Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackberry in the RED...firing 4500 employees.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-20/blackberry-to-fire-4-500-write-down-up-to-960-million.html

BlackBerry Earnings Drill Down: 4,500 Jobs Cut

BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY), the smartphone maker that’s evaluating a sale, will cut 4,500 jobs and record an inventory writedown of as much as $960 million after a new set of devices failed to catch on with consumers.

2seaoat

Technology is changing very rapidly and those who enjoyed a tech advantage can be gone a decade later. Wait for the quantum jump in battery technology to cause massive economic dislocation in our economy which is still very much tied to the internal combustion engine.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

"...Wait for the quantum jump in battery technology..."

Its coming, not only for electric vehicles, but for grid-level storage of electricity. That way solar and wind-produced electricity can be stored and used during periods when the sun doesn't shine and the wind won't blow.

http://www.drexel.edu/now/news-media/releases/archive/2012/July/Engineers-Develop-New-Grid-Level-Energy-Storage-Technology/

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Having owned both a "crackberry" and an iphone, I can see why blackberry is in the red. There's a world of difference in the phones and I can't think of a single thing that was better about my blackberry than my iphone. I just saw in the news on Yahoo that ios7 downloads are backing up right now because people are overloading the system trying to get the new operating system. I downloaded mine yesterday and I love it, especially the new look of the keyboard, the calculator and the new ease some of the ios7 features give to surfing the internet.
Now I'm just waiting to get away from Sprint, because no matter what phone you have with them, it's slow. I'm going to pay my way out of their contract and will never go back. I'm going to tmobile for the no-contract offer. I'd like verizon,but they're just too overpriced.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I had a Blackberry for years and got used to it. I liked the keyboard but the screen sucked. My Iphone is far easier to use and has a lot more apps. Iphone wins hands down. My Blackberry was one of the newer touch screen types but I have become very attached to my Iphone.

Mine was the first touch screen they made, the one that bragged you could feel the touch on your keyboard, and you actually could. I got over that feature pretty quick though, and the best thing about it was then the camera. I have to admit it had a great little camera in it. Very clear, printable pictures. I think it was called a "Storm" or something like that. I kept it two months and got the Iphone 2 and never looked back.
I have the 5 now, not too interested in the 5S. The fingerprint technology isn't attractive to me. I wonder if there will be problems with it? When something new comes out like that, you never know.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-20/blackberry-to-fire-4-500-write-down-up-to-960-million.html

BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY), the smartphone maker that’s evaluating a sale, will cut 4,500 jobs and record an inventory writedown of as much as $960 million after a new set of devices failed to catch on with consumers.
Obviously a government BAILOUT is needed to save these jobs!

Anyone who didn't see this coming, and run for the hills, when Blackberry shut down for four (4) days has to be deaf, dumb and blind.

If BlackBerry shuts down or goes into bankruptcy, will fewer smartphones be sold?

If you were in the market for a smartphone, would you buy a BlackBerry today?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-20/blackberry-to-fire-4-500-write-down-up-to-960-million.html

Obviously a government BAILOUT is needed to save these jobs!

Anyone who didn't see this coming, and run for the hills, when Blackberry shut down for four (4) days has to be deaf, dumb and blind.

If BlackBerry shuts down or goes into bankruptcy, will fewer smartphones be sold?

If you were in the market for a smartphone, would you buy a BlackBerry today?

Yes I see where you are going..the company is in a death spiral...down she goes.

I predict that this will lower the unemployment rate.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Technology is changing very rapidly and those who enjoyed a tech advantage can be gone a decade later.   Wait for the quantum jump in battery technology to cause massive economic dislocation in our economy which is still very much tied to the internal combustion engine.
This has what to do with BlackBerry?

Are you saying you have a smartphone powered by an internal combustion engine?

PkrBum wrote:I predict that this will lower the unemployment rate.
Blackberry in the RED...firing 4500 employees. Th?id=H.4542375784811301&w=259&h=172&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

It's amazing what one can do with statistics... FT was just telling me about how concise mathematics is recently.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Yhq1EwO5E

Smile 

I had a black berry for the longest time. but when all the touch screens came out I had to have one.

They came out with one/some now but I already have all these iphones and im hooked.

its a shame though, because they are good phones. and that's a lot f workers.

we are going down the tube fast.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum