Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Military Humor

+2
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Military Humor  Empty Military Humor 10/24/2013, 10:20 am

Military Humor  998926_10153127592150074_362137752_n
Military Humor  559719_10153132484800074_972805614_n
Military Humor  1000748_10153044527645074_1009265470_n
Military Humor  546785_10153035385400074_1673395929_n

2Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 10:27 am

Not funny...............lol
Military Humor  1377581_666628700027671_1852146261_n

3Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 10:31 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:Not funny...............lol
Military Humor  1377581_666628700027671_1852146261_n
Aw man are you going to catch it for posting that joke...but it's really funny...LOL.

4Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 10:55 am

Military Humor  1379552_10151963360748606_808405055_n

5Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 11:16 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Love the Chief!

6Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 11:43 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The troops used to talk about us officers, but put 'em in our shoes for a day, and they would change their tune.

It was fun to sneak them into the copilot's seat and let them try to fly for a minute or two. Most immediately started to lose airspeed and altitude, and you could see a cold sweat start breaking out on their faces.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

7Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 12:01 pm

Just funing.  Most of the  officers in Ops were great guys.  They saved my ass more than once.  I had much more trouble with retarded NCOs.  Just some funny photos.  No harm intended.
Once I got stranded in southern Japan and a Navy officer/pilot let me fly with them back up north.  They let me ride up front and showed me all the sights.  They even went out of their way to get me to where I needed to be.

Military Humor  2ib2gkn
They even let me take a pic of Mount Fuji.  Way cool.  Great guys.
Military Humor  6pmi3n
Damn Old pictures sure can bring back a lot of memories. I have been very lucky.

8Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 12:55 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Hubby says that's a C-1 Greyhound.  

**On Edit:  Not Greyhound, Trader.  It's a C-1 Trader. 

LOVE Mt. Fuji!   And I miss seeing it in the winter time.  From where we lived, you can rarely see it in the summer. But winter brings clearer skies.

9Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 1:05 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Mr Ichi wrote:Just funing.  Most of the  officers in Ops were great guys.  They saved my ass more than once.  I had much more trouble with retarded NCOs.  Just some funny photos.  No harm intended.
Once I got stranded in southern Japan and a Navy officer/pilot let me fly with them back up north.  They let me ride up front and showed me all the sights.  They even went out of their way to get me to where I needed to be.

Military Humor  2ib2gkn
They even let me take a pic of Mount Fuji.  Way cool.  Great guys.
Military Humor  6pmi3n
Damn Old pictures sure can bring back a lot of memories.  I have been very lucky.
Oh, I know you were funning, Hallmark  Razz

10Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 1:10 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hey, that is Mount Fuji off the right wiing of that aircraft. In 1979, myself and a crew flew a CH-53D from Okinawa to NAS Atsugi. When we were 50 miles out from Atsugi, we could see Mount Fuji very clearly, and I just put the map aside. I don't know if it was legal to do this, but we climbed up to 12,000 feet and circled the summit of the mountain before going in for landing at Atsugi.

11Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 1:16 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

About Helen Keller.....her birthplace is in Tuscumbia, AL.  It's where Ann Sullivan worked with Helen as a child.  The family home still stands, as does the  Cottage where Helen was "sent" to be taught by Ann.  Actually, the Cottage is only yards from the main house, but Helen was unaware of this when she was taken there by Ann.  The well is also right there on the grounds.   The home and grounds are well worth a stop if you're in that part of northern Alabama. 

http://www.helenkellerbirthplace.org/

12Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 1:18 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Hey, that is Mount Fuji off the right wiing of that aircraft. In 1979, myself and a crew flew a CH-53D from Okinawa to NAS Atsugi. When we were 50 miles out from Atsugi, we could see Mount Fuji very clearly, and I just put the map aside. I don't know if it was legal to do this, but we climbed up to 12,000 feet and circled the summit of the mountain before going in for landing at Atsugi.
We were at NAF Atsugi.  

I don't know what's legal but I do know that most of the squadrons at Atsugi have pictures of their aircraft flying over and/or around Fuji.

13Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 1:27 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nekochan wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Hey, that is Mount Fuji off the right wiing of that aircraft. In 1979, myself and a crew flew a CH-53D from Okinawa to NAS Atsugi. When we were 50 miles out from Atsugi, we could see Mount Fuji very clearly, and I just put the map aside. I don't know if it was legal to do this, but we climbed up to 12,000 feet and circled the summit of the mountain before going in for landing at Atsugi.
We were at NAF Atsugi.  

I don't know what's legal but I do know that most of the squadrons at Atsugi have pictures of their aircraft flying over and/or around Fuji.
I did have my Kodak Instamatic with me, and I do recall snapping some photos of Mount Fuji when we were a few miles out. I would post one, but I don't have any of them scanned.....

14Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 1:29 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
We were at NAF Atsugi.  

I did have my Kodak Instamatic with me, and I do recall snapping some photos of Mount Fuji when we were a few miles out. I would post one, but I don't have any of them scanned.....
Would love to see one if you ever get around to scanning it.

15Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 1:39 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Atsugi was a WW2 Japanese air base. 

Did you know--NAF Atsugi is where General MacArthur first flew into Japan at the end of the war.  Also, there were a group of Japanese pilots at Atsugi who refused to surrender, for a number of days, at the end of the war.  There is a series of tunnels, built by the Japanese during the war, under the base.  Of course, those are closed off now.   But the Japanese were expert tunnel builders. Wherever there is an old WW2 era Japanese base, I would guess that there are tunnels underneath.    

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/events/wwii-pac/japansur/js-6k.htm

16Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 1:43 pm

I was stranded in Fukuoka.  The hop that I was planning on burned a inverter and a new one had to be flown in.   I was just hanging out trying to find away back to Tachi.  Then these Navy guys come in and see me just standing around looking dumb(not had to do).  The Pilot walks over and asked where I am going.  I tell him  and he says the chief is securing the plane and when he finishes I am welcome to join them,if I have a uniform, I was in civvies.  So, I get dressed and they take me to supper at the "O" Club. The club managment  was not very happy to see a E-4 with no unit patch dining with them. but the Navy guys told them to stuff it.  Then I told them I was from Pensacola and the stories started to flow. I bunked in the NCO billets(again the management was not too happy) but the Chief told them I was his guest. LOL
the next day we took off and they had me fill out a passenger manifest.  Big ass fourm with just me on it.  They gave me a copy and all was good.  They let come up front and it seems I rode a console or jump seat type of thing. Dont remember exactly.  As we flew along they were not supposed to land at Tachi but they could do a practice touch and go.  Could I get out while the plane was still moving?  They would let me out on the edge of the tarmac.  I said sure thing.  So touched down and moved to the edge of the run way, the Chief oped the door and I jumped out on the grass.  He threw my bags after me and they moved back on the tarmac to take off.  There I was, a lone troop standing on the edge of the runway.  I gathered my stuff up and walked to the terminal.  Everyone was staring like hell at me..Just as I got to the main area, the Navy guys flew over and I waved and they wiggled the wings.  It was surreal.  I walked in and handed the folks my paper work and the Flight manifest.  The guy  liked to crapped his self. "You the only one?"  LOL  Then they noticed I was Army Security Agency traveling with no patches or unit brass. No more questions.   LOL  I felt like James Bond not just a E-4 trying to get to Korea.  One of the highlights of my life.  I will never forget their kindness to a Army guy stranded on the road looking for a break.

17Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 1:50 pm

Sal

Sal

Mr Ichi wrote:I was stranded in Fukuoka.  The hop that I was planning on burned a inverter and a new one had to be flown in.   I was just hanging out trying to find away back to Tachi.  Then these Navy guys come in and see me just standing around looking dumb(not had to do).  The Pilot walks over and asked where I am going.  I tell him  and he says the chief is securing the plane and when he finishes I am welcome to join them,if I have a uniform, I was in civvies.  So, I get dressed and they take me to supper at the "O" Club. The club managment  was not very happy to see a E-4 with no unit patch dining with them. but the Navy guys told them to stuff it.  Then I told them I was from Pensacola and the stories started to flow. I bunked in the NCO billets(again the management was not too happy) but the Chief told them I was his guest. LOL
the next day we took off and they had me fill out a passenger manifest.  Big ass fourm with just me on it.  They gave me a copy and all was good.  They let come up front and it seems I rode a console or jump seat type of thing. Dont remember exactly.  As we flew along they were not supposed to land at Tachi but they could do a practice touch and go.  Could I get out while the plane was still moving?  They would let me out on the edge of the tarmac.  I said sure thing.  So touched down and moved to the edge of the run way, the Chief oped the door and I jumped out on the grass.  He threw my bags after me and they moved back on the tarmac to take off.  There I was, a lone troop standing on the edge of the runway.  I gathered my stuff up and walked to the terminal.  Everyone was staring like hell at me..Just as I got to the main area, the Navy guys flew over and I waved and they wiggled the wings.  It was surreal.  I walked in and handed the folks my paper work and the Flight manifest.  The guy  liked to crapped his self. "You the only one?"  LOL  Then they noticed I was Army Security Agency traveling with no patches or unit brass. No more questions.   LOL  I felt like James Bond not just a E-4 trying to get to Korea.  One of the highlights of my life.  I will never forget their kindness to a Army guy stranded on the road looking for a break.

Now, that's one hell of a story.

Thanks, for sharing.

18Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 2:03 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

That is a great story. 

You know, when you're thousands of miles away from home, it's great to run into someone who you have familiar or similar ties with...for you and those Navy guys, it was Pensacola.  And of course, you all being Americans and in the military and so far from home.  Back then...Japan was really far, far from home.

19Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 8:11 pm

Jake92

Ichi, my brother was ASA doing teletype for Westmoreland in Nam..

20Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 8:46 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thanks for sharing.

21Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 8:48 pm

Small World.    Time marches on.  We are all old men now, talking shit about the past.  My main focus was working the Russians.  The big boggy man of the day.  Later on I worked the North Koreans.  Interesting site if you chose to look at it.  http://www.koreanwar.org/html/dmz_war.html

22Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 9:06 pm

Jake92

He also spent time at Sinop?? Turkey

23Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 9:24 pm

Unlucky for him....bad place from what I have heard...  I never made it Sinop.  Not much fun there. Was he a career soldier? Do you remember his Mos?  Maybe a 059?

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 10/24/2013, 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

24Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 9:34 pm

itchi, that's a awesome story. I just have to say. you should have known it was going to happen. you were in fuc u ok Razz 

25Military Humor  Empty Re: Military Humor 10/24/2013, 9:43 pm

Chrissy wrote:itchi, that's a awesome story. I just have to say. you should have known it was going to happen. you were in fuc u ok Razz 
Yes That is why I went all the way down there. But alas, Fukuoka does not mean what I thought it did. I should have been looking for the town of O-manko. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum