Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Interview with Maureen Padden Commanding Officer Naval Hospital Pensacola

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.weartv.com/news/features/raw-news/stories/interview-captain-maureen-padden-commanding-officer-naval-hospital-pensacola-173.shtml

Mr Ichi wrote:http://www.weartv.com/news/features/raw-news/stories/interview-captain-maureen-padden-commanding-officer-naval-hospital-pensacola-173.shtml
hmmm closing the ICU and the ER.

How will that effect the retired vets in the area?

I think she said it will not effect primary care.  Her comments toward the end of the interview was interesting to me.

Mr Ichi wrote:I think she said it will not effect primary care.  Her comments toward the end of the interview was interesting to me.
she said they were considering closing the ER and making it just a urgent care and said they were going to close the ICU.

Im not familiar with military of the choices of when they go to another facility for medical services. But the little I know from trying to get my son to go when he came back with lung nodules, I believe it is a cost to them.

can you clarify that?

Not really.  I am in the VA medical system. The place here in Pensacola is just a advanced clinic of sorts. Any thing major and you are sent to Biloxi.  I know a Nurse who works a the Naval Hospital and she said I could use the emergency room.  I dont think they have a trauma section.  I have not personally used it.  I am lucky as the only heath issues I have is my eyes.  A lot of people bitch about the VA but they have been good to me.  Has your son looked into the VA health system?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum