Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Damn it!!!

+7
Sal
cool1
PBulldog2
Jake92
talknstang
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Damn it!!! Empty Damn it!!! 10/16/2013, 10:22 pm

A little while ago a little girl from across the street knocks on my door.  She asks. "Mister could you help us?"  So I go outside and some ass hole has run over their cat and has just left with out even slowing down.  The pet is dying but I can not bear to tell them.  So I take the cat and tell them i will do what I can. Which is nothing as the cat dies in my arms as I am taking him into my shop.  I buried him and made a little cross and brought it back to them and told them he is in a better place.  Damn it.. Somethings really really suck.
Damn it!!! 14ikklt

2Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/16/2013, 10:25 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Oh no.  I'm sorry. Sad

3Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/16/2013, 10:26 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very sad. You are a good man.....I think I have said that before.

4Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/16/2013, 11:43 pm

talknstang

a very touching story indeed. you're a good man!

5Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/17/2013, 3:34 am

Jake92

Ichi..... In July, a mommy cat had 4 kittins close to my front door.. I fed mommy a few times a day until she moved the babies when I was gone for 9 days.. She has been coming back for the last few weeks, and yesterday 2 of the babies came with her.. I am sure they would have a much better life with your neighbor than they will where they are.. The woman who owns the mommy has at least 15 cats that run wild and are always hunting or looking for food between having more litters of kittins.. I am able to pet and pick up the mommy and have picked up 2 of the little ones so far.. I'll be happy to catch one to give to your neighbor if they want one.. 1 is pure black with not a speck of other color.. The others are mixed grey, black, and white.. Let me know if anybody wants a little kittin or the mommy..

6Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/17/2013, 7:11 am

Crying or Very sad 

That sucks!

That was very nice of you to take care of the dirty details though. Where were the parents? Because I might be a little upset that you buried my cat in your yard instead of mine. no offense, just saying I like to burry my pets in my yard so I can morn them.

7Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/17/2013, 8:03 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ichi-San IS a man with a big heart! Thank you so much for your kindness on behalf of your neighbor's child.

It sounds like Jake has a plan - wouldn't it be beautiful, Ichi, if you could suddenly "find" a new kitten for the family? :-)

8Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/17/2013, 8:25 am

Chrissy wrote:Crying or Very sad 

That sucks!

That was very nice of you to take care of the dirty details though. Where were the parents? Because I might be a little upset that you buried my cat in your yard instead of mine. no offense, just saying I like to burry my pets in my yard so I can morn them.  

I thought about that.  But they just rent and have not been here very long.  If they move they will still know where their pet is buried and are welcome to drop by.  To be honest I really did not want to get involved.  It was the best I could do considering the circumstances.  

The people really drive fast and recklesss down our street.  This the 3rd pet in a couple of weeks to be killed.  The only reason I took the photo is that I am going to send it to my commissioner and the Sheriff and ask again for some type of traffic enforcement for the street. When we post to this site, goggle bots log it into the web and you can Google up the post if you use a somewhat unusual title.  As it stands now, they is no traffic enforcement.  The next time it might be a child.  We have had close calls before................Their Mother was there with them and also  asked me to help.

9Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/17/2013, 8:30 am

Mr Ichi wrote:
Chrissy wrote:Crying or Very sad 

That sucks!

I thought about that.  But they just rent and have not been here very long.  If they move they will still know where there pet is buried and are welcome to drop by.  To be honest I really did not want to get involved.  It was the best I could do considering the circumstances.  

The people really drive fast and recklesss down our street.  this the 3rd pet in a couple of weeks to be killed.  The only reason I took the photo is that I am going to send it to my commissioner and the Sheriff and ask again for some type of traffic enforcement for the street.  As it stands now, they is no traffic enforcement.  The next time it might be a child.  We have had close calls before................Their Mother was there with them and also  asked me to help.
well just so you and I are clear. I still think what you did was honorable.

Hopefully the parents don't really care. and thank you for saving them the trouble and heartache.

maybe jake can bring one of those kittens over for the kids like PB was suggesting to replace the deceased cat.

3 dead animals in a couple of weeks is a lot. btw... need more and higher speed bumps.

as I recall I used to have to stop for those ducks around the sunset bridge all the time. by the time I left ididnt see them much anymore, I wrote that off to the oil spill though. are they still there?

I have to go soon, hope yall have a good day.

10Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/17/2013, 8:53 am

cool1

cool1

another sad story poor kids

11Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/17/2013, 8:55 am

cool1 wrote:another sad story poor kids
They will be ok Might be a good lesson to keep them away from the street. Sounds harsh but it is the truth.

12Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/17/2013, 10:45 am

Jake92

I found 2 dead ones one day a few years ago.. I'm in a developement close to an intersecting street that gets used a lot by people on the way home or wherever they are going after the bars close.. My mailbox has been destroyed twice so far.. One driver was found around the corner, off the road with my mailbox under his pickup.. The state police gave me a copy of the report.. I call the drivers insurance co and was told it was cancelled by the owner of the car.. I called the trooper and he never had the common courtesy to return my call.. There are also 2 county sheriffs who live in my developement.. They will NOT handle anything except felony crimes in the area they live in to keep from being looked at as bad neighbors.. They also are told NOT to interfere in petty neighbor vs neighbor disputes..

13Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/17/2013, 11:45 am

Sal

Sal

Jake92 wrote:They also are told NOT to interfere in petty neighbor vs neighbor disputes..
So you won't get busted for peeping into your neighbor's windows.

Good for you, ...

... I guess.

14Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 10:00 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This one was in the street at the end of my driveway this morning.
He/she was a neighborhood cat which I know was killing rats
around my storage buildings. So now the rat population will grow.

Cars and animals (and that includes the animals known as human pedestrians) do not mix well. I would NEVER walk close to the curb on a busy street. All it takes is some idiot sending a text while he or she is driving. Just a fraction of a second of lost concentration on the part of a driver can end the life of a dog or a cat or a human. Others may want to put that much trust in the average driver, but not me.

Damn it!!! Cat10

15Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 10:59 am

cool1

cool1

So true ---people get ran over all the time here in Pensacola cyclops 

16Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 11:01 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:This one was in the street at the end of my driveway this morning.
He/she was a neighborhood cat which I know was killing rats
around my storage buildings.  So now the rat population will grow.

Cars and animals (and that includes the animals known as human pedestrians) do not mix well.  I would NEVER walk close to the curb on a busy street.  All it takes is some idiot sending a text while he or she is driving.   Just a fraction of a second of lost concentration on the part of a driver can end the life of a dog or a cat or a human.  Others may want to put that much trust in the average driver,  but not me.

Damn it!!! Cat10

Bob you turkey you know that's a possum...

17Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 11:43 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You won't believe this (because I wouldn't if I was you either), but I took that picture from a distance because I can't stomach seeing a mangled animal up close. And I assumed it was the neighborhood cat. But you're right that does look like a possum's tail (I didn't even notice that in the picture until you made me look closer).
The mailbox is not far from it. When I get the mail about noon I'll go back out there and get a closer look. At least I may do that but as I said, I can't get too close. I just have a thing about viewing mangled bodies (of any kind).

18Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 11:46 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay I think I can do this without getting sick to my stomach and throwing up. I'll walk out there now and keep the camera close to my face so I don't have to see anything except what's in the viewfinder display and I'll take a closeup of it. But when I post that closeup picture you'll have to look at it to tell me if it's a cat or a possum. I can't even look at a closeup picture without throwing up.
Be back in a minute and will post the closeup.

19Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 11:50 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hurry Bob.

20Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 11:51 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

LOL, Bob.  I don't like looking closely at mangled road kill either. 

We have Kamikaze squirrels in this neighborhood.  They'll run out in front of your car to the other side of the street and then just when you think they've crossed the street and are safe, they turn around and run back across the street in the other direction just as you're putting your foot on the gas to speed up.  It leads to lots of dead squirrels. 

I think that cats rarely get hit by cars though.   Most cats are smart enough not to run out in front of cars.    Ichi-san's neighbor's cat must have not been feeling up to speed or something. No

21Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 11:56 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay it looked like a possum in the viewfinder so I got up the courage to look with my own eyes. Now that I've thrown up it does appear to be a possum.
It's good news and bad news. That it's not the cat is the good news.
The bad news is that a while back I opened the door to one of the storage buildings and when I did I saw a large animal make a big leap inside it.
I couldn't tell what it was at the time but somebody suggested it might be a possum. I haven't been back in since.
But this probably confirms there is a whole family of possums (maybe even more than one family) living in my storage building. Shit.

Damn it!!! Possum10

22Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 11:57 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way, look at all those cigarette butts. I hope somebody removes the carcass so I can go retrieve them because I see some good puffs left on those. They don't call me Buttman for nothing. lol

23Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 11:58 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yuk! I guess you are not going to bury him.

24Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 12:00 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Might as well bury him when you go to collect the butts.

25Damn it!!! Empty Re: Damn it!!! 10/18/2013, 12:02 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

There's not a chance in hell that I'll get close enough to that carcass to put it on a shovel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum