Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Viral Letter: University of Michigan grad claims Obamacare has ‘raped my future’

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VectorMan

VectorMan

Many college students are unaware of how the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will affect them. The law allows kids to stay on their parents health care plans until they are 26. But what happens next?

In a letter that has now gone viral, 26 year old Ashley Dionne explained her experience to radio host Dennis Prager.

"My name is Ashley Dionne and I’m a 26-year-old recent graduate from Michigan.

The phony Obamacare signup poster boy made me want to send a message about how Obamacare is really affecting people.

I graduated from The University of Michigan in 2009. In my state, this used to mean something, but even with a bachelor’s I was told I was too educated and wouldn’t stay. I watched as kids with GEDs and high school diploma’s took the low-paying jobs for which I applied.

I went back to school and got a second degree and finally found work at a gym. I work nights and only get 32 hours a week for eight dollars an hour. I’m unable to find a second job at this time.

I have asthma, ulcers, and mild cerebral palsy. Obamacare takes my monthly rate from $75 a month for full coverage on my “Young Adult Plan,” to $319 a month. After $6,000 in deductibles, of course.

Liberals claimed this law would help the poor. I am the poor, the working poor, and I can’t afford to support myself, let alone older generations and people not willing to work at all.

This law has raped my future.

It will keep me and kids my age from having a future at all.

This is the real face of Obamacare and it isn’t pretty."

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=5140

2seaoat

How can you have an intelligent conversation with folks if they do not have critical thinking thresholds. Let see if we can think about this.....how can you talk about this article and post the same without finding out what the total amount of the subsidy was for this student. She also does not have to pick such a high deductible. She also has all of her preexisting conditions covered which if she was signing up for a new health care policy she would have none of that covered, so who would be concerned about deductibles.....she would pay 100% of those medical conditions arising from those conditions. Michigan can hardly win football games and evidently their academic standards have also tumbled because this whine article makes no sense.

It's a fake letter. If she worked 32 hrs. a week and made $8 an hour she would not be paying $319 a month. It's just more republican crap.

2seaoat

The Affordable Care Act is far from perfect, but this irrational fear is not being driven by facts or concern for Americans. It is being driven by special interest money. The concept is a Republican concept. The Republican Party has been hijacked by the likes of Rand Paul.

Eric Cantor is a major villian along w/ Mitch McConnell.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Maybe all of this incessant ranting over the ACA is really a Democratic plot to wrest the Housee of Representatives from the Republicans in 2014.  I mean, Progressives should hope this crap continues, because it is severely weakening the GOP. While they foam at the mouth over Obamacare and it various facets, they are not focusing on what is going to be really important in the coming months; i.e., getting re-elected. Seaoat was talking about a Democratic sweep in November of 2014, and I think it will instead be a tsunami. The Republicans are going to be left wondering what hit them, and they will be so weakened that they will have a steep hill climb in order to get ready fore the crucial election in 2016. If I were Obama, I would be playing this shutdown to the hilt.  

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum