Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question for anyone who has successfully completed the obamacare application process.

+2
dumpcare
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:See: auto insurance
When the pip runs out your health insurance company takes over, I wondered when someone was going to say your auto would pay. Usually it runs out at $10,000 unless you have upped the amount.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ppaca wrote: Have you been back to the doc and does he think you will need treatment in Jan? I know anything can happen but if he's confident you won't need treatment in Jan, just keep what you have for one more month. I don't know the whole situation so only you and your doc know's what to do.
My next appointment with the oncologist is at the beginning of November.
And 45 days advance notice for cancelling Mega would be middle November. So I'll put everything on hold until after i get the doctor report.

PBulldog2 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:just remember bob, I see you are giddy and im glad for you. but all those young people whos houses are not paid off etc etc who make a measly $22,000 a year are not going to be happy being forced to pay even $50 a month for insurance they feel they wont use because they are not old and sickly.

just want to put this in perspective.

with that said, the insurance reform ill have its effects later on down the line of the "care" part. so enjoy it while you can and hopfully you wont fall victim to a over worked staff member during your visits.

Chrissy, one good car accident with traumatic injuries could result in that young person's being saddled with major debt for the rest of his life. Chances are good that the young person would not be able to obtain any rehabilitation services during his recovery from the accident, either. Do I even need to mention what would happen to that young person's credit rating?

Do our young people really want to take that chance? I know I didn't when I was young. I made sure I had insurance.

I find it hard to believe that young people are so stupid as to believe insurance is used only for illness. Matter of fact, I don't believe our young people are that stupid!
Thanks PB. You are correct. My son recently got into a chugging contest at a party and had to be rushed to the ER w/ alcohol poisoning. They had to give him IV fluids and it cost a bunch. He has a high deductible policy now he has to pay all that money and he's sick about it. He wouldn't listen to me and get a better policy.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That's strange, perhaps he shouldn't drink and that would suffice in place of an insurance policy..

A question for anyone who has successfully completed the obamacare application process. - Page 2 E3d5cc4064

2seaoat

Bob,
If that price is correct, it is unbelievable. We are paying with dental and health about 14hundred a month, and almost all of it is to insure me, because my wife as a retired teacher gets hers at a reasonable price. I had insurance continually from 24 years of age until the present. Carried disability policies and life insurance when I was younger. All my friends did the same. I did not know anybody who did not have inusrance when we were in our early twenties. This is going to be great for kids. My son while still in his last quarter of school had his gall bladder removed and but for the insurance it would have been a disaster.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob,
If that price is correct, it is unbelievable.  
As a 64 year old double cancer patient, if totally private unsubsidized health insurance was even available to me, it would probably cost for a month what that calculator is quoting me for a year.

cool1

cool1

I have to tell you what happened------My husbands friend at work well they cant keep the insurance they have --Hes a Dem---what does it matter what his political crap is --this is kind of funny He went to sign up and they told him no such person lol---So then he said well I will send my DL#

So he went to send it and accidently sent his daughters book report --LMAO

He said he would try to get back on tonight to straighten it out ---Book Report ----heehee

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
ppaca wrote: Have you been back to the doc and does he think you will need treatment in Jan? I know anything can happen but if he's confident you won't need treatment in Jan, just keep what you have for one more month. I don't know the whole situation so only you and your doc know's what to do.
My next appointment with the oncologist is at the beginning of November.
And 45 days advance notice for cancelling Mega would be middle November.  So I'll put everything on hold until after i get the doctor report.
Good idea.

2seaoat

There are millions of Americans who are facing health challenges which are now finding freedom to reach their full potential. They are not tied to a particular job, and they can push the envelope to be productive citizens without worrying about not getting treatment. I lack of brain cells on folks who do not understand the millions who are free from shackles of employment sponsored health care which limited treatment of preexisting conditions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum