Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RATE SHOCK: Obamacare causing 539% increase in health insurance costs for Texans

+6
Nekochan
dumpcare
2seaoat
polecat
cool1
TEOTWAWKI
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.naturalnews.com/042703_Obamacare_rate_shock_health_insurance_costs.html

As the letter reveals (see below), the cost for this couple's policy under Humana is increasing from $212.10 per month to $1,356.60 per month. This is for a couple in good health whose combined income is less than $70K -- a middle-class family, in other words.

cool1

cool1

Terrible what he has done to these people .

polecat

polecat

Good!
I say make it 600%

2seaoat

Good!
I say make it 600%

People want medicaid payments to be reduced and government spending on health care to be reduced, yet when policies will actually cover health care costs and not have the dime on the taxpayer, we are crying because people have to pay for the coverage.

If a person with the health insurance Bob described, had a major lung or open heart surgery, and the bill was 300k of which they only paid 50k which is happening hundreds of times every day under the inadequate and basically fraudulent polices, ultimately the hospital or the taxpayer takes the hit. Or incrementally the costs are shifted to the insured and we get the double digit inflation in health care costs.

Please look at the website and how they make their money. It is just this poison and lies which continue to attack government and challenge our democratically elected representatives with what alternative? First, tell us what the first policy covered and second tell us what the new policy covers? If you are going to post lies and deception, do not expect concessions to the same. Yes, the president should have let Americans with inadequate insurance where hospitals, taxpayers, and insured people were picking up their deadbeat balance that in order to attack the rise in health care costs, folks must have a minimum policy just like it is required to have a minimum liability policy to drive a car. To post an article and say that a person liability coverage is only $1,000 and the state of Florida mandated coverage to $25,000, and then to only say the percentage of increase of the policy without going through the policy comparison is simply more of the same bias that makes democratically elected government out as evil. There is evil in the air for sure.

That's a fraudulent article typical of what Teo posts.

dumpcare

Nope, that is a correct article. Just spoke with the agent's client who received that in Texas, he has a copy of the letter that he copied and pasted (without their names) on an insurance forum.

Nekochan

Nekochan

We're only starting to find out how bad this will be for a number of people.  I'm sure it's going to be a good deal for some, but it's going to be a bad deal for many others.

dumpcare

My bitch for years has been why make everyone on a group pay for maternity, but there wasn't anything I could do and now everyone on an individual plan will pay for maternity whether 25 yrs old or 63, unlimited mental health and low or no copays for drugs on certain chronic conditions.

2seaoat

How can it be correct without a comparison of the two policies? Without context the implication is that the person is getting rate increases without substantive changes in the policy. Substantive changes in policies to be in compliance are different than unfettered rate increase for the same insurance product.

2seaoat

What do you recommend for underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage to your clients?

dumpcare

Nekochan wrote:We're only starting to find out how bad this will be for a number of people.  I'm sure it's going to be a good deal for some, but it's going to be a bad deal for many others.
Oh yea, I did a calculation on a 62 yr old woman yesterday, her subsidy determination was $1100 per month, I almost fell out of my chair because the most and best plan for her was $987.00. So it will be very cheap for some and very costly for other's. My wife's case will lower her premium now from $563 to around $300. For some reason the state's who did not expand medicaid seem to receiving the least or no subsidy's. Must be in the calculations and they are not separated out from the state's who did.

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:What do you recommend for underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage to your clients?
Who me? I don't sell it.

2seaoat

Who me? I don't sell it.

Thanks anyway. I am trying to find a two million dollar carrier, and I was able to find Ohio Casulty for a million, but like health insurance there are a great many people driving who have no insurance and standard policies just do not cut it.

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:How can it be correct without a comparison of the two policies?  Without context the implication is that the person is getting rate increases without substantive changes in the policy.  Substantive changes in policies to be in compliance are different than unfettered rate increase for the same insurance product.
Well yes the new's never tells the whole story, they are receiving lot's of benefit's that some do not need. It should be that the essential benefits are rider's and let people pick and choose what they want and are willing to pay for and no one can add anything to the policy until the annual open enrollment.

Oh, no doubt they are not comparing apple's to apple's. Just like the woman from Florida that is suppose to be on three different new's programs on fox tonight. I know what she has and it's not worth the piece of paper it's written on. No comparison of her present policy to what they want to migrate her to.

2seaoat

You are correct....the states without acceptance of the medicaid are going to skew the costs.....in two years people will figure out the angles and we will have a transparent market......then the competition will be introduced with a public option around 2016, and before Hillary leaves the White house medicare for all......

Sal

Sal

ppaca wrote:
Just like the woman from Florida that is suppose to be on three different new's programs on fox tonight. I know what she has and it's not worth the piece of paper it's written on. 
Yes. 

She's currently paying $58 a month to cover the first $50 of her bills.

Jebus Christ, people are fucking stupid.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

cool1 wrote:Terrible what he has done to these people .
C'mon . . . they're Texans!

VectorMan

VectorMan

As many expected. This shit is blowing up right in Obama's face. Good!

He's nothing but a low life asshole. I imagine he learned that early on. Self centered scumbag.

ppaca wrote:Nope, that is a correct article. Just spoke with the agent's client who received that in Texas, he has a copy of the letter that he copied and pasted (without their names) on an insurance forum.
This is w/o a subsidy? I don't believe this info. is correct.

2seaoat wrote:How can it be correct without a comparison of the two policies?  Without context the implication is that the person is getting rate increases without substantive changes in the policy.  Substantive changes in policies to be in compliance are different than unfettered rate increase for the same insurance product.
It's not correct. I don't believe it. They are paying more than 10% of their income.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Just like the woman from Florida that is suppose to be on three different new's programs on fox tonight. I know what she has and it's not worth the piece of paper it's written on. 
Yes. 

She's currently paying $58 a month to cover the first $50 of her bills.

Jebus Christ, people are fucking stupid.
That would be anyone who believed the lies President Barack Hussein Obama and voted for him. Some who voted for him knew the truth and loved that even better than the lies.

Hope and prayers that America can recover.

If not, there is no other nation to stand for freedom and liberty.

This is a Humana Policy not Obamacare. The couple can go on Obamacare and get a much cheaper price.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:This is a Humana Policy not Obamacare. The couple can go on Obamacare and get a much cheaper price.
ObamaCare is a pool of PRIVATE INSURANCE companies. Humana probably is one of the companies.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
ppaca wrote:Nope, that is a correct article. Just spoke with the agent's client who received that in Texas, he has a copy of the letter that he copied and pasted (without their names) on an insurance forum.
Where does the subsidy come from?

dumpcare

Dreamsglore wrote:
True that probably is without a subsidy taken into account, but maybe they didn't qualify for a subsidy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum