes: "[I]f somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It's just that it will bankrupt them," and electricity rates will "necessarily skyrocket"

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Now wait a minute here.........

Coal-fired power plants are going the way of the dinosaur in the United States.

Reason #1 Shale Gas. The U.S. is so awash in cheap natural gas and has such large reserves of shale gas that gas is rapidly replacing coal for power generation. It is not just because of environmental concerns. Its the other kind of green-money-that is driving this trend.

Reason #2 Solar-Crossover. This is when the generation of electricity from solar sources becomes cheaper than generation of electricity from any fossil fuel. I just read an article on this yesterday. Some say it will occur in 2016, others say by 2020.

Reason #3 Distributed Generation. This is actually going to put utilities as we know it (i.e., Gulf Power) out of business--their business models will have to change to survive. With distributed generation, everyone who has rooftop solar will be generating much of their own power, and even selling excess power back to the utility. Big centralized power generators will have to adjust their business models or wither. Once grid-level storage is realized (getting closer on this capability) excess daytime solar generation will be stored for night-time use, and this will also foster big changes in the power industry.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I love how progressives think the only way to progress is to slash and burn the old ways which have carried us thus far. Also what the hell are we going to use for money to build this glorious new world of high tech power ? In case you haven't noticed our tax base is dropping like a stone due to there being no jobs and we are bleeding out every hole....No this is going to backfire BIG time..prepare to pay and pay till it hurts...it's just another way to bilk us fools by taking away away any working options....how's that Solyndra working out..LOL.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

When the flagship sinks

The solar company Solyndra was supposed to be America's green energy flagship. Recipients of a $1.5 billion government loan guarantee, (the first company of its kind to get such a deal), Solyndra was to return the taxpayers' investment in the form of solar panels that were cleaner and more efficient than the ones coming out of China.

But China is cornering that market, and while Solyndra was spending money to expand its operation, Chinese companies were lowering their prices. Almost as soon as Solyndra completed its second plant, they were forced to shut down the first one. Now the company has filed for bankruptcy, all employees have been laid off, and the government won't be getting its money back.

2seaoat

It helps if you know what you are talking about

http://blog.timesunion.com/business/new-yorks-electricity-prices-reach-historic-lows/56045/

Sorry natural gas and wind have been dropping historic trends in electric pricing. Since this January article the prices of electricity have risen but in terms of a historic trend.......sorry you are missing the boat entirely.....I do not even think you understand the changes which are taking place and how much more efficient the peaker natural gas plants are than coal fired plants. It is cute in your ignorance you blame the President, but there is nothing new here....ignorance begets ignorance.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am sorry, but Solyndra was an aberation. The Frightwing likes to harp on this as a failure of the technology and the industry as a whole, but it wasn't that at all.

Disruptive solar technologies are going to move electricity from solar to the front burner within a couple of decades. I am not going to repeat things I have typed here 2-3 times before.

Google "Spray-on Solar." Google "Absolute-Black Solar." Google "Dow Powerhouse Solar Shingles." I have written about all of these before here.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am sorry, but Solyndra was an aberation. The Frightwing likes to harp on this as a failure of the technology and the industry as a whole, but it wasn't that at all.

Disruptive solar technologies are going to move electricity from solar to the front burner within a couple of decades. I am not going to repeat things I have typed here 2-3 times before.

Google "Spray-on Solar." Google "Absolute-Black Solar." Google "Dow Powerhouse Solar Shingles." I have written about all of these before here.

Solyndra was an aberration? You're quite a hoot! Who are we purchasing solar panels and equipment from?

Yes, we've been reading and hearing these things for years and all that has happened is that it is now just a "few more years away".

Meanwhile, China is building solar, wind and at least one ultra clean, sophisticated coal burning power plant per month.  They have more nuclear plants under construction and in the planning stage than the rest of the world combined.

Lower and middle income households are dealing with lower mean income and higher utility rates and now higher health insurance rates.  I don't know if low and middle income households can take much more help from President Barack Hussein Obama do you?

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:It helps if you know what you are talking about

http://blog.timesunion.com/business/new-yorks-electricity-prices-reach-historic-lows/56045/

Sorry natural gas and wind have been dropping historic trends in electric pricing.  Since this January article the prices of electricity have risen but in terms of a historic trend.......sorry you are missing the boat entirely.....I do not even think you understand the changes which are taking place and how much more efficient the peaker natural gas plants are than coal fired plants.  It is cute in your ignorance you blame the President, but there is nothing new here....ignorance begets ignorance.
This thread is about the NATIONAL AVERAGE, you're talking one small area.  Are you familiar with the word AVERAGE?

It is cute in your ignorance that you think President Barack Hussein Obama is being blamed. This thread simply points out one of the very few, maybe the only, promise President Obama has kept. THAT is new!

Sorry you are missing the boat entirely.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304791704579214491038174438

2seaoat

Again, understand what you are talking about. Record supplies of natural gas have tumbled the historical levels of electricity prices. The supplies of natural gas yet to be tapped represent almost 300 years of capacity, and at the rate of growth in wind generation and its cost effectiveness the costly coal burners are being shut down.

2seaoat wrote:Again, understand what you are talking about.  Record supplies of natural gas have tumbled the historical levels of electricity prices.   The supplies of natural gas  yet to be tapped represent almost 300 years of capacity, and at the rate of growth in wind generation and its cost effectiveness the costly coal burners are being shut down.
I see you are ignoring the facts put before you.

it doesn't change it.

42% avg increase.
No 

There are a few obama campaign promises that were kept... yea team.

PkrBum wrote:There are a few obama campaign promises that were kept... yea team.
yep

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I am sorry, but Solyndra was an aberation. The Frightwing likes to harp on this as a failure of the technology and the industry as a whole, but it wasn't that at all.

Solyndra was an aberration?  You're quite a hoot!  Who are we purchasing solar panels and equipment from?

Yes, we've been reading and hearing these things for years and all that has happened is that it is now just a "few more years away".

Meanwhile, China is building solar, wind and at least one ultra clean, sophisticated coal burning power plant per month. They have more nuclear plants under construction and in the planning stage than the rest of the world combined.

Lower and middle income households are dealing with lower mean income and higher utility rates and now higher health insurance rates.  I don't know if low and middle income households can take much more help from President Barack Hussein Obama do you?
I call 'bullshit' on that. There is no such thing as a "clean, sophisticated coal burning power plant." I am not picking on coal here, just pointing out your BS.

Your 'expertise" in energy is only based on your opinions. You definitely do not study energy issues in any depth, that is for sure.

Here is what burning coal is doing to the Beijing skyline:

Thanks Obama..electricity costs hit record high !... _65253310_zmiv221o

So much for your analysis, LOL!

2seaoat

The records reference is from historic lows in electric pricing. The ideas that a President is going to be responsible for the historic low electrical prices or the increases in the same is a hoot. A simple rubber boot which revolutionized fracking and productivity in Natural gas production are responsible for the low electric costs over the last two years, and with the wind turbines being installed geometrically with the installation of Peaker NG plants the highly inefficient coal burners are being shut down.....but please enjoy your mercury with your shellfish taken out of Escambia Bay, and keep supporting dirty and polluting technology when we have an abundance of clean NG and growing renewable energy resources. Ignorance can be corrected.........read.....give it a try.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum