Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Because of Obamacare, 74% of small businesses plan to cut worker hours, fire workers

+2
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://washingtonexaminer.com/74-of-small-businesses-will-fire-workers-cut-hours-under-obamacare/article/2533131

Yep. Nice. What recovery?

Despite the administration's controversial decision to delay forcing companies to join Obamacare for a year, three-quarters of small businesses are still making plans to duck the costly law by firing workers, reducing hours of full-time staff, or shift many to part-time, according to a sobering survey released by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

"Small businesses expect the requirement to negatively impact their employees. Twenty-seven percent say they will cut hours to reduce full time employees, 24 percent will reduce hiring, and 23 percent plan to replace full time employees with part-time workers to avoid triggering the mandate," said the Chamber business survey provided to Secrets.

Under Obamacare, just 30 hours — not the nationally recognized 40 hours — is considered full-time. Companies with 50 full-time workers or more are required to provide health care, or pay a fine

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://washingtonexaminer.com/74-of-small-businesses-will-fire-workers-cut-hours-under-obamacare/article/2533131

Yep. Nice. What recovery?

Despite the administration's controversial decision to delay forcing companies to join Obamacare for a year, three-quarters of small businesses are still making plans to duck the costly law by firing workers, reducing hours of full-time staff, or shift many to part-time, according to a sobering survey released by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

"Small businesses expect the requirement to negatively impact their employees. Twenty-seven percent say they will cut hours to reduce full time employees, 24 percent will reduce hiring, and 23 percent plan to replace full time employees with part-time workers to avoid triggering the mandate," said the Chamber business survey provided to Secrets.

Under Obamacare, just 30 hours — not the nationally recognized 40 hours — is considered full-time. Companies with 50 full-time workers or more are required to provide health care, or pay a fine

And this is the legacy of his reign?....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

When are they going to go after insurance companies......NEVER!

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 195,000 in June, and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 7.6 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment rose in leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, retail trade, health care, and financial
activities.

The insurance companies would not have high insurance premiums if it wasn't for the greedy doctor's and hospitals.

Now I didn't see in the article what number of employee's constitute's a small biz? Normally a small biz is one under 50 employee's and if that is the case then the article is just blowing smoke. I have learned during all this crap in the past couple of years to ignore many written and telecast new's article's on this subject. Why? Well for instance on national ABC new's last night they did a couple minutes on the individual mandate is a go, which it is, but went on to say a few state exchange's released their rate's and are 50% less than today and then went on to say all state's had to have exchange's set up and running by Oct 1. False statement, many state's are going, as is Florida, thru the Federal Exchange and will not set up state exchange's.

While some of these article's start out with the correct information they end up straying and adding their personal opinion's, therefore changing what it really suppose to be. I would even imagine when the government starts advertising next month some of it will be misleading.

Yes it is always a lie if you don't agree.Rolling Eyes 

So everything you don't agree with is a lie I guess. That would be most everything put out there.

Nope it's a fact, there are not going to be exchanges in every state.

2seaoat

Yes it is always a lie if you don't agree.Rolling Eyes

If one person posts the truth on this forum, I am as certain as the sun will rise, the fact will be ignored and the issue will be rendered to simply a difference in opinion. Sorry. Some people on this forum actually know what they are talking about. They post correct information, and they know when the media is incorrect. I am glad we have one consistent poster who has provided us with accurate information, and continues to be vigilant when there is misinformation. This really has to do with intelligence, and as I have always said.......life is not like a game of golf where you can give somebody a few more strokes to make the game equal..........you simply cannot handicap stupidity.

9Because of Obamacare, 74% of small businesses plan to cut worker hours, fire workers Empty Obamacare 7/19/2013, 7:17 pm

A View

My hours went from around 32 to 34 a week to around 22 to 24 a week. Thanks Obama,jerk!

2seaoat

President Obama has no authority over State prisons and inmate work. To make such a claim is patently false.

Telstar likes this post

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 195,000 in June, and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 7.6 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment rose in leisure and hospitality, professional and business services, retail trade, health care, and financial
activities.

This has what to do with the skyrocketing cost of ObamaCare and loss of jobs?

Markle

Markle

doubtingthomas wrote:The insurance companies would not have high insurance premiums if it wasn't for the greedy doctor's and hospitals.

Now I didn't see in the article what number of employee's constitute's a small biz? Normally a small biz is one under 50 employee's and if that is the case then the article is just blowing smoke. I have learned during all this crap in the past couple of years to ignore many written and telecast new's article's on this subject. Why? Well for instance on national ABC new's last night they did a couple minutes on the individual mandate is a go, which it is, but went on to say a few state exchange's released their rate's and are 50% less than today and then went on to say all state's had to have exchange's set up and running by Oct 1. False statement, many state's are going, as is Florida, thru the Federal Exchange and will not set up state exchange's.

While some of these article's start out with the correct information they end up straying and adding their personal opinion's, therefore changing what it really suppose to be. I would even imagine when the government starts advertising next month some of it will be misleading.

I'd wager you have no clue as to why health insurance rates can vary as much as fifty percent between adjoining states do you? Or why the rates of ObamaCare are so high.

13Because of Obamacare, 74% of small businesses plan to cut worker hours, fire workers Empty hatred blinds 7/23/2013, 3:59 am

Sorry, Markie Mark, your hatred of the black guy in the white house still blinds you.

Check this out: http://www.ibtimes.com/health-insurance-premiums-ny-other-states-set-drop-2014-obamacare-thank-1352437

or: http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2013/05/24/unexpected-health-insurance-rate-shock-california-obamacare-insurance-exchange-announces-premium-rates/

Health Insurance rates are already going down because of the PPACA. Your claim that rates are higher is a lie.

Thanks!
BIG

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum