Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My take on Ted Cruz

+5
Markle
VectorMan
Floridatexan
Sal
Hospital Bob
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My take on Ted Cruz Empty My take on Ted Cruz 10/23/2013, 9:55 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You won't understand what this has to do with Ted Cruz. So look at it and then I'll explain it.

My take on Ted Cruz ?ui=2&ik=81fc29aa54&view=att&th=141e752f64689759&attid=0.1

My take on Ted Cruz ?ui=2&ik=81fc29aa54&view=att&th=141e752f64689759&attid=0.1

The whole mainstream media, even Morning Joe and that usually allows the other side to be heard, has put a muzzle on Ted Cruz by turning him into a national whipping boy. And since Rove opposed him, even Fox News has stopped giving Cruz a voice.

He's a Harvard graduate who has a helluva background story leading him all the way to the U.S. Senate.
He had the guts to buck the status quo. And you may have been brainwashed to believe that makes him an asshole who needs to be shouted down. And that's why those two cartoons are relevant to this.
You may think you want a government which can no longer be challenged by anyone. But you won't like what you get if that happens.

Yes maybe some of you are right, and Obamacare will prove to be a better health care system than the existing racket that just fleeced me out of $20k. But it could easily prove to be even worse.

2My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/23/2013, 10:08 pm

Agreed... I don't support him. I don't think he's qualified... not yet. But we should've learned from obama that words don't matter... nobody certainly voted for him strictly on his half engaged record... obama said whatever got him elected.

3My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/23/2013, 10:26 pm

He reminds me of Bill Murray in some way.

4My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/23/2013, 10:29 pm

Sal

Sal

I think he's the best thing to happen to U.S. government since Newt Gingrich. 

5My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/23/2013, 10:43 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Your cartoons didn't show up for me, Bob. I don't know quite why you're defending this jerk...he's nothing more than that. This is the second thread where you're trying to defend him...why is that?

6My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/23/2013, 11:59 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

I like Ted Cruz. One of the few that did what he said he'd do if elected. And! he got elected! Stood up for what he believed and what his supporters believed. I don't give a damn what the liberal media has demonized him as.

People are waking up all over American and Obama can shove his fundamental changing of American where the sun don't shine. Fucking arrogant asshole!

Oh wait. Am I being racist if I don't like the slack jawed little bastard? LOL

Who plays their little race card first? LOL

7My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 1:07 am

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:I think he's the best thing to happen to U.S. government since Newt Gingrich. 
Good for you! Newt Gingrich, then Speaker of the House, led to the Contract with America. That brought us the hugely successful Welfare Reform Act of 1996. President William Jefferson Clinton vetoed the act twice, the third time he signed the legislation when there was an obvious veto in congress. That led to millions of people going back to work, coming off the welfare rolls and going onto the tax rolls. It also restored the spirit and soul of these same people.

Costs were also cut which led to the so called budget surplus during the last three years of his administration.

As you know, the wasted stimulus plan of President Barack Hussein Obama reversed many of the advances made in the 1996 Welfare Act and has helped lead to out skyrocketing unemployed and debt.

8My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 11:04 am

polecat

polecat

I like BHO. One of the few that did what he said he'd do if elected. And! he got elected! Stood up for what he believed and what his supporters believed. I don't give a damn what the conservative media has demonized him as.

People are waking up all over American and ted cruz can shove his fundamental changing of American where the sun don't shine. Fucking arrogant asshole!

Oh wait. Am I being racist if I don't like the nutsinmouthteabagger little bastard? LOL

Who plays their little race card first? LOL

9My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 11:11 am

LOL! Great post!

10My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 11:14 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think the political climate in the country was just summed up by the posts of markel and polecat.
One sees one side of the wrastlin match as the messiah and the other as satan. And the other side sees it as vice versa. And never the twain shall meet. lol

The problem is that both sides are now spewing so much spin and partisanship that anyone interested in the actual truth of these issues is shit outta luck. The spin and propaganda coming from both sides is just overwhelming everything else.

11My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 11:53 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:I think the political climate in the country was just summed up by the posts of markel and polecat.
One sees one side of the wrastlin match as the messiah and the other as satan.  And the other side sees it as vice versa.  And never the twain shall meet.  lol

The problem is that both sides are now spewing so much spin and partisanship that anyone interested in the actual truth of these issues is shit outta luck.  The spin and propaganda coming from both sides is just overwhelming everything else.

The proof will be in the pudding after November of 2014. Right now voters are mad at Congress, and especially mad at Republicans in Congress. How John Boehner approaches the end of the temporary measures come January and February of next year will be very important. He will need to decide if he wants to stand fast at all costs or live to fight again.

If the DNC was smart, they would look for a charismatic Democrat with high popularity fromm our home turf to challenge Jeff Miller next November. Miller is defeatable if the right person were to run against him.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

12My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 12:05 pm

2seaoat

Newt Gingrich is brilliant. Yes, he has made mistakes. Yes, some of his ideas are wrong, but the ones which are right are simply brilliant and good for America. I heard him last night talking with Tom Hartman about rewarding young kids in poverty with structured programs outside the schools for reading books and having discussions about those books.....paying the kids dollars for books read. Newt Gingrich cares about America. Ted Cruz is simply a fascist. There are smart fascist. He is smart.

13My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 1:08 pm

2seaoat wrote:Newt Gingrich is brilliant. Yes, he has made mistakes. Yes, some of his ideas are wrong, but the ones which are right are simply brilliant and good for America. I heard him last night talking with Tom Hartman about rewarding young kids in poverty with structured programs outside the schools for reading books and having discussions about those books.....paying the kids dollars for books read. Newt Gingrich cares about America. Ted Cruz is simply a fascist. There are smart fascist. He is smart.
It's funny when statists denounce fascism... it shows a complete lack of ideological and historical understanding.

Hell... it even means you have no grasp of contemporary events/policies or their results. Wake up poindexter.

14My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 1:16 pm

2seaoat

Contrary to your rudimentary understanding of political nomenclature, the fascist do not have to be operating the state government mechanism as a dependent condition on the definition of the word.

15My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 4:22 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
[color=#333399]The proof will be in the pudding after November of 2014.
Well that might be the proof of which political party wins the wrastlin match.

But the proof of whether or not Obamacare is an improvement over what we had before Obamacare will come with an assessment of it after it's been in place for a while.

16My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 4:28 pm

Bob wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

But the proof of whether or not Obamacare is an improvement over what we had before Obamacare will come with an assessment of it after it's been in place for a while.

You would be wrong if you think that the results will affect the people that support central govt planning of everything.

It's a faith that every religion should envy... because even tangible proof such as a result can be ignored out of hand.

17My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 4:34 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:I think he's the best thing to happen to U.S. government since Newt Gingrich. 
Good for you!  Newt Gingrich, then Speaker of the House, led to the Contract with America.  That brought us the hugely successful Welfare Reform Act of 1996.  President William Jefferson Clinton vetoed the act twice, the third time he signed the legislation when there was an obvious veto in congress.  That led to millions of people going back to work, coming off the welfare rolls and going onto the tax rolls.  It also restored the spirit and soul of these same people.

Costs were also cut which led to the so called budget surplus during the last three years of his administration.

As you know, the wasted stimulus plan of President Barack Hussein Obama reversed many of the advances made in the 1996 Welfare Act and has helped lead to out skyrocketing unemployed and debt.
Herr Markle's favorite political party brought us the sparkling government by C-Plus Augustus Bush. His favorite party is against abortion, contraception, science, the elderly, the poor, Latinos, Black Americans, Asians, any form of equality, women, raising the minimum wage, governmental healthcare, and free lunches for children in poverty. Some Amerika!!

18My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 4:36 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:Newt Gingrich is brilliant.  Yes, he has made mistakes.  Yes, some of his ideas are wrong, but the ones which are right are simply brilliant and good for America.  I heard him last night talking with Tom Hartman about rewarding young kids in poverty with structured programs outside the schools for reading books and having discussions about those books.....paying the kids dollars for books read.  Newt Gingrich cares about America.   Ted Cruz is simply a fascist.   There are smart fascist.  He is smart.
"Ted Cruz is simply a fascist."   Thanks Seaoat, that's a brilliant understatement!

Last edited by Wordslinger on 10/24/2013, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Whimsy)

19My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 4:42 pm

Be honest... which ideology does this definition most closely resemble?

Main Entry: fas·cism Pronunciation: \ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi-\Function: noun

Etymology: Italian fascismo, from fascio bundle, fasces, group, from Latin fascis bundle & fasces fasces Date: 1921

1 : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized government headed by a leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control.

20My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 5:05 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

You would be wrong if you think that the results will affect the people that support central govt planning of everything.

It's a faith that every religion should envy... because even tangible proof such as a result can be ignored out of hand.
Then what you're telling me is that we will never have any way to measure whether or obamacare will be an improvement or not.
If that's the case our whole country is nothing but a joke.

21My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 6:18 pm

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Then what you're telling me is that we will never have any way to measure whether or obamacare will be an improvement or not.
If that's the case our whole country is nothing but a joke.
First of all... what you would be comparing it to would be the highly regulated animal that included direct govt involvement.

Not even close to a free market product. The joke is that people won't consider the big picture or results. Sheeple.

Control is effective ownership.

22My take on Ted Cruz Empty Re: My take on Ted Cruz 10/24/2013, 11:46 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:
First of all... what you would be comparing it to would be the highly regulated animal that included direct govt involvement.
Well I'm the dumbest son of a bitch who ever discussed this topic. All I have any knowledge of is those $20,000 worth of bills that are being sent to me from an insurance company after it negotiated $29,000 worth of bills sent to it from medical providers.
So you help educate me.

How exactly did government regulations dictate that sacred heart hospital and the other providers charged $29,000 for this procedure?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum