Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If You Have Flood Insurance, Your Rates Will Rise

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Flood-insurance-going-way-up-for-some-coastal-4560849.php

".....the Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012 will allow rates to reflect the full risk of a property...."

The Feds no longer want to subsidize insurance for people who build houses in flood-prone areas. I am glad that my house is built in Flood Zone X.

Even though I live outside a flood zone, for the past 23 years, I have carried flood insurance on my house, since the area where my culdesac was developed traditionally flooded during very heavy rains before my neighborhood was built. My premium is about $312 per year. If my rate was to appreciably increase, I may not carry it after the current policy year expires.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I don't even have a house. Starting Saturday when I begin making my way back to the area, I am officially homeless.

I can tell you where the homeless shelters are? You''ll fit right in.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I don't even have a house. Starting Saturday when I begin making my way back to the area, I am officially homeless.
But PeeDog, look how free you are.... No mortgage to pay; no rent to pay; no homeowners insurance to pay; no real estate taxes to pay; no gas bill to pay; no electric bill to pay; no water bill to pay; no garbage collection bill to pay; no cable TV bill to pay; no phone bill to pay (except perhaps your mobile); you don't have to worry about appliances breaking down.... etc., etc., etc.......

If I were in your spot, I would be banking a chunk of my income every month.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:I don't even have a house. Starting Saturday when I begin making my way back to the area, I am officially homeless.
But PeeDog, look how free you are.... No mortgage to pay; no rent to pay; no homeowners insurance to pay; no real estate taxes to pay; no gas bill to pay; no electric bill to pay; no water bill to pay; no garbage collection bill to pay; no cable TV bill to pay; no phone bill to pay (except perhaps your mobile); you don't have to worry about appliances breaking down.... etc., etc., etc.......

If I were in your spot, I would be banking a chunk of my income every month.....
Well, I will have to find a place to rent bro, when I get back. So really no money saved.

Why has "mandatory" flood insurance failed so miserably to ensure that homeowners in flood prone areas mitigate their own risk? Because it's not as "mandatory" as you might think, and the rules in place are not enforced. Private insurers via the free market should be allowed to market and sell flood insurance and educate the public about its benefits. And Congress must bite the bullet and not aid homeowners who chose not to get cheap insurance or let it lapse after their mortgage closed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum