Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Genetically altered babies have already been created...totally unethical and cruel...evil..

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The Perilous Road Ahead: Designer Babies and Other Patented Life Forms... Where Will It All End?

In 2001, a study1 announcing the successful birth of the world’s first genetically engineered babies—30 in total—was published. This staggering development didn’t receive media attention until nearly a decade later.

The children were created using genes from TWO women and one man—a process referred to as ooplasmic transplantation, in which genes from a female donor are inserted into another woman’s eggs before being fertilized with a man’s sperm.

What the ramifications of having the genetic traits of three parents might be for the individual, or for their subsequent offspring, is still unknown.

However, based on what I’ve learned about the genetic engineering of plants, I’m inclined to say the consequences could be vast, dire, and most likely completely unexpected.

In fact, it only took two years for follow-up reports to begin discussing problems encountered in these genetically engineered babies. According to one such report:2

“A frank follow-up of ooplasmic transplantation pregnancies and infants reports that two out of 17 fetuses had an abnormal 45, XO karyotype. The authors assume the hypothesis of a link between chromosomal anomalies and oocytes manipulation, and reveal that one of the babies has been diagnosed at 18 months with Pervasive Developmental Disorder, a spectrum of autism-related diagnoses."
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/15/designer-babies-genetic-modification.aspx?e_cid=20131015Z1_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20131015Z1

The Viking

The Viking

Those little bastids...

Sure...they look real cute, all snuggly & smiling...

But I know secretly they want to hit me in the head with a steel pipe & steal my shoes...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum