Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tickling rats for science?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tickling rats for science? Empty Tickling rats for science? 10/2/2013, 10:21 pm

In humans, emotions can bias our thinking and decision-making. For instance, depressed or anxious people tend to be more pessimistic than happier people, expecting bad things to happen and paying more attention to potential threats and punishment.

Animals might show the same biases, but it’s been difficult to test this assumption. How do you know when a lab rat is happy?

One answer: They laugh.

An important finding was that rats housed by themselves sought out tickling by humans more than rats that shared their cages with other rats. Seeking out tickling and responding to it with laughter would seem to reflect a desire for positive social engagement by the rats. If no fellow rats are available to satisfy this desire, a human hand will do.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/09/tickling-rats-for-science/

Laughing 

You will be glad to know that scientist went and created a rat that LOVES to be tickled.

I love to be tickled too. Razz 

Good night....... I think.... Neutral 

2Tickling rats for science? Empty Re: Tickling rats for science? 10/2/2013, 10:25 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Have you ever noticed you can't tickle yourself....I mean without batteries ....

3Tickling rats for science? Empty Re: Tickling rats for science? 10/2/2013, 10:32 pm

Sal

Sal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Have you ever noticed you can't tickle yourself....I mean without batteries ....
I tickle myself all the time ...

... sometimes at your expense ...

... but then you get mad.

4Tickling rats for science? Empty Re: Tickling rats for science? 10/2/2013, 10:38 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Have you ever noticed you can't tickle yourself....I mean without batteries ....
I accidently tickled myself a few times. But you are 100% correct!

on edit: I laughed at this out loud and deep down inside you know I want so bad to make a comment about the battery tickling. Razz 

Last edited by Chrissy on 10/2/2013, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Tickling rats for science? Empty Re: Tickling rats for science? 10/2/2013, 10:42 pm

Sal

Sal

I had a teacher once tell me, "I've never seen someone laugh at their own jokes the way you do. That's an excellent quality."

I'm not so sure it's an "excellent quality", but it's a damn entertaining way to live.

lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum