Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Close call!!

+2
Sal
Nekochan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Close call!!   Empty Close call!! 8/13/2013, 5:44 pm

These folks tried to hit me up for some money a couple of hours before this happened.  I was riding my bike and they were in the middle of the road and they asked me for some money.  I just went around them and  did not speak to them. I was carrying so it could have got interesting... Damn it!!!  Guess i will have to take in a Blue Wahoo game and relax....

Four juveniles and a 19-year-old are being charged after attacking a 77-year-old man on Monday night, according to an Escambia County Sheriff’s Office release.

Demetrius Wilson, 12, Javontae Wilson, 13, and Keyon Black, 16, are each charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery on a person over 65 years of age.

Alicia Wilson, 15, and Shaknee Golay, 19, are each being charged with aggravated assault on a person over 65 years of age.

The incident happened about 9 p.m. Monday when dispatchers received a report of several teenagers chasing a man with a stick, the press release said.

Deputies arrived at the scene in the 400 block of North Navy Boulevard. and observed several teenagers fleeing.

Witnesses say the juveniles approached the victim and chased him into Navy Boulevard, hitting him several times with the stick and causing minor injuries, according to the release.

The victim declined treatment and the juveniles were transported to the Escambia County Jail.

Gretchen Patti lives near the area and says the attack doesn't surprise her.

"I live right down the street," Patti said. "It's not in the best of neighborhoods. I wouldn't walk it.

"It's not in the best of areas. It's gone downhill a lot over the years

2Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/13/2013, 6:14 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Oh my gosh! I am glad you were able to navigate around them.

3Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/13/2013, 6:16 pm

Sal

Sal

Sheesh.

Glad you're safe.

Maybe you should find some better neighborhoods to ride?

4Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/13/2013, 6:21 pm

LOL  Maybe I need to sell my house.  It happened right down the street from me.  Getting pretty interesting around here, but it goes in spells.  Maybe things will slow down pretty soon.

5Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/13/2013, 8:45 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Mr Ichi wrote:LOL  Maybe I need to sell my house.  It happened right down the street from me.  Getting pretty interesting around here, but it goes in spells.  Maybe things will slow down pretty soon.
Didn't you say you have another house?

6Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/13/2013, 9:07 pm

Yes.  I think it will time to close this one up pretty soon.  I have a very large shop that keeps me here but things are not looking very good right now. I am now back together with my Ex wife so when she retires in a year or so, I will move.  I am not scared or fearful just aggravated more than anything.  Sad thing is that is almost no police presence in the area,  They never just ride though to do a welfare check or anything.  The head of our neighbourhood watch got beat down a couple of years ago so that has slowed that activity down.  But we try and carry on.  I think this last deal was just a isolated event(I hope) lol

7Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/13/2013, 11:09 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:Yes.  I think it will time to close this one up pretty soon.  I have a very large shop that keeps me here but things are not looking very good right now. I am now back together with my Ex wife so when she retires in a year or so, I will move.  I am not scared or fearful just aggravated more than anything.  Sad thing is that is almost no police presence in the area,  They never just ride though to do a welfare check or anything.  The head of our neighbourhood watch got beat down a couple of years ago so that has slowed that activity down.  But we try and carry on.  I think this last deal was just a isolated event(I hope) lol
I thought your wife had died...well good luck with the ex. Maybe she's ready to settle down and go bike riding...

8Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/13/2013, 11:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:Yes.  I think it will time to close this one up pretty soon.  I have a very large shop that keeps me here but things are not looking very good right now. I am now back together with my Ex wife so when she retires in a year or so, I will move.  I am not scared or fearful just aggravated more than anything.  Sad thing is that is almost no police presence in the area,  They never just ride though to do a welfare check or anything.  The head of our neighbourhood watch got beat down a couple of years ago so that has slowed that activity down.  But we try and carry on.  I think this last deal was just a isolated event(I hope) lol
 5 gang-bangers doesn't sound like an isolated event....it's more like an organized attack.
You need to be careful....even if you were carrying they could have knocked you off your bike and you may not have had time or been able to unload on them.

9Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/13/2013, 11:58 pm

My 2nd wife passed away right after Hurricane Ivan. She was a great person. My first wife remained my friend even though we were divorced. Her Husband passed away so it was back to square one. LOL She is also a very good person. I have met and loved 2 amazing women on my journey of life.. I am a lucky man. All is good....

10Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/14/2013, 12:11 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very Happy

11Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/14/2013, 12:18 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Mr Ichi wrote:These folks tried to hit me up for some money a couple of hours before this happened.  I was riding my bike and they were in the middle of the road and they asked me for some money.  I just went around them and  did not speak to them. I was carrying so it could have got interesting... Damn it!!!  Guess i will have to take in a Blue Wahoo game and relax....

Four juveniles and a 19-year-old are being charged after attacking a 77-year-old man on Monday night, according to an Escambia County Sheriff’s Office release.

Demetrius Wilson, 12, Javontae Wilson, 13, and Keyon Black, 16, are each charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery on a person over 65 years of age.

Alicia Wilson, 15, and Shaknee Golay, 19, are each being charged with aggravated assault on a person over 65 years of age.

The incident happened about 9 p.m. Monday when dispatchers received a report of several teenagers chasing a man with a stick, the press release said.

Deputies arrived at the scene in the 400 block of North Navy Boulevard. and observed several teenagers fleeing.

Witnesses say the juveniles approached the victim and chased him into Navy Boulevard, hitting him several times with the stick and causing minor injuries, according to the release.

The victim declined treatment and the juveniles were transported to the Escambia County Jail.

Gretchen Patti lives near the area and says the attack doesn't surprise her.

"I live right down the street," Patti said. "It's not in the best of neighborhoods. I wouldn't walk it.

"It's not in the best of areas. It's gone downhill a lot over the years
How do you conceal and carry riding a bicycle? I thought biking attire was pretty skimpy; especially during the summer....

I suppose it would have been interesting if you had been assaulted and popped one of them. I remember a couple of years ago when some punks tried to invade the home of a 72 year old up in Ensely. He answered the door with his pistol in his hand, and when they hit him over the head with a baseball bat, rather than go down, he shot two of them. They ran off, but were arrested at the hospital they fled to for treatment of their wounds. The old man said he had learned street fighting in his younger days, and they picked the wrong guy to rough-up.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

12Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/14/2013, 6:14 am

I carry it in my handle bar bag.  I also wear Mountain bike baggy shorts that have pockets.  When I saw the age of the one kid, I really did have a "what if" moment. I am trying to rethink the entire deal.  I am retired and I love to ride.  It is very therapeutic for me.  But if it  is between, Bad  drivers, texting drivers , and now Punk kids, it may be time to reconsider   my activities.  

Close call!!   2a5xe0n

Close call!!   136531544_-mens-humvee-mountain-bike-baggy-cycling-shorts-with-

13Close call!!   Empty Re: Close call!! 8/14/2013, 9:56 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Mr Ichi wrote:My 2nd wife passed away right after Hurricane Ivan.  She was a great person.   My first wife remained my friend even though we were divorced.  Her Husband passed away so it was back to square one.  LOL   She is also a very good person.  I have met and loved 2 amazing women on my journey of life..  I am a lucky man.  All is good....
I'm happy for you both. I love you  Be careful out there!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum