Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Duncan takes position......takes the charge....guess what

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Spurs have about a seven point lead, and the ballgame starting to get out of control, and guess who intervenes.....yep we have seen this in Chicago, Indiana, and now two critical fouls which were not fouls on Duncan......sorry. anybody who knows basketball understands what is going on here.......I do not care what the final scoreboard says.....the two successive foul calls against Duncan are totally bogus, and I am watching him watch the game from the bench........sorry this is obvious.

2seaoat

Ginobli gets hammered....no call......this is awful for basketball........as soon as the spurs get some momentum.....the refs take something away from the Spurs.......

2seaoat

Oh this is a great start of the second half.....a heat player gets the ball in both hands.....jumps with both feet without a dribble to another location.....then dribbles the baseline for a lay up.....un F'ing believable........I have to listen to the chatter tonight on blogs.........this is simply awful.....the abc tv folks start to question....then stop.....awful awful awful.

Duncan clearly fouls wade on the wrists....but after blowing two fouls early....I am sure the refs heard something on those calls....so how does it get corrected.....do not call a foul on Duncan......simply incredible.

2seaoat

Anderson fouls Parker on the floor as he starts to elevate on the shot, and Bosh blocks the shot.....no call.......this is simply awful. I am sorry Anderson's foul was obvious on video replay.....yet they are not going to show it again.....ABC knows where its bread is buttered.....simply terrible.

bs foul call during that loose ball scramble... should be a good finish if the refs stay out of it.

2seaoat

should be a good finish if the refs stay out of it.

I agree, but I think that the team who wins the first game.....70% of those teams win the championship series.....I heard that....cannot verify as to its accuracy, but the early calls were so one sided as the Spurs dominated the first quarter that it appears clear that the Spurs cannot win this first game and burst the myth.......they are in trouble with their brand....big trouble.

2seaoat

James destroys Duncan and then starts the theatrics.....simply incredible.

2seaoat

Gee......who said Mr. James cannot guard a guard.....hmmmm. what terrible defense by James, turned around and beat by parker like the slow aging guy he is becoming when matched with quick guards......comparing him to Jordan.....insane.

Wow... Parker just barely got that shot off... crazy close.

2seaoat

It is Parker's team now.....they ride on his ability.....the other two are simply too old to make the difference they did when the Spurs teams were much better.....Parker probably was the best point guard this year, and but for the ankle injury should have been considered in the MVP.....because he really does not have the same supporting cast that they once had.

Duncan did a good job tonite too. James had a great game... pretty impressive that the spurs overcame his triple double.

2seaoat

pretty impressive that the spurs overcame his triple double.

Not that impressive when he or the coach matched him up with Parker......silly.....he has shown all year that he is weak coming off the top of the key with a guard.....I posted videos in the pacer game where he was beat like a rug with quick young guards. He used to get away of physically dominating people, but he has become a step too slow on most of these good point guards......triple double and a little ego whipped cream and what do you get.....a loss.

2seaoat

''It isn't enough,'' Stern said Thursday during his last NBA Finals press conference. ''You're not going to cause somebody to stop it for $5,000 when the average player's salary is $5.5 million. And anyone who thought that was going to happen was allowing hope to prevail over reason.''

Stern said the league's Board of Governors and Competition Committee will have further discussions before next season. He added that he believes the league has enough data if it wanted to take the next step with its policy.

''I don't know if we have the stomach,'' he said. ''And we'll have to see what happens with the Competition Committee and the board.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/commissioner-david-stern-knows-flopping-penalties-not-strong-enough-060613

Stern and his competition committee made sure that they got to the finals, and they are reading the blogs which basketball people are outraged with the NBA preferential calls for Miami and continued rewarding of the theatrics of James.

This might be called straight up the rest of the way, but I doubt it. This illusion of Miami as a great team is part of the league's clear policy of enhancing stars and certain teams which causes buzz and viewership. They are going to lose more people because of the Bulls and Pacer whacked calls, and they probably are not going to get the numbers of viewers in this championship.............the glare from Duncan after he took the charge and was called for the foul sums up most of the fans perception.....incredible.

You should have been watching Baseball.... No flopping.... Wahoos won last night
Duncan takes position......takes the charge....guess what Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjuN77sblALRFdZDtoUztBTektzsBkUVwfEmJsxybjCF5zqAYjXQ

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sad I quit watching....I'm so sad.

Joanimaroni wrote: Sad I quit watching....I'm so sad.

Don't worry Joani, the Heat will overcome.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Everyone needs to calm down here. This is a best of seven series. The Spurs played well, protected the ball, and made some miracle shots. This will not continue. The Heat will still take the championship.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote: Sad I quit watching....I'm so sad.

Don't worry Joani, the Heat will overcome.

I misled you....I quit watching in the 1st quarter....it looked like there were three teams on the court. Spurs against the Heat and the Refs. I had planned on going back to the game but I forgot about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum