Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now that their latest tantrum was a loser, what next for the T Party cult?

+5
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
Nekochan
cool1
Wordslinger
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

How about mass self-immolation? No doubt Ted Cruz would toss the lighted match! LOL

You'll have to ask Jake and Cool after their tea bags have dried out.

cool1

cool1

Dreamsglore wrote:You'll have to ask Jake and Cool after their tea bags have dried out.

Rolling Eyes -----------Razz

Nekochan

Nekochan

cool1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:You'll have to ask Jake and Cool after their tea bags have dried out.
I love your placement of emoticons!

For those who hate the Tea Party..which of these core beliefs (I copied from their website) do you oppose?

1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.
3. A strong military is essential.
4. Special interests must be eliminated.
5. Gun ownership is sacred.
6. Government must be downsized.
7. The national budget must be balanced.
8. Deficit spending must end.
9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.
10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.
11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.
12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.
13. Intrusive government must be stopped.
14. English as our core language is required.
15. Traditional family values are encouraged.

knothead

knothead

Nekochan wrote:
cool1 wrote:

For those who hate the Tea Party..which of these core beliefs (I copied from their website) do you oppose?

All are simple statements of position(s) absent the other necessary information to formulate good policy, therefore, I oppose all of these overly simplified talking points as presented. Everything must include context.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nekochan wrote:
cool1 wrote:

Nice points, but much of it is not doable in the current political climate. You cannot have low taxes and a big military. At least not the kind of military fostered by the American MIC, which is the kind the Tea Party wants. You can have a balanced budget with low taxes and no deficit spending only if you slash government spending from all points of the compass. That includes gutting social programs, slashing military spendiing, and slashing all special-interest spending by the government.

Sounds like the Tea Party movement is all about Ron Paul's agenda, which the GOP never gave any support to. This is because the GOP is really about keeping the sides of Big Government it loves, while only slashing the Democratic side of Big Government.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
cool1 wrote:

Nice points, but much of it is not doable in the current political climate. You cannot have low taxes and a big military. At least not the kind of military fostered by the American MIC, which is the kind the Tea Party wants. You can have a balanced budget with low taxes and no deficit spending only if you slash government spending from all points of the compass. That includes gutting social programs, slashing military spendiing, and slashing all special-interest spending by the government.

Sounds like the Tea Party movement is all about Ron Paul's agenda, which the GOP never gave any support to. This is because the GOP is really about keeping the sides of Big Government it loves, while only slashing the Democratic side of Big Government.

Great point Z . . . . . .

Nekochan

Nekochan

But on these points...why are Tea Party people called a cult, fanatics, nuts, etc?

knothead

knothead

Nekochan wrote:But on these points...why are Tea Party people called a cult, fanatics, nuts, etc?

Uh because they lack the ability of rational coherent thought?

They demagogue issues and like the platform you listed from their site, without context none of it can be considered as serious policy. Just a guess . .

Nekochan

Nekochan

knothead wrote:
Nekochan wrote:But on these points...why are Tea Party people called a cult, fanatics, nuts, etc?

They demagogue issues and like the platform you listed from their site, without context none of it can be considered as serious policy. Just a guess . .
Doesn't sound much like a cult to me.

Sal

Sal

I guess it's kinda a cult.

It's a bunch of useful idiots being bamboozled politically by corporatists like the Koch Bros, and Dick Armey, and Big Tobacco, instead of spiritually by charlatans like David Koresh, or Jim Jones, or L. Ron Hubbard.

Sal wrote:I guess it's kinda a cult.

It's a bunch of useful idiots being bamboozled politically by corporatists like the Koch Bros, and Dick Armey, and Big Tobacco, instead of spiritually by charlatans like David Koresh, or Jim Jones, or L. Ron Hubbard.
And then the opposite of that would be the George Soros (I'M a NAZI and PROUD OF IT) clan, correct? Big money from Bill Gates, all big business donates and plays both sides against one another too....oh and led by nutcase celebrities like Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Susan (IM MOVING IF BUSH WINS A SECOND TERM) Sarandon, Sean (LOVE ALL ENEMIES OF THE US)Penn etc.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Nekochan wrote:Doesn't sound much like a cult to me.
Really?  So, no matter what....cut taxes.  No matter what....never deficit spend.  Basically, disregard any relevant information that you may have about current times...throw all that out...and just consult these tenets.  No need to assess current tax levels, the revenues that they bring in, expenses, etc....ignore all of that and throw out any critical thought and actual problem solving skills.  Nope, just consult #10.  #10 is always relevant.  #10 is always the correct policy.  No amount of convincing, nothing that I can see, hear, or experience can ever shake my resolve in #10.

Oh, and gun ownership is "sacred"!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:

Excellent analogy, Knothead. They also go after the issues in irrational fashion, such as Ted Cruz filibustering the Senate for 21 hours (reading "Green Eggs and Ham" on CSPAN--that should be good enough to render him permanently into irrelevance...) because he could find no relevant way to counter the PPACA.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Doesn't sound much like a cult to me.
Really?  So, no matter what....cut taxes.  No matter what....never deficit spend.  Basically, disregard any relevant information that you may have about current times...throw all that out...and just consult these tenets.  No need to assess current tax levels, the revenues that they bring in, expenses, etc....ignore all of that and throw out any critical thought and actual problem solving skills.  Nope, just consult #10.  #10 is always relevant.  #10 is always the correct policy.  No amount of convincing, nothing that I can see, hear, or experience can ever shake my resolve in #10.

Oh, and gun ownership is "sacred"!
Knot made the point that they're not very organized in their thinking.  Doesn't sound much like a cult.  

I don't think that a majority of Americans would find those points listed as being extreme or cultist.

It's just a very old political tactic. The only people that believe it are the useful idiots repeating it.

The right did the same to the occupy thing... tho I admit it was much easier.

This might come as a big shock to some here... but there was a reason the federal govt was controlled by a constitution.

cool1

cool1

Tea party is ordinary Folk----But they like to pick -now they are saying they are the KKK------Razz

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Have you ever seen video of Ted Cruz speaking? Hell, he's the new Jim Jones! What's clear about the Tea Party is they're total racists (see their signs and graphics), and idiots (keep yo' govamnt hands offa my medicare!).

According to Webster, a Cult is: formal religious veneration (watch T-baggers cheer Sarah Palin or Mr. Cruz), a religious system or it's adherents (we're the REAL Americans . . ). A group of person showing such devotion (let's get OUR country back and send Obama back to Kenya . . ." LOL

Yes, the tea party is just everyday ordinary morons which this country is full of.

20Now that their latest tantrum was a loser, what next for the T Party cult? Empty verbage 10/22/2013, 11:56 pm

My guess it is the ignorantly ludicrous and totally moronic things that so called 'tea party' people have said and done in the recent past.
It is just a guess.
Thanks for asking.

cool1 wrote:Tea party is ordinary Folk----But they like to pick -now they are saying they are the KKK------Razz
Insecure liberals

[quote="Dreamsglore"]Yes, the tea party is just everyday ordinary morons which this country is full of.[/quote

...and ordinary morons would extend to yourself

2seaoat

They will try to convince us that the Affordable Care Act is a failure....they could not stop it....so just change reality.

Dreamsglore wrote:Yes, the tea party is just everyday ordinary morons which this country is full of.
no, those people the morons are in the democrat party.Razz 

It's sad that people who propose any limits on govt in this country are now thght to be moronic or radical.

There should never be a surprise or resistance as govt encroaches more and more into control of our lives.

Healthcare should be something we can measure my point by. Simply socializing it won't ultimately solve the expense or sustainability... there will be progressive controls that dictate the real drivers of poor health. Diet, habits, prohibitions... etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum