Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

bob, i found this site for you

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bob, i found this site for you Empty bob, i found this site for you 9/8/2013, 9:37 pm

http://www.goodoldtimes.com/default.asp

you probably already know about it.

heck, it occurred to me you might even own it.

anyway, its a cool site if you haven't see it. Lots of antique stuff on it.

maybe others will enjoy it too, m having a good time checkin all this stuff out.

Cool 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:http://www.goodoldtimes.com/default.asp

maybe others will enjoy it too, m having a good time checkin all this stuff out.

Cool 
You're a living doll,  Chrissy.  I have a special bond with anybody who likes this stuff like I do.  lol

Haha,  no I don't own that or anything else.
I never opened a store because Pensacola was never a big enough market to pay the overhead for that kind of store.  And I was such a cheap son of a bitch that I was called "No Overhead Bob".  
The closest I ever got to having a gig like that was supplying all the stuff on consignment to a guy who did open a store for it in Destin.  But that was before the internet sales and even though Destin had a lot of well-heeled tourists coming in I never sold much through that store.
I mainly sold my inventory to big city retailers who had that kind of store and I sold it at a big show in Chicago two times a year.  And occasionally sold to local buyers.
By the time I got out of antique jukeboxes they had really started to catch on and the Europeans started buying them bigtime.  Most of what I took to Chicago to sell were loaded onto shipping containers to be sold by dealers in Europe.  Europe is now the biggest market for antique coin-operated machines of all kinds.  Europeans are absolutely obsessed with all kinds of Americana from the golden age.

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:http://www.goodoldtimes.com/default.asp

Cool 
You're a living doll,  Chrissy.  I have a special bond with anybody who likes this stuff like I do.  lol

Haha,  no I don't own that or anything else.
I never opened a store because Pensacola was never a big enough market to pay the overhead for that kind of store.  And I was such a cheap son of a bitch that I was called "No Overhead Bob".  
The closest I ever got to having a gig like that was supplying all the stuff on consignment to a guy who did open a store for it in Destin.  But that was before the internet sales and even though Destin had a lot of well-heeled tourists coming in I never sold much through that store.
I mainly sold my inventory to big city retailers who had that kind of store and I sold it at a big show in Chicago two times a year.  And occasionally sold to local buyers.
By the time I got out of antique jukeboxes they had really started to catch on and the Europeans started buying them bigtime.  Most of what I took to Chicago to sell were loaded onto shipping containers to be sold by dealers in Europe.  Europe is now the biggest market for antique coin-operated machines of all kinds.  Europeans are absolutely obsessed with all kinds of Americana from the golden age.
Yes, im absolutely loving these old Americana works of art as you call it.

I can tell from your stories you've been doing this a very long time. while you may not have made a big store or whatever, it is very apparent its a love of your heart. Very Happy and you know something, so many people go through life without ever having anything like this that gives them so much joy. Very Happy 

I need a new hobby, maybe Ill join you on this one. including pin ball machines btw, since I loved playing those growing up.

again, thanks for the inspiration. Im off to work soon.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Great site, Chrissy! I love the 1934 Krakauer piano that's shown in the Art Deco section.

Speaking of antiques, my husband and I stopped at a little furniture store on T street the other day. The owner had an old hand-crank Victrola record player and two of those tall antique radios that sit on the floor. All three items were in need of serious restoration, but I was fascinated! I certainly didn't expect to find them in an offbeat modern furniture store.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum