Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manslaughter charges filed

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Manslaughter charges filed Empty Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 9:48 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

This was a completely avoidable death. The daughter is nothing more than a low-life animal....no offense to animals. On second thought animals take care of their own.

ptember 7, 2013
An Escambia County woman  has been arrested because investigators said she is responsible for the death of the elderly mother.
Escambia County Sheriff’s deputies said 95-year old Florence Rucker was found unconscious and severely neglected at a home on Amber Street back in May.
Manslaughter charges filed RuckerkathyFlorence’s daughter, 60-year old Kathy Rucker, was arrested for aggravated manslaughter after an investigation. Deputies say Florence Rucker had several large, open sores on her body when she was found.
Investigators say Kathy Rucker lived with her mother and was her primary caregiver. She told deputies she called 911 because her mother had been unresponsive and unable to drink any fluids. When paramedics arrived they say Florence Rucker was lying on the floor of the living room, which was in complete disarray and strewn with garbage.
Florence Rucker was taken to the hospital as a trauma alert. She died a few days later. Kathy Rucker says her mother had fallen down in the living room about two weeks before she called EMS, and that she had been unable to get her up off the floor. She told deputies her mother had been talking to her during that time so she didn’t feel the need to call for help.

2Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 10:40 am

2seaoat

This was a completely avoidable death.

So the taxpayers will keep the daughter in jail for the remainder of her life.....let us say she has the genetics of her mother and leaves thirty five years in prison, or 1.4 million.......yet we have money to fight wars, and not enough to help families who are simply overwhelmed and incapable of functioning. Let us start a war in the Middle East and spend another couple trillion, and let us fill our jails with dopes and mopes who are non violent and stupid. Moral outrage is appropriate, but when I look in the mirror in the morning I see the person to blame. An entire generation of babyboomers who thought doing our own thing in selfish indulgence was somehow going to make America a better place for all our citizens.

Need a scapegoat......well certainly leaving a 95 year old on the floor for days is not an intelligent response. An intelligent response would have been putting her intensive care for a couple of weeks and spending a million dollars on another over 90 elderly person as doing the right thing has made one question who is the criminal.

We need to have a safety net for our elderly. We need to have assistance for families who are simply incapable of being proper caretakers. Filling our jails with more non violent people, and spending trillions in the Middle East and then finding moral certainty in both........well again, maybe it is time to start thinking.

3Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 12:11 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

All she had to do to get her mother off the floor is call the fire department. She could have called the Agency on Aging...they would have provided a "sitter" to help her with companionship for her mother and making sure she had food prepared as needed, plus give her a chance to take a break. This disgusts me...I've seen it from people who are not relatives and just want to use an elderly person for what they can get, but your own mother...? Never mind...I've seen that, too.

4Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 2:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:This was a completely avoidable death.

So the taxpayers will keep the daughter in jail for the remainder of her life.....let us say she has the genetics of her mother and leaves thirty five years in prison, or 1.4 million.......yet we have money to fight wars, and not enough to help families who are simply overwhelmed and incapable of functioning.    Let us start a war in the Middle East and spend another couple trillion, and let us fill our jails with dopes and mopes who are non violent and stupid.  Moral outrage is appropriate, but when I look in the mirror in the morning I see the person to blame.  An entire generation of babyboomers who thought doing our own thing in selfish indulgence was somehow going to make America a better place for all our citizens.

Need a scapegoat......well certainly leaving a 95 year old on the floor for days is not an intelligent response.  An intelligent response would have been putting her intensive care for a couple of weeks and spending a million dollars on another over 90 elderly person as doing the right thing has made one question who is the criminal.

We need to have a safety net for our elderly.  We need to have assistance for families who are simply incapable of being proper caretakers.  Filling our jails with more non violent people, and spending trillions in the Middle East and then finding moral certainty in both........well again, maybe it is time to start thinking.

I think you are over due for a Cat Scan.

5Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 2:33 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:

So the taxpayers will keep the daughter in jail for the remainder of her life.....let us say she has the genetics of her mother and leaves thirty five years in prison, or 1.4 million.......yet we have money to fight wars, and not enough to help families who are simply overwhelmed and incapable of functioning.    Let us start a war in the Middle East and spend another couple trillion, and let us fill our jails with dopes and mopes who are non violent and stupid.  Moral outrage is appropriate, but when I look in the mirror in the morning I see the person to blame.  An entire generation of babyboomers who thought doing our own thing in selfish indulgence was somehow going to make America a better place for all our citizens.

Need a scapegoat......well certainly leaving a 95 year old on the floor for days is not an intelligent response.  An intelligent response would have been putting her intensive care for a couple of weeks and spending a million dollars on another over 90 elderly person as doing the right thing has made one question who is the criminal.

We need to have a safety net for our elderly.  We need to have assistance for families who are simply incapable of being proper caretakers.  Filling our jails with more non violent people, and spending trillions in the Middle East and then finding moral certainty in both........well again, maybe it is time to start thinking.
I think you are over due for a Cat Scan.
What is that, your humanitarian side? How callous coming from a supposed medical professional.

6Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 2:44 pm

2seaoat

No cat scan due, but I worked with a Public Guardian for a number of years. All these folks who are now trying to criminalize the care of the elderly. Most folks need help. I have seen caretakers simply breakdown. I have gone in homes with garbage to the ceiling. One situation had an elderly man unable to go upstairs to use the bathroom live three months without human contact pooping in plastic bags, eating canned foods, and slowly starving. After three days the postal service has a policy to report to the police when they think an elderly person is not getting their mail and is home. He was removed by the emts and went into intensive care and died five days later. The house was solid feces, roaches, and cash.....when the man could still get around he would cash his pension and ss check and bring 700 cash home in an envelope. There was almost 25000 cash with coin collections in that home.........but no human would look in on this man......the shirt tail relatives came out of the woodwork to get some cash after his death.

No, our system of assisting families who are dealing with economic crisis and broken health care system are the ones who should be indicted. Rather, you want to talk about how we should respect military expenditures. Sorry, I am not making any excuses for not helping a 95 year old dying the way she died, but when the problem is systemic, and the solution is to jail caretakers, you tell me who needs a cat scan.

7Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 3:07 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:No cat scan due, but I worked with a Public Guardian for a number of years.  All these folks who are now trying to criminalize the care of the elderly.   Most folks need help.  I have seen caretakers simply breakdown.  I have gone in homes with garbage to the ceiling.  One situation had an elderly man unable to go upstairs to use the bathroom live three months without human contact pooping in plastic bags, eating canned foods, and slowly starving.  After three days the postal service has a policy to report to the police when they think an elderly person is not getting their mail and is home.   He was removed by the emts and went into intensive care and died five days later.  The house was solid feces, roaches, and cash.....when the man could still get around he would cash his pension and ss check and bring 700 cash home in an envelope.   There was almost 25000 cash with coin collections in that home.........but no human would look in on this man......the shirt tail relatives came out of the woodwork to get some cash after his death.

No, our system of assisting families who are dealing with economic crisis and broken health care system are the ones who should be indicted.   Rather, you want to talk about how we should respect military expenditures.

Sorry, I am not making any excuses for not helping a 95 year old dying the way she died, but when the problem is systemic, and the solution is to jail caretakers, you tell me who needs a cat scan.

You do.....you need a Cat scan of your brain.

The solution is to jail caretakers who are responsible for abuse and willful negligence ending in death. As far as jail time.....well  a bullet to her head would suit me just fine. Unfortunately, that is illegal.

8Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 3:26 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:No cat scan due, but I worked with a Public Guardian for a number of years.  All these folks who are now trying to criminalize the care of the elderly.   Most folks need help.  I have seen caretakers simply breakdown.  I have gone in homes with garbage to the ceiling.  One situation had an elderly man unable to go upstairs to use the bathroom live three months without human contact pooping in plastic bags, eating canned foods, and slowly starving.  After three days the postal service has a policy to report to the police when they think an elderly person is not getting their mail and is home.   He was removed by the emts and went into intensive care and died five days later.  The house was solid feces, roaches, and cash.....when the man could still get around he would cash his pension and ss check and bring 700 cash home in an envelope.   There was almost 25000 cash with coin collections in that home.........but no human would look in on this man......the shirt tail relatives came out of the woodwork to get some cash after his death.

No, our system of assisting families who are dealing with economic crisis and broken health care system are the ones who should be indicted.   Rather, you want to talk about how we should respect military expenditures.   Sorry, I am not making any excuses for not helping a 95 year old dying the way she died, but when the problem is systemic, and the solution is to jail caretakers, you tell me who needs a cat scan.
You're the one trying to compare this to military spending.

There is NO excuse for the daughter to leave her mother lying on the floor for weeks. She should have called for help when her mother fell and if at that point she was no longer able to care for her mother, there is help available from DCF. It's not always perfect help and there are certainly problems with the system, but there is help for those who seek it.

9Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 3:29 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Seaoat, I have been involved in the care of several elderly people, including my mother-in-law, which is one reason I brought up the Agency on Aging.  You seem to be taking it for granted that this woman had the best interests of her mother at heart; I submit that, stressed or not, you do not leave your mom in the middle of the floor for 2 weeks and claim to care about her.  I'm betting this woman had no other employment and was living off her mom's SS and/or pension.  Do you want to make that bet?

And I have total sympathy for caregivers...but not for people who are there only with an outstretched hand.

10Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 3:42 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Being a caregiver of an elderly person with severe medical and/or mental issues is a very difficult job.   This is going to become an even bigger issue as baby boomers age over the next decade or so.   But I agree that there is NO excuse for what this daughter did in leaving her mother on the floor.   No decent person would treat a dog like that, let alone their own mother.

If the daughter was living off her mother's pension/SS...then she knew that that pension would go away if her mother was placed in a nursing home.

11Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 3:44 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:Seaoat, I have been involved in the care of several elderly people, including my mother-in-law, which is one reason I brought up the Agency on Aging.  You seem to be taking it for granted that this woman had the best interests of her mother at heart; I submit that, stressed or not, you do not leave your mom in the middle of the floor for 2 weeks and claim to care about her.  I'm betting this woman had no other employment and was living off her mom's SS and/or pension.  Do you want to make that bet?

And I have total sympathy for caregivers...but not for people who are there only with an outstretched hand.
You are absolutely correct.....the woman was too stupid to realize with her mother dead there will not be anymore checks. The woman actions can only be defended by a fool.

I have cared for many of my relatives and have assisted with the care of close friends. The daughter was NOT a caretaker she was a worthless piece of trash. She deserves to be caged.

12Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 3:46 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think the daughter knew that if she got help for her mother or put her mother in a home--the pension/SS would go towards that help and the daughter would no longer see that money. I don't know and cannot imagine what she was thinking the entire time her poor mother was lying helpless on the floor. Evil or Very Mad 

13Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 4:26 pm

2seaoat

I think the daughter knew that if she got help for her mother or put her mother in a home--the pension/SS would go towards that help and the daughter would no longer see that money.

I have seen this. This would be a valid concern. This would be criminal, but just what was the capacity of the daughter, and was she even able to care for herself. Sadly, the caretaker may have been on the floor.

The first situation I saw was an 88 year old man who fell on the kitchen floor, and his wife who was 86 never called anybody for help. He stayed on that floor with a broken hip for over a week, and the wife did not want to call anybody because she knew they would put them in a nursing home.

Well eventually a neighbor became concerned and went over to the house and saw him on the floor. They were both put in a home and the wife became violent. She broke the nursing home hair dresser's nose, and put a nurse into intensive care after giving her a rabbit punch which caused bleeding on the brain. She never was charged of any criminal act, yet she had committed many. The husband flourished on good food and attention from all the women in the home. The wife died within six months bitter and still mean.

We will see how the criminal case will play out, but many times children with serious mental illness and disability have role reversal and have to tend to their parents. It is easy to think that we know all the answers and the taxpayers should keep the daughter in jail for the remainder of her life, but we have a broken system with all the wrong priorities, and spending money on more military expenditures as people urge the president to get a backbone and attack somebody to show how strong we are is not done in a void. All across America people are dying on floors unattended. A mobile society with an average of less than two children leave seniors alone and isolated, and the assumption that this sixty year old had the capacity to even take care of herself will be discovered as the SA spends 10s of thousands of dollars to prosecute, while violent folks are let out on parole with no supervision for lack of funds.

Financial exploitation leading to intentional physical neglect of a senior is a different animal, but where are the safeguards in this broken down system. There should be a minimum of four home visits on every recipient of government benefits to see first if they are alive, and being properly cared for at their legal residence. Our system should be indicted.

14Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 6:02 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:I think the daughter knew that if she got help for her mother or put her mother in a home--the pension/SS would go towards that help and the daughter would no longer see that money.

I have seen this.  This would be a valid concern.   This would be criminal, but just what was the capacity of the daughter, and was she even able to care for herself.   Sadly, the caretaker may have been on the floor.

The first situation I saw was an 88 year old man who fell on the kitchen floor, and his wife who was 86 never called anybody for help.   He stayed on that floor with a broken hip for over a week, and the wife did not want to call anybody because she knew they would put them in a nursing home.

Well eventually a neighbor became concerned and went over to the house and saw him on the floor.   They were both put in a home and the wife became violent.   She broke the nursing home hair dresser's nose, and put a nurse into intensive care after giving her a rabbit punch which caused bleeding on the brain.   She never was charged of any criminal act, yet she had committed many.  The husband flourished on good food and attention from all the women in the home.   The wife died within six months bitter and still mean.

We will see how the criminal case will play out, but many times children with serious mental illness and disability have role reversal and have to tend to their parents.   It is easy to think that we know all the answers and the taxpayers should keep the daughter in jail for the remainder of her life, but we have a broken system with all the wrong priorities, and spending money on more military expenditures as people urge the president to get a backbone and attack somebody to show how strong we are is not done in a void.   All across America people are dying on floors unattended.   A mobile society with an average of less than two children leave seniors alone and isolated, and the assumption that this sixty year old had the capacity to even take care of herself will be discovered as the SA spends 10s of thousands of dollars to prosecute, while violent folks are let out on parole with no supervision for lack of funds.

Financial exploitation leading to intentional physical neglect of a senior is a different animal, but where are the safeguards in this broken down system.    There should be a minimum of four home visits on every recipient of government benefits to see first if they are alive, and being properly cared for at their legal residence.   Our system should be indicted.
SO, you seem to over think every situation. Nobody except you have mentioned wars except you. This has nothing to do with wars, it is about the criminality of what this daughter did to her mother. Criminals are locked up for a reason and that is why she should be in a jail cell somewhere.

If this was your mother and some caregiver treated her the same way as this woman treated her mother you would singing a completely different tune. This irritates me to no end and should do the same to everyone here that has an ounce of empathy.

15Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 6:21 pm

2seaoat

This irritates me to no end and should do the same to everyone here that has an ounce of empathy.

I have seen it in the real world for 32 years. It is only recently that we have began to criminalize caretaker neglect. You think the military industrial complex and our war on drugs should not be discussed as America has an entire generation entering into despair of poverty and isolation. We made conscious budget decisions to allow babyboomers to pay record low taxes while twenty years of nefarious war adventure as income disparity grew at record numbers, and now we see folks unable to care for their parents, as families face record economic challenges........you and others want to look for a scapegoat of somebody who can be punished.......just another criminal to be paid for by taxpayers, but while this growing societal neglect of our elderly is punctuated by debates on how to lower there medicare, ss, and food stamps as familes deal with 50k industrial factories exported to allow for the 1% to compound their corporate profits and dividends.

So old Seaoat should share the outrage of this awful act, yet for 32 years I have seen the transfer of assets away from our elderly, I have seen politicians currently proposing cuts in ss and food stamps as people sink lower and lower, and for all those people who think this daughter had a safety net, or that this family was getting help from the church or a local charity......no, I will put my money on utter isolation and desperation, as nobody helps, and probably the assessment of the daughter afraid of losing her mother's benefits is a true and accurate account, but where is the system to protect our seniors. Good people reach out to our elderly. Churches in this country serve an important role, and I cannot say enough, but putting caretakers in jail for 30 years tells me more about how F'd up our society has finally become, where desperation becomes a felony. I am not making an excuse for criminal behavior, I am asking why this ever was allowed to happen. I just see this as more poor people as the raw meat to feed a broken criminal justice system where military, police, judges, lawyers, and jailers all get theirs and average citizens sink further into the abyss.

16Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 6:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:This irritates me to no end and should do the same to everyone here that has an ounce of empathy.

I have seen it in the real world for 32 years.  It is only recently that we have began to criminalize caretaker neglect.  You think the military industrial complex and our war on drugs should not be discussed as America has an entire generation entering into despair of poverty and isolation.  We made conscious budget decisions to allow babyboomers to pay record low taxes while twenty years of nefarious war adventure as income disparity grew at record numbers, and now we see folks unable to care for their parents, as families face record economic challenges........you and others want to look for a scapegoat of somebody who can be punished.......just another criminal to be paid for by taxpayers, but while this growing societal neglect of our elderly is punctuated by debates on how to lower there medicare, ss, and food stamps as familes deal with 50k industrial factories exported to allow for the 1% to compound their corporate profits and dividends.

So old Seaoat should share the outrage of this awful act, yet for 32 years I have seen the transfer of assets away from our elderly, I have seen politicians currently proposing cuts in ss and food stamps as people sink lower and lower, and for all those people who think this daughter had a safety net, or that this family was getting help from the church or a local charity......no, I will put my money on utter isolation and desperation, as nobody helps, and probably the assessment of the daughter afraid of losing her mother's benefits is a true and accurate account, but where is the system to protect our seniors.   Good people reach out to our elderly.   Churches in this country serve an important role, and I cannot say enough, but putting caretakers in jail for 30 years tells me more about how F'd up our society has finally become, where desperation becomes a felony.   I am not making an excuse for criminal behavior, I am asking why this ever was allowed to happen.  I just see this as more poor people as the raw meat to feed a broken criminal justice system where military, police, judges, lawyers, and jailers all get theirs and average citizens sink further into the abyss.

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch. You have lost your fucking mind.  Desperation caused her to leave her mother on a filthy floor for 2 weeks? This happened because the daughter is a worthless piece of crap. So go complain about babyboomers, taxes, war, and give us some more of your stupid sports opinions.

17Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 6:30 pm

Ghost Rider wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I think the daughter knew that if she got help for her mother or put her mother in a home--the pension/SS would go towards that help and the daughter would no longer see that money.

I have seen this.  This would be a valid concern.   This would be criminal, but just what was the capacity of the daughter, and was she even able to care for herself.   Sadly, the caretaker may have been on the floor.

The first situation I saw was an 88 year old man who fell on the kitchen floor, and his wife who was 86 never called anybody for help.   He stayed on that floor with a broken hip for over a week, and the wife did not want to call anybody because she knew they would put them in a nursing home.

Well eventually a neighbor became concerned and went over to the house and saw him on the floor.   They were both put in a home and the wife became violent.   She broke the nursing home hair dresser's nose, and put a nurse into intensive care after giving her a rabbit punch which caused bleeding on the brain.   She never was charged of any criminal act, yet she had committed many.  The husband flourished on good food and attention from all the women in the home.   The wife died within six months bitter and still mean.

We will see how the criminal case will play out, but many times children with serious mental illness and disability have role reversal and have to tend to their parents.   It is easy to think that we know all the answers and the taxpayers should keep the daughter in jail for the remainder of her life, but we have a broken system with all the wrong priorities, and spending money on more military expenditures as people urge the president to get a backbone and attack somebody to show how strong we are is not done in a void.   All across America people are dying on floors unattended.   A mobile society with an average of less than two children leave seniors alone and isolated, and the assumption that this sixty year old had the capacity to even take care of herself will be discovered as the SA spends 10s of thousands of dollars to prosecute, while violent folks are let out on parole with no supervision for lack of funds.

Financial exploitation leading to intentional physical neglect of a senior is a different animal, but where are the safeguards in this broken down system.    There should be a minimum of four home visits on every recipient of government benefits to see first if they are alive, and being properly cared for at their legal residence.   Our system should be indicted.
SO, you seem to over think every situation. Nobody except you have mentioned wars except you. This has nothing to do with wars, it is about the criminality of what this daughter did to her mother. Criminals are locked up for a reason and that is why she should be in a jail cell somewhere.

If this was your mother and some caregiver treated her the same way as this woman treated her mother you would singing a completely different tune. This irritates me to no end and should do the same to everyone here that has an ounce of empathy.
ghost, seaoat is no longer with us. we are just talking to a plate of mashed potatoes.

18Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 6:35 pm

Who are you blaming for this, Seaoat? Society in general? People should have known this woman left her mother on the floor for two weeks? Seriously?

19Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 6:36 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Here is a comment posted on NorthEscambia.com from someone who knows the daughter....

1. Knowing on September 7th, 2013 2:07 pm
    This woman is repulsive, have known her a very long time. She has never been a clean person. Always talked bad about her Mother. Complained constantly, about having to care of her mom. She deserves everything she gets. She whines, about any and everything, acting like she knows everything, and expects everyone to think she is perfect. God don’t love ugly, and she has now done the most horrific thing, abused her Mother. There was no honoring her mom. Now she has to live with what she has done

20Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 7:04 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

2seaoat wrote:  You think the military industrial complex and our war on drugs should not be discussed as America has an entire generation entering into despair of poverty and isolation.
Sure it should be discussed, just not in the same breath as criminal caretaker. If you want to discuss the MIL, then start a different thread because this one has nothing to do with the MIL and about a scumbag that left her mother lying on the floor for weeks and never called for assistance.

If you don't like putting negligent caretakers in jail for manslaughter, then change the law, but as  of right now her behavior cause the death of someone else and in any law book that is manslaughter or at the least negligent homicide.

I guess you don't want anyone that causes a death while DUI to be jailed either.

21Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 7:14 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:This was a completely avoidable death. The daughter is nothing more than a low-life animal....no offense to animals. On second thought animals take care of their own.

ptember 7, 2013
An Escambia County woman  has been arrested because investigators said she is responsible for the death of the elderly mother.
Escambia County Sheriff’s deputies said 95-year old Florence Rucker was found unconscious and severely neglected at a home on Amber Street back in May.
Manslaughter charges filed RuckerkathyFlorence’s daughter, 60-year old Kathy Rucker, was arrested for aggravated manslaughter after an investigation. Deputies say Florence Rucker had several large, open sores on her body when she was found.
Investigators say Kathy Rucker lived with her mother and was her primary caregiver. She told deputies she called 911 because her mother had been unresponsive and unable to drink any fluids. When paramedics arrived they say Florence Rucker was lying on the floor of the living room, which was in complete disarray and strewn with garbage.
Florence Rucker was taken to the hospital as a trauma alert. She died a few days later. Kathy Rucker says her mother had fallen down in the living room about two weeks before she called EMS, and that she had been unable to get her up off the floor. She told deputies her mother had been talking to her during that time so she didn’t feel the need to call for help.
I could not disagree with you more.  The woman was 95 years old but you are so sure that her death was unavoidable? You're sure that her daughter is some kind of fiend?  Good Lord. You don't know what the daughter's mental capabilities are, you don't know anything about a tragic family situation, but you're ready to condemn the woman on an internet forum. More information is needed about what happened.
I have serious doubts that the daughter would have even told the police how long her mother had been on the floor if she had reasonable intelligence.

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/7/2013, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

22Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 7:23 pm

Excellent post Seaoat.

23Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 7:25 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

bluemoon wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:This was a completely avoidable death. The daughter is nothing more than a low-life animal....no offense to animals. On second thought animals take care of their own.

ptember 7, 2013
I could not disagree with you more.  The woman was 95 years old but you are so sure that her death was unavoidable? You're sure that her daughter is some kind of fiend?  Good Lord. You don't know what the daughter's mental capabilities are, you don't know anything about a tragic family situation, but you're ready to condemn the woman on an internet forum. More information is needed about what happened.
The only thing that needs to be known is that this woman allowed her mother to lie on the floor for 2 weeks without seeking any assistance from anyone. She is a repulsive scumbag, 'Nuff said.

24Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 7:32 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

bluemoon wrote:

ptember 7, 2013
I couldn't care less what you think, Cat. In fact I would expect you to make excuses. Know one thing....there is No excuse for leaving an elderly (95 year old) woman with open bedsores on the floor for 2 weeks....none. Think about about how long 2 weeks is....think of yourself  lying on a filthy floor for 2 weeks....would you like it? 

You bet I condemn her behaviour just like any caring responsible individual would do. I also posted a comment from someone that knows her.

I have seen too much abuse done to the elderly and to children. Inexcusable! Do you defend and condone child abuse because of "tragic" family situations?

25Manslaughter charges filed Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 7:37 pm

I'm glad you think you know everything about the woman and her mental and physical condition without any  facts being reported about it in the article.

Most of us are not blessed with psychic powers.

As for the comment from someone who claims to know her, that's about as reliable as believing some of the comments made by people  on this forum. You don't know if the person making the comment ever met the woman.
And if she did know the woman and claims she knew the old lady was being kept in dirty conditions, she should have reported it to HRS.
Evidently,she did not.

What kind of punishment should she get?

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/7/2013, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum