Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just saw something on television which makes me cringe.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was surfing through the channels on directv. I stumbled onto a channel called WHT (don't even know what that is).
But the guide said "The Jim Bakker Show". So out of curiousity I took a looksee.

I couldn't believe my eyes. There he was again. A lot older and bald with snow white hair on the sides.
But he was doing the same money raising shtick he did on the PTL Club.

As if nothing ever happened. As if he wasn't caught being a conman. As if he wasn't caught misusing the money he got from people before. As if he didn't have to go to prison for it.
Begging for money in the name of Jesus again.

Wow. And they're still falling for it. I have no sympathy for anyone who would send him money now. They deserve him.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://jimbakker666.blogspot.com/2012/02/tired-of-jim-bakkers-deception-game.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/daily/aug99/bakker11.htm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob, he ran out of money. I hope to hell you are not suggesting he should get a real job.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:Bob, he ran out of money. I hope to hell you are not suggesting he should get a real job.
I doubt he's even capable of doing a real job.

But I'm to the point now that I have a bigger problem with the people who let him con them than I do with him.
That there are people who would still send him their money is an embarrasment and a slap in the face not only to our whole society but to our whole frickin species.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Some people feel the need to buy their way into heaven. Twisted Evil

Joanimaroni wrote:Some people feel the need to buy their way into heaven. Twisted Evil
They're about as hopeless as the ones who try to lie their way in.
Just saying "I'm a christian" doesn't work, unless you actually live the lifestyle. I don't see many on any forum who do.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The First Amendment guarantees the legality of these tax-free cons.
I wonder what James Madison would think about how it's applied now.

Buttman wrote:I was surfing through the channels on directv. I stumbled onto a channel called WHT (don't even know what that is).

Bob in case you are interested it stands for World Harvest Television. It is part of the LeSEA Broadcasting Network. This is what their website says about them:

LeSEA Broadcasting exists to reach out to the lost across the globe and to provide you and your family with an alternative to viewing secular television programs. We have a God-given calling to reach the untold billions yet untold . . . and empower believers like you to grow in your spiritual walk.

We take this mission very seriously as we partner with friends like you to reach across the globe with the Good News of Christ. Our multi-faceted ministry includes television and satellite broadcasting, international shortwave radio, Bible distribution, and the 24-hour World Harvest Prayerline.

Incidentally, this organization was founded by Dr. Lester Sumrall and there are 2 churches here in the Pensacola are that follow his teachings. Liberty Church on Blue Angel Pkwy and Northridge Church on Nine Mile Rd.

no stress

no stress

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Incidentally, this organization was founded by Dr. Lester Sumrall and there are 2 churches here in the Pensacola are that follow his teachings. Liberty Church on Blue Angel Pkwy and Northridge Church on Nine Mile Rd.
Just the fact that this outfit would sell television time to such an obvious out and out conman as Bakker would make anything it touches including those local churches have zero credibility to me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Gunz wrote:
Tilton is another piece of work. He's back on tv too even after he was run out of Texas by the authorities following the scandal there. Remember he's the one they caught throwing all the mailed prayer requests in the dumpster after taking the checks out of them.

no stress

no stress

Buttman wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Tilton is another piece of work. He's back on tv too even after he was run out of Texas by the authorities following the scandal there. Remember he's the one they caught throwing all the mailed prayer requests in the dumpster after taking the checks out of them.

Oh yeah, he is definately a piece of shit. Pretty much all of the tv preachers are bullshit artists.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Gunz wrote:

Pretty much all of the tv preachers are bullshit artists.
See even normal and abnormal folk can agree on some things.
And when both normal and abnormal folks are in agreement, I would say that probably is an indication that salinsky's "truth" does exist sometimes. lol

Last edited by Buttman on 8/1/2012, 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

no stress

no stress

Yuuuuuuppp!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Do these men even believe in God? What do y'all think? Cause if they believe anything that they preach, wouldn't they be afraid to face their maker?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:Do these men even believe in God? What do y'all think? Cause if they believe anything that they preach, wouldn't they be afraid to face their maker?
It's a mystery to me what they believe. I think we would have to actually get inside their heads to ever know.

no stress

no stress

Nekochan wrote:Do these men even believe in God? What do y'all think? Cause if they believe anything that they preach, wouldn't they be afraid to face their maker?

I think at one point in their lives they did and then at some point it became a business to them....money being the root of all evil and all.

It appears that their God is moolah, Neko... at least most of them seem that way. The preachers that live high on the hog are an abomination. I don't find it immoral for a preacher to ask for money, but I do find it immoral for them to spend it on things for themselves. There are a few charities that don't spend the majority of contributions on "overhead" like advertising and $400 haircuts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum