Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Babyboomers are holding death dinners

+4
RealLindaL
stormwatch89
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-24/death-dinners-at-baby-boomers-tables-take-on-dying-taboo.html

What do y'all think?  I think it's a little creepy, but probably not a bad idea.  I wouldn't want little kids to be at this kind of dinner though.

I don't think making plans about end of life is weird, but this dinner is.

passing out gag mustaches and having a 7 year old there.. wth

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I had one of those last night. I don't think I cooked that chicken enough...close call but I ralphed it up...

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't mind the dinner part, if it works for people. But little kids...no, they don't belong at this.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I had one of those last night. I don't think I cooked that chicken enough...close call but I ralphed it up...
affraid

Pensacola Death dinnerBabyboomers are holding death dinners Voorhees.  LOL

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's a shrimp po boy with hushpuppies?  And what else is on it?

This is what they serve at your favorite ball park?Wink

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I had one of those last night. I don't think I cooked that chicken enough...close call but I ralphed it up...
Silly man!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Speaking of dinners... finally, after 3 months, I'm unpacking stuff from our move.  My kitchen is almost finished, except for painting, so I'm unpacking my kitchen stuff to put in the cabinets.   My dining room is not finished yet, so I'm not ready to unpack boxes for that room.  So I'm looking at all these dozens and dozens of huge boxes, trying to figure out which boxes my kitchen stuff is in.   And these boxes are heavy.  Heavy and huge.  So if it's not kitchen stuff in a box, I don't want to pull it out right now.  In thinking of abbreviations for rooms in a house, what the heck is a "BP"?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

stormwatch89 wrote:
Silly man!
Well I am so tender hearted I just can't outright kill a chicken...makes them hard to pluck but I always wait till they quit flopping in the pot to start eating them...

You better hope "BP"aint in that box!!!

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Silly man!
Well I am so tender hearted I just can't outright  kill a chicken...makes them hard to pluck but I always wait till they quit flopping in the pot to start eating them...
I knew it...you can't hurt a fly, much less a chicken!

Nekochan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
Silly man!
Well I am so tender hearted I just can't outright  kill a chicken...makes them hard to pluck but I always wait till they quit flopping in the pot to start eating them...
I knew it...you can't hurt a fly, much less a chicken!
I love animals... they're delicious. I won't describe my food preparation... somebody would prolly call homeland security.

RealLindaL

Nekochan wrote:In thinking of abbreviations for rooms in a house, what the heck is a "BP"?
Back porch??

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

RealLindaL wrote:
Nekochan wrote:In thinking of abbreviations for rooms in a house, what the heck is a "BP"?
Back porch??
BP stands for Bad Pedophile

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
Back porch??

Good one.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Back porch??
Good one.
Thx, Joani. Tried to think of something starting with a P to follow bedroom or bathroom (QUIET, all you bathroom humor minds out there!), but no luck.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Back porch??
Good one.
Thx, Joani. Tried to think of something starting with a P to follow bedroom or bathroom (QUIET, all you bathroom humor minds out there!), but no luck.

Bathroom products. I' m sure hope it didn't hold the toilet paper supply

study 

Nekochan

Nekochan

Back porch, bathroom products...good guesses!!  

We didn't have a back porch at our old house and the movers didn't pack up the bathrooms.   

I opened the box and unwrapped a couple of things.  They appear to be items that were in the dining room...

Markle

Markle

Nekochan wrote:Speaking of dinners... finally, after 3 months, I'm unpacking stuff from our move.  My kitchen is almost finished, except for painting, so I'm unpacking my kitchen stuff to put in the cabinets.   My dining room is not finished yet, so I'm not ready to unpack boxes for that room.  So I'm looking at all these dozens and dozens of huge boxes, trying to figure out which boxes my kitchen stuff is in.   And these boxes are heavy.  Heavy and huge.  So if it's not kitchen stuff in a box, I don't want to pull it out right now.  In thinking of abbreviations for rooms in a house, what the heck is a "BP"?
BP...Bedroom Playthings....Wink 

Nekochan

Nekochan

Markle wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Speaking of dinners... finally, after 3 months, I'm unpacking stuff from our move.  My kitchen is almost finished, except for painting, so I'm unpacking my kitchen stuff to put in the cabinets.   My dining room is not finished yet, so I'm not ready to unpack boxes for that room.  So I'm looking at all these dozens and dozens of huge boxes, trying to figure out which boxes my kitchen stuff is in.   And these boxes are heavy.  Heavy and huge.  So if it's not kitchen stuff in a box, I don't want to pull it out right now.  In thinking of abbreviations for rooms in a house, what the heck is a "BP"?
Embarassed  

Why Markle!!!  Don't let anyone ever call you a fuddy-duddy!

Markle

Markle

Nekochan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Embarassed  

Why Markle!!!  Don't let anyone ever call you a fuddy-duddy!
Less conspicuous to the casual observer than TOYS.
Laughing 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Markle wrote:
Shocked 

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Markle wrote:
Shocked 
Hey, so I've heard....

I've been a Realtor for 35 years. I've seen beds hung from the ceiling by chains, very sturdy eyebolts in the ceiling, a circular metal stairway, behind a kitchen door leading to small brick walled wine cellar. In addition to hundreds of bottles of wine. There was a nice wrought iron table, four chairs and again, this time wrought iron eyebolts strategically on the walls and ceiling.

I sold an older house, in need of repairs, in a prime neighborhood to a young attorney. I kept in contact with her and still do for referrals. Six or eight months after she closed, she invited me over for a drink and to see what she had done. The house was really magnificent, I was honestly blown away I didn't think it could look that good. She'd even taken out walls. The master bedroom was black. Everything was black, carpet, walls, ceiling, furniture, linen everything. Dozens of black candles. She was a petite woman and the first...and only woman that ever frightened me. I finished my drink and hastily made my exit. Yeah, I've often wondered what I missed. Yes, I was single.

So a box of toys...really, really mild.

Have a good night...Wink 

Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum