Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The best take on race I've ever encountered.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We were watching a classic early episode of The Andy Griffth Show tonight.
To give you an idea of how early,  Ronny Howard (Opie) must have been about 6 years old.  

Anyway,  my friend says he recognizes a character actor in this episode.
And after racking his brain,  he says "that's the actor who was in that tv series with Stepin Fetchit".  
So we google up the series and it's some black and white tv sitcom made in 54 and 56.  I was amazed that since he's the same age as me and was either 5 or 6 years old at the time,  that he remembers this shit.
But anyway,  I said "do you mean Stepin Fetchit was in the cast of this tv show?"  And he says yes goddamnit (like that).

To make a long story short,  we got our answer and no it was not the real Stepin Fetchit in this tv show.  But just another copycat like so many others.

And that brings me to my take on race.  Which is the life of Stephin Fetchit.

from now on I defer to other people's words. But in order for you to absorb this, you have to, one, read this whole page, and two, be able to picture Stepin Fetchit in your mind.
If you can't do that last part, then google up one of Fetchit's movie scenes on youtube.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stepin_Fetchit

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum