Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unbelievable comeback!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unbelievable comeback! Empty Unbelievable comeback! 10/13/2013, 7:42 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

New England over Saints......with 10 seconds on the clock.....New England scores to win the game.

2Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/13/2013, 8:18 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Joanimaroni wrote:New England over Saints......with 10 seconds on the clock.....New England scores to win the game.
chocolate city lost. Poor things.

3Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/13/2013, 8:30 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Joanimaroni wrote:New England over Saints......with 10 seconds on the clock.....New England scores to win the game.
One helluva game.

4Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/13/2013, 8:41 pm

I watched that too... the saints blew that game big time.

5Unbelievable comeback! Empty Exactly..... 10/14/2013, 1:45 pm

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
chocolate city lost.  Poor things.
What kind of racist crap is that?  The entire south has a significant black population. Most metropolitan areas has significant black populations. Including Boston/Foxboro, MA. What is your point?
Have you ever in been to New Orleans? Let met guess, you drove straight to the French Quarter, which is surrounded by low-income areas.  Did you bother to explore all the other parts of the city? I did not think so.
Keep your racist/hate/filth/crap to yourself, bandit.  If not, be prepared to be called what you are: A BIGOTED RACIST PIG.
Others on this cute, little forum laugh and snicker to themselves when you type your bigoted hatred, but not me. I am not your bitch.
Consider yourself warned, bandit.

That being said, it was a fantastic game and reminds us why we watch and love the NFL.
Thanks.

6Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 6:10 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

CarlSagan wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
What kind of racist crap is that?  The entire south has a significant black population. Most metropolitan areas has significant black populations. Including Boston/Foxboro, MA. What is your point?
Have you ever in been to New Orleans? Let met guess, you drove straight to the French Quarter, which is surrounded by low-income areas.  Did you bother to explore all the other parts of the city? I did not think so.
Keep your racist/hate/filth/crap to yourself, bandit.  If not, be prepared to be called what you are: A BIGOTED RACIST PIG.
Others on this cute, little forum laugh and snicker to themselves when you type your bigoted hatred, but not me. I am not your bitch.

That being said, it was a fantastic game and reminds us why we watch and love the NFL.
Thanks.
bill,
The mayor of new Orleans called it a chocolate city.  And I'm sure you already knew that.  google mayor nigel and chocolate city.  race baiter bill/wtm at it again.

bill moore used to warn/threaten people the same way you just did. And now I know where he lives.
Your words: Consider yourself warned

7Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 9:49 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Bumped so you people know that carl sagan is wtm/bill moore -banned.

8Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 10:06 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

CarlSagan wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Thanks.
It sure was a hell of a game. I have become a big Saints fan since we bought a single shotgun house to renovate in the city. If you have to lose I guess it is best to lose to a triple super bowl winner? It was a big disappointment to do so in the last 5 seconds though! I listened to 870 AM this morning and they were doing the Monday morning quarterbacking trying to get over yesterday's loss.

As to the 'chocolate-ness' of the city, Negan had to apologize for his comment if I remember correctly. Although the majority of the population is black.  There are many different neighborhoods in the city each established by different groups, French, Sicilian, German, American (WASPS) Cajuns, African American, Caribbean's, etc. That is the beauty of the city. It is alive and vibrant, interesting and surprisingly happy in spite of a low average household income.

I just read a very interesting book: New Orleans; a cultural history by Louise McKinney. It is post Katrina and mentions by street address (so you can actually find the places) many clubs, restaurants, museums and other points of interest for those who are interested in investigating the rich heritage of the city.

9Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 10:11 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

othershoe1030 wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Thanks.
It sure was a hell of a game. I have become a big Saints fan since we bought a single shotgun house to renovate in the city. If you have to lose I guess it is best to lose to a triple super bowl winner? It was a big disappointment to do so in the last 5 seconds though! I listened to 870 AM this morning and they were doing the Monday morning quarterbacking trying to get over yesterday's loss.

As to the 'chocolate-ness' of the city, Negan had to apologize for his comment if I remember correctly. Although the majority of the population is black.  There are many different neighborhoods in the city each established by different groups, French, Sicilian, German, American (WASPS) Cajuns, African American, Caribbean's, etc. That is the beauty of the city. It is alive and vibrant, interesting and surprisingly happy in spite of a low average household income.

I just read a very interesting book: New Orleans; a cultural history by Louise McKinney. It is post Katrina and mentions by street address (so you can actually find the places) many clubs, restaurants, museums and other points of interest for those who are interested in investigating the rich heritage of the city.

Thank you for keeping it real. That was very human of you. I'm surprised.

10Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 10:16 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Thanks.

Thank you for keeping it real.  That was very human of you.  I'm surprised.
I'm surprised that you're surprised! But thanks anyway. I do try to keep it real. There is enough real stuff to be genuinely upset about without making things up, as I like to say.

11Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 10:23 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

othershoe1030 wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Thanks.

I'm surprised that you're surprised! But thanks anyway. I do try to keep it real. There is enough real stuff to be genuinely upset about without making things up, as I like to say.
I had you pegged as a hard line dem supporter. I was wrong. You appreciate the truth. That's what surprised me. I'm actually happy that you see bill for what he really is. A race baiter and trouble maker. And not supporting him as most of our forum dems usually do.

12Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 10:54 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Thanks.

I had you pegged as a hard line dem supporter.  I was wrong.  You appreciate the truth.  That's what surprised me.  I'm actually happy that you see bill for what he really is.  A race baiter and trouble maker.  And not supporting him as most of our forum dems usually do.
Being a hard line dem supporter and appreciating the truth often go hand in hand. (see my signature line).

I would suggest going back and reading all the posts on this thread in order and see who it was that made a racial comment first. What constitutes race bating? Does saying
"chocolate city lost. Poor things." Sound like a racially tinged comment to you? It certainly does to me.

The thing about racism is that we hardly realize we have those attitudes, they are unconscious. Most people are as unaware of them as fish are of water. It is a flaw of our culture that people unthinkingly attribute characteristics to entire groups of people based on stereotypes with no regard or sense of individual people who they might be talking about. To some, everyone in a particular racial group has the same traits. They are unable to distinguish, for example, a person of color who is a astrophysicist and one who is a musician or an artist or the president. They think? they are all uneducated street thugs and welfare recipients?

I agree with Carl S. calling out racism when he sees it. He and I have very different styles but I admire his position on the topic.

If you can explain why/how your comment is not racial in nature I am all ears but it sounds that way to me.

13Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 11:00 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

othershoe1030 wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Thanks.

I had you pegged as a hard line dem supporter.  I was wrong.  You appreciate the truth.  That's what surprised me.  I'm actually happy that you see bill for what he really is.  A race baiter and trouble maker.  And not supporting him as most of our forum dems usually do.
Being a hard line dem supporter and appreciating the truth often go hand in hand. (see my signature line).

I would suggest going back and reading all the posts on this thread in order and see who it was that made a racial comment first. What constitutes race bating? Does saying
"chocolate city lost. Poor things." Sound like a racially tinged comment to you? It certainly does to me.

The thing about racism is that we hardly realize we have those attitudes, they are unconscious. Most people are as unaware of them as fish are of water. It is a flaw of our culture that people unthinkingly attribute characteristics to entire groups of people based on stereotypes with no regard or sense of individual people who they might be talking about. To some, everyone in a particular racial group has the same traits. They are unable to distinguish, for example, a person of color who is a astrophysicist and one who is a musician or an artist or the president. They think? they are all uneducated street thugs and welfare recipients?

I agree with Carl S. calling out racism when he sees it. He and I have very different styles but I admire his position on the topic.

If you can explain why/how your comment is not racial in nature I am all ears but it sounds that way to me.
I take back my earlier comment. You are an idiot. Thank you for setting me straight as to what you are. I hope you and bill live a long and happy life. On welfare and foodstamps and not being shot or mugged by.........

14Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 11:06 pm

Sal

Sal

Quit pretending, cuntface.

You are an in-your-face bigot.

Embrace it.

It's your only endearing quality.

You're a piece of shit, but at least you don't hide behind dog whistles like Joanie and Neko.

15Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 11:20 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Sal wrote:Quit pretending, cuntface.

Embrace it.

You're a piece of shit, but  at least you don't hide behind dog whistles like Joanie and Neko.
I got banned for saying cunt. Yet a liberal nonworking punk can say it every day. Odd. The liberal nonworking punk is sal. For the record.

16Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/14/2013, 11:23 pm

Sal

Sal

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Sal wrote:Quit pretending, cuntface.

Embrace it.

You're a piece of shit, but  at least you don't hide behind dog whistles like Joanie and Neko.
I got banned for saying cunt.  Yet a liberal nonworking punk can say it every day.  Odd.  The liberal nonworking punk is sal.  For the record.
That's not why you got banned, cuntface.

Very Happy 

17Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/15/2013, 12:03 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
CarlSagan wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Thanks.

I take back my earlier comment.  You are an idiot.  Thank you for setting me straight as to what you are.  I hope you and bill live a long and happy life.  On welfare and foodstamps and not being shot or mugged by.........
I am still waiting to hear you explain how your comment was not racist. Instead of answering my question, which I doubt that you can because I think most would see it as racist, you call me an idiot.

Your comment about welfare and food stamps is a perfect illustration of a right wing stereotype. You are assuming that anyone with a non-racist liberal view of the world must therefore be on welfare and food stamps? What a warped view of the world you have. I do think you are unable to actually recognize reality. I have never been on either welfare nor food stamps. I have worked all my life and am comfortably retired.

I hope everyone reading this will see what preconceived notions of the world you have. Are you unable or just unwilling to to tell me why your comments weren't of a racist nature?

18Unbelievable comeback! Empty Re: Unbelievable comeback! 10/15/2013, 12:39 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Apparently GBB is unable or  unwilling to defend his chocolate city comment as not being racist. It is therefore declared officially to be so. Please feel free to defend yourself if you can.

19Unbelievable comeback! Empty Thanks 10/15/2013, 8:56 am

othershoe1030 wrote:Apparently GBB is unable or  unwilling to defend his chocolate city comment as not being racist. It is therefore declared officially to be so. Please feel free to defend yourself if you can.
Thanks, ot. I enjoyed your posts. Your buying a shotgun house in NO really interests me. I am going to look for that book, also.
Thanks, again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum