Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Animal Rescue

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Animal Rescue Empty Animal Rescue 8/1/2012, 10:25 am

I have a domestic cat that just showed up at my house a few days ago. She is a pretty cat and is not skittish at all. Here is my dilemma. Both myself and my wife are super allergic to cats. We would love to keep her but that is not feasible with our allergies.

I do not want to take her to the Escambia County shelter as I have heard they are a kill shelter. Does anyone know of a no kill shelter in the area that I could take her to?

In edit: We have tried and tried to find out who she belongs to with absolutely no luck.

2Animal Rescue Empty Re: Animal Rescue 8/1/2012, 10:27 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Call the Humane Society.

3Animal Rescue Empty Re: Animal Rescue 8/1/2012, 10:31 am

Floridatexan wrote:
Call the Humane Society.

I did and they recommended the Escambia County Animal Shelter.

4Animal Rescue Empty Re: Animal Rescue 8/1/2012, 11:20 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ghost, it might be different if you took the cat down to the Humane Society in person. I don't know. Once they take a gander at her, it may be difficult for them to give her up to the pound.

If we could take her, we would, but we have two elderly cats who already rule the roost around here. Even my pitties leave the cats alone.

We tried bringing in my husband's cat before my husband and I were married, but my female cat ran her off in less than 24 hours. That kitty now lives two doors down from us.

5Animal Rescue Empty Re: Animal Rescue 8/1/2012, 11:49 am

There is a cat shelter called "Rosies" but I don't know how to contact them. I think they're on Creighton Rd.

6Animal Rescue Empty Re: Animal Rescue 8/1/2012, 12:22 pm

no stress

no stress

P.A.W.S is the best no kill shelter around. They are in Ft walton, just a short drive up 98. Take em a bag of dogfood if you go

7Animal Rescue Empty Re: Animal Rescue 8/1/2012, 1:43 pm

Gunz wrote:P.A.W.S is the best no kill shelter around. They are in Ft walton, just a short drive up 98. Take em a bag of dogfood if you go

I would feel weird taking a bag of dog food to a shelter when I am dragging a cat along with me to turn in....................... jocolor

8Animal Rescue Empty Re: Animal Rescue 8/1/2012, 1:57 pm

no stress

no stress

[quote="Ghost_Rider1"]
Gunz wrote:P.A.W.S is the best no kill shelter around. They are in Ft walton, just a short drive up 98. Take em a bag of dogfood if you go

I would feel weird taking a bag of dog food to a shelter when I am dragging a cat along with me to turn in....................... jocolor [/quote

They dont care. They welcome donations of food, blankets, toys...anything pet related.

9Animal Rescue Empty Re: Animal Rescue 8/1/2012, 2:02 pm

Wouldn't the cat be considered dog food? Twisted Evil

10Animal Rescue Empty Re: Animal Rescue 8/1/2012, 2:18 pm

[quote="Gunz"]
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I would feel weird taking a bag of dog food to a shelter when I am dragging a cat along with me to turn in....................... jocolor [/quote

They dont care. They welcome donations of food, blankets, toys...anything pet related.

I understand, that was just my feeble attempt to make a joke.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum