Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare will be a success thanks to republicans!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sanjay-sanghoee/obamacare-will-be-a-succe_b_4029462.html

non-credible source....as usual

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:non-credible source....as usual
"Credible" sources PaceDog has in the past cited from:

The Blaze Rolling Eyes 

American Thinker Rolling Eyes 

The Weekly Standard Rolling Eyes 

Just about any Frightwing extremist news sight, which is all he ever reads.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

dumpcare

Well I think you all know I am on both sides of the fence on this one. I think the success depends on too many variable's no one has foreseen. I think this is great for people who were once uninsurable for one reason or another. If it is going to work across the nation then the state's who did not accept the Medicaid money are going to have to do a turn around. Too many people especially in this area who are falling between the crack's, no subsidy, no medicaid, so they are right back where they started. It's need's quite a bit of work.

Now on to Medical device tax and pkr please reply.

Spoke with someone who is a manufacturer of medical device's in another state the other day. While they said this tax has hurt them a little and is passed on all the way down the line that they have figured that 3 years into it, when ever the tax started, they will have recouped everything they paid in taxes. What do you think?

ppaca wrote:Well I think you all know I am on both sides of the fence on this one. I think the success depends on too many variable's no one has foreseen. I think this is great for people who were once uninsurable for one reason or another. If it is going to work across the nation then the state's who did not accept the Medicaid money are going to have to do a turn around. Too many people especially in this area who are falling between the crack's, no subsidy, no medicaid, so they are right back where they started. It's need's quite a bit of work.

Spoke with someone who is a manufacturer of medical device's in another state the other day. While they said this tax has hurt them a little and is passed on all the way down the line that they have figured that 3 years into it, when ever the tax started, they will have recouped everything they paid in taxes. What do you think?
prker can certainly reply but I will tell you I meet regularly with people in this field such as Leica, Dako, etc, its a hell...................

It's a 2000+ page boondoggle that we are still finding out things about it

ppaca wrote:Well I think you all know I am on both sides of the fence on this one. I think the success depends on too many variable's no one has foreseen. I think this is great for people who were once uninsurable for one reason or another. If it is going to work across the nation then the state's who did not accept the Medicaid money are going to have to do a turn around. Too many people especially in this area who are falling between the crack's, no subsidy, no medicaid, so they are right back where they started. It's need's quite a bit of work.

I mostly agree... but don't think we see the full effect yet. It'll be just another cost that manufacturers will pass on. What the excise tax will accomplish that I see is that the large corps will have the volume to maintain a margin... but smaller dme providers will find it prohibitive. Pretty much the collusion we've become accustomed to... and what I feared in 2009 that prompted my exit from the industry.

dumpcare

Thanks for replying pkr. I thought the manufacturer would be completely left out in the cold down the road. I can see being upset when they're really floating this and expecting the return in 3,4 or 5 years and without any interest.

dumpcare

Chrissy wrote:

prker can certainly reply but I will tell you I meet regularly with people in this field such as Leica, Dako, etc, its a hell...................

Last edited by ppaca on 10/20/2013, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not appropriate)

dumpcare

PACEDOG#1 wrote:It's a 2000+ page boondoggle that we are still finding out things about it
Yep, it's now around 32,000 pages. Sebelius made sure of that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum