Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Carolina sucks

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1North Carolina sucks Empty North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 11:43 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2013/07/north_carolina_s_voter_id_law_is_the_worst_in_the_country.single.html

2North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 11:49 am

The proposed ban on nipples goes too far. I am pro-nipple... top optional... and damn proud of it.

Fricking nazis.

3North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 11:55 am

Sal

Sal

The North Carolina legislature just made it much easier to carry around a loaded firearm, than it is to vote ...

... unless you're black ...

... then you can do neither.

4North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 12:01 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

The article says that it's false that abortion causes preterm births, but here is what an article from the NYT says:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/03/abortions-linked-to-risk-of-preterm-birth/?_r=0

Induced abortions may raise the risk for very preterm birth in subsequent pregnancies, a new study reports.

Researchers reviewed the records of 300,858 first-time mothers who had single babies in Finland from 1996 to 2008, comparing the data with a registry of induced abortions from 1983 to 2008. The analysis appeared online Wednesday in the journal Human Reproduction.

After controlling for smoking, a history of miscarriage, socioeconomic level and other factors, the investigators found that the risk for very preterm birth — that is, birth at 28 or fewer weeks of gestation — increased with the number of previous abortions a woman had had: a 19 percent increase after one abortion, 69 percent for two, and 278 percent for three.

They also found increased risks for preterm birth (less than 37 weeks of gestation) and for low birth weight, but only in women who had three or more abortions.

5North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 4:19 pm

knothead

knothead

boards of FL wrote:http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2013/07/north_carolina_s_voter_id_law_is_the_worst_in_the_country.single.html

Have to agree with you bds . . . . . NC sucks!
Also, agree with pkr!

6North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 8:53 pm

Sal wrote:The North Carolina legislature just made it much easier to carry around a loaded firearm, than it is to vote ...

Do you show ID to buy beer?
ID to use credit card?
ID to open bank account?
How about applying for a job? Show an ID? Yep.

Nuf said. IDs aren't hard to come by. It's not discriminatory.

7North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 9:21 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Do y'all know what it takes today to get a Florida driver's license? If you move to Florida and have an out of state license, this is what you need to obtain a Florida license....

US Citizens
Florida law requires identification, proof of date of birth, proof of residential address, and proof of social security number (if issued, Chapter 322, Florida Statutes, requires the Department see proof of social security number for the issuance of driver license and identification cards) from all customers before a driver license or identification card can be issued.
The name assigned to the social security number must match the name that will appear on the Florida driver license or identification card. If you have recently changed your name, update your records with the Social Security Administration before you apply for your license or identification card.

Each U.S. citizen renewing or applying for a new driver license or identification card in person after January 1, 2010 must submit:

Primary Identification
An Original or Certified of One of the Following Primary Identication Documents

Certified United States birth certificate, including territories and District of Columbia
Valid United States Passport or Passport Card
Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Certificate of Naturalization, Form N-550 or Form N-570
Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561
Note: When necessary, marriage certificates, court orders, or divorce decrees must be provided to tie the name on the primary identification to the name the customer would like to place on the driver license or identification card.

Proof of Social Security Number
Social Security Card
W-2 form
Pay check
SSA-1099
Any 1099

If you Do NOT have a Social Security Number:
If you do not have a social security number, you must bring a letter from the Social Security Administration indicating that you were never issued one. In addition, you will need to present at least one proof of ID from the following list:

A driver license from the District of Columbia, U.S. Territories, or one of our 50 states.
School record stating date of birth, which must contain the registrar’s signature.
Transcript of the birth record filed with a public officer charged with the duty of recording certificates.
Baptism certificate, which shows date of birth and the place of baptism.
Family Bible record or birth announcement in a baby book
An insurance policy on the customer’s life which has been in force for at least two years and has the month, day and year of birth.
United States military or military dependent identification card.
An identification card from the District of Columbia, U.S. Territories, or one of our 50 states.
Florida license record or identification card record.
Selective Service Registration (Draft Card).
Florida Vehicle Registration certificate (HSMV 83399, owner’s copy) obtained from the tax collector’s office where the customer’s vehicle was registered, Florida, or out-of-state registration certificate, if name and date of birth are shown.
Receipt copy of your last Florida driver license issuance.
Immigration form I-571.
Federal form DD-214 (military record).
Marriage certificate.
Court order, which includes legal name.
A Florida voter registration card, which was issued at least 3 months previously.
Parent consent form of minor, signed by the parent or legal guardian
Government issued out-of-country passport, driver license, or identification card
Concealed Weapons Permit
Back To Top of Page

2 Proofs of Residential Address
Gather TWO of the following documents showing your residential address: (internet printouts or faxes of these documents are acceptable)
Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental/lease agreement
Florida Voter Registration Card
Florida Vehicle Registration or Title
Florida Boat Registration or Title (if living on a boat/houseboat)
A statement from a parent, step-parent or legal guardian of an applicant. The parent or guardian must reside at the same residence address, accompany the applicant and present "Proof of Residence Address"
A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days of the application
Automobile Payment Booklet
Selective Service Card
Medical or health card with address listed
Current homeowner’s insurance policy or bill
Current automobile insurance policy or bill
Educational institution transcript forms for the current school year
Unexpired professional license issued by a government agency in the U.S.
W-2 form or 1099 form
Form DS2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) status
A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider, or a half-way house verifying that the customer resides at the shelter address
Utility bills, not more than two months old
Mail from financial institutions; including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than two months old
Mail from Federal, State, County or City government agencies (including city and county agencies)
Transients – Sexual Offender/Predator/Career Offender: - FDLE Registration form completed by local sheriff’s department

8North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 9:26 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

It should not be that difficult to vote, but it's reasonable to require an ID for voters. It is reasonable to require an ID/Social Security number to obtain a driver's license, but the State of Florida's requirements have gotten a little ridiculous.

9North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 9:50 pm

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:It should not be that difficult to vote, but it's reasonable to require an ID for voters.  It is reasonable to require an ID/Social Security number to obtain a driver's license, but the State of Florida's requirements have gotten a little ridiculous.  

It's fucking insane. 

10North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 10:09 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:It should not be that difficult to vote, but it's reasonable to require an ID for voters.  It is reasonable to require an ID/Social Security number to obtain a driver's license, but the State of Florida's requirements have gotten a little ridiculous.  

It's fucking insane. 

It is. As a new resident, not only do you have to provide proof of birth and proof of a social security number, you have to provide two forms of evidence to prove you live at an address in Florida...AND you are supposed to obtain a Florida license within 10 days of moving to Florida. I changed our address before we moved but it takes a couple of weeks before mail starts going to your new address. I think it's difficult for a new resident to obtain all of this paperwork within 10 days of moving to the state. I know it wasn't easy for us. We have both been Florida residents and have had Florida driver's licenses in the past and have owned property continuously in Florida for over a dozen years. But the state acts is if it doesn't know us and has never heard of us when we move back home and go to get a Florida driver's license. lol.

11North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/25/2013, 10:11 pm

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:

It's fucking insane. 

It is.  As a new resident, not only do you have to provide proof of birth and proof of a social security number, you have to provide two forms of evidence to prove you live at an address in Florida...AND you are supposed to obtain a Florida license within 10 days of moving to Florida.  I changed our address before we moved but it takes a couple of weeks before mail starts going to your new address.  I think it's difficult for a new resident to obtain all of this paperwork within 10 days of moving to the state.  I know it wasn't easy for us.   We have both been Florida residents and have  had Florida driver's licenses in the past and have owned property continuously in Florida for over a dozen years.  But the state acts is if it doesn't know us and has never heard of us when we move back home and go to get a Florida driver's license.  lol.  

I know. 

I'm glad I moved to FLA six years ago. 

I don't think I'd be able to get a license now. 

12North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/26/2013, 6:51 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:The North Carolina legislature just made it much easier to carry around a loaded firearm, than it is to vote ...

Do you show ID to buy beer?
ID to use credit card?
ID to open bank account?
How about applying for a job? Show an ID? Yep.

Nuf said. IDs aren't hard to come by. It's not discriminatory.

LOL!  The people complaining...'applying for a job'...Now that's funny!...Is it then discriminatory to have to show an ID in order to receive/cash that governement freebie check or other handouts?....

13North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/26/2013, 8:55 am

If the duly elected legislature of a state is doing what the majority of the voters in that state want who has the right to complain (whine, gnash their teeth, wring their quivering, limp liberal hands, etc) if they don't live in that state? Unbelievable.

14North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/26/2013, 9:02 am

nochain wrote:If the duly elected legislature of a state is doing what the majority of the voters in that state want who has the right to complain (whine, gnash their teeth, wring their quivering, limp liberal hands, etc) if they don't live in that state? Unbelievable.

Have my civil rights been violated everytime that I've voted and been asked to produce a picture ID and voting registration card?....I want some $$$$$$ for this!....

15North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/26/2013, 9:05 am

newswatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:If the duly elected legislature of a state is doing what the majority of the voters in that state want who has the right to complain (whine, gnash their teeth, wring their quivering, limp liberal hands, etc) if they don't live in that state? Unbelievable.

Have my civil rights been violated everytime that I've voted and been asked to produce a picture ID and voting registration card?....I want some $$$$$$ for this!....

Would you settle for a free phone and 200 anytime minutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

16North Carolina sucks Empty Re: North Carolina sucks 7/26/2013, 9:09 am

nochain wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Would you settle for a free phone and 200 anytime minutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Think the asking price was voting for the cowh six times or more during the last election...that's the Chicago rate....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum