Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Silver Springs State Park

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Silver Springs State Park Empty Silver Springs State Park 10/22/2013, 8:06 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

I know that many of you have been to Silver Springs over the years.  Last month, it became a State Park.  It's now part of the Silver River State Park. We stayed in a cabin at Silver River State Park back in April.  It's an absolutely beautiful area.  I had read that Silver Springs was in decline so we didn't go to that park in April (which was still privately operated at that time).

I am a conservative who is very much in favor of preserving the natural beauty of Florida and we have some truly beautiful state parks here in Florida. Next time you're in central Florida, think about checking this place out. 

http://www.floridarambler.com/florida-canoeing-kayaking-paddling/kayak-silver-springs-state-park/

2Silver Springs State Park Empty Re: Silver Springs State Park 10/22/2013, 9:31 am

cool1

cool1

The swampy pic---looks like the bayous in Lousy--anna-----Cool 

Those pics are nice !

3Silver Springs State Park Empty Re: Silver Springs State Park 10/22/2013, 9:35 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have been several times. Of course that was years ago. The gardens were beautiful.

4Silver Springs State Park Empty Re: Silver Springs State Park 10/22/2013, 9:53 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's been about 15 years since I was there...that is, actually in Silver Springs, the park.   The Silver River State Park we were at in April borders Silver Springs and it's all part of the same park now.  The cabins at the Silver River area of the park are nice.  No TVs, no amusement park atmosphere there....you are just surrounded by Florida's nature.  But the cabins are comfortable.  When we left Silver River, we headed to Orlando where we spent a couple of nights in a vacation condo and visited Winter Park and went to Epcot. Silver River--Orlando are only about an hour apart from each other but they are like night and day. Most tourists to our state do not realize how beautiful Florida really is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum