Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Latest Polls Show American Public Against a Military Strike against Syria

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

http://www.newsmax.com/Surveys/Results/id/86

For an attack on Syria for using Chemical Weapons: 42,612 (17%)
Against: 207,273 (82%)

No matter. Congress will approve the strike because it doesn't want America to appear "weak."

You and I will pay the price. The people who own congress will make a big profit.

Screw Amerika Inc!!!

I don't know about the public but I'm 100% against it. We don't need to keep proving our military  superiority.  I think most of the world actually has it figured out by now. Syria even knows it, but it would hurt their pride to admit it.
We need to take care of our forest fires out west, we need to close up that loophole in Obamacare in states that refuse to accept the medicaid money from the feds, we need to repair our roads and bridges.
We traveled the Interstate up to Tennessee recently and the condition of some of our interstate highways is horrible. If I can't travel through Northern Alabama without busting my head on the top of my truck from the bumps on the interstate, we don't need to help a bunch of radicals to overthrow their government overseas.

2seaoat

When will people recognize the brilliance of this strategy. Obama the war monger.....damn it......lets spend some money on Americans.....quit wasting our assets on foreign wars.........President Obama has pulled off the ropa dope, and the more he gets slugged, the more certain the 2014 election cycle will be.......

2seaoat wrote:When will people recognize the brilliance of this strategy.   Obama the war monger.....damn it......lets spend some money on Americans.....quit wasting our assets on foreign wars.........President Obama has pulled off the ropa dope, and the more he gets slugged, the more certain the 2014 election cycle will be.......
I can't follow you at all seaoat.  If polls show most Americans don't want to go to war, how is Obama going to look good by acting like a warmonger? I think most Americans are already sick of war in the Middle East and are already wanting to spend some money at home. I don't think it will help Dems in 2014 for the POTUS to look like he doesn't get it.

I think you give Obama credit for much more duplicity than he is capable of.

2seaoat

I don't think it will help Dems in 2014 for the POTUS to look like he doesn't get it.

let me help......the 2014 election cycle will deal with a third of the Senate and every house seat. It has nothing to do with Christy or Hillary......it will be fought at house districts, where the American Public has been empowered to say no to war.......a mainstay in the Democratic platform for thirty years.......Republicans were pro military and democrats were seen as anti military wanting to spend money on domestic programs......and too much money at that. However, there is a backlash. Some of it is the natural hate for Obama.....therefore as he slumps at the ropes, his opponents are having a field day showing him as a war monger.....but he never intended to fire one missile.......when this brilliant strategy was hatched, and whether is was by design, or just dumb luck, 80% of the American people are taking the Democratic platform from 2008 and when candidates challenge for those seats, domestic spending and helping Americans is going to be first and foremost the issue. This was a back door political response to an international crisis which he killed two birds with one stone......it is simply brilliant, and some republicans are seeing the trap which has been set.....so they are feverishly trying to amend and define the scope of the military action, but Obama is counting on the ferocity of the Paul faction in Congress to allow him to perfect the ropa dope........it is crystal clear. This is chess.....not checkers.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

2seaoat wrote:I don't think it will help Dems in 2014 for the POTUS to look like he doesn't get it.

let me help......the 2014 election cycle will deal with a third of the Senate and every house seat.  It has nothing to do with Christy or Hillary......it will be fought at house districts, where the American Public has been empowered to say no to war.......a mainstay in the Democratic platform for thirty years.......Republicans were pro military and democrats were seen as anti military wanting to spend money on domestic programs......and too much money at that.   However, there is a backlash.   Some of it is the natural hate for Obama.....therefore as he slumps at the ropes, his opponents are having a field day showing him as a war monger.....but he never intended to fire one missile.......when this brilliant strategy was hatched, and whether is was by design, or just dumb luck, 80% of the American people are taking the Democratic platform from 2008 and when candidates challenge for those seats, domestic spending and helping Americans is going to be first and foremost the issue.   This was a back door political response to an international crisis which he killed two birds with one stone......it is simply brilliant, and some republicans are seeing the trap which has been set.....so they are feverishly trying to amend and define the scope of the military action, but Obama is counting on the ferocity of the Paul faction in Congress to allow him to perfect the ropa dope........it is crystal clear.   This is chess.....not checkers.

Seaoat, your whole premise is based on a perception that Obama is a superb politician.

Look at our economy.
Look at our unemployment.
Look at Obamacare foundering in the Public Eye.
Look at his immigration program.

He was in power when the Iraq war was still being fought, did we win?
He is in power and we're still fighting a losing war in Afghanistan.
His "red-line statement" regarding the potential use of chemical weapons in Syria wasn't a cunning diplomatic move but a disastrous, amateur blunder.
He turned on Mubarak and now Egypt is in chaos.
He helped bury Gaddafi and Libya is completely dysfunctional.

If he's anywhere near as brilliant as you think he is, he sure hasn't demonstrated it thus far!

2seaoat

If he's anywhere near as brilliant as you think he is, he sure hasn't demonstrated it thus far!

Actually your list confirms the same, and is not the use of chemical weapons in fact a red line point..........where did you assume that a military reaction was our only hand? Really, you think the Arab Spring in Libya and Egypt was not intentional acts to challenge Syria and Iran by their own people........We firmly have influence in Egyptian military, and now Libya........how long before this strategy is effective in Syria and Iran.....textbook.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum