Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama Administration Cuts Oil Development on Federal Land

+3
knothead
2seaoat
Markle
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

While the administration of President Barack Hussein Obama loves pulling the wool over the eyes of their lemmings, oil and gas production is up IN SPITE of what has been done by this administration NOT because of what it has done. The increase is on State and Private land NOT Federal land.

Page added on June 24, 2013

Public Policy

The Obama administration is calling for cutting the amount of federal lands open for oil shale and tars sands development in the Western states, a plan that industry officials say may force companies to look overseas for opportunities.

A new Bureau of Land Management plan calls for allowing 700,000 acres of land for development, reports Fox News. This is a drastic cut from the Bush administration, which had set aside 1.3 million acres, and the oil industry is outraged by the change.

http://peakoil.com/publicpolicy/obama-administration-cuts-oil-development-on-federal-land

2seaoat

I am not sure that a little caution is a bad thing here. 700k acres is a lot of area.......if what you have posted is correct.....they will not get bids on that 700k acres......I think not.....they will all be bid on and by keeping the number low, the real reason that folks are getting pissed is that the average lease bid is going to be higher. It is good government to maximize this lease bids. and like the argument by our military in the early 70s.......leave our oil in the ground and take cheap foreign oil and exploit it to our advantage......long term we are the new Saudi Arabia.

I do agree with something you posted yesterday. This move may also be shifting the use from oil to NG. This may be a preferential fuel which can be expanded by flooding the market with cheap gas, and tar sands are anything but cheap......so I agree....some of this is policy of choice. I am uncertain that it is all bad........getting more for our leases is good, and saving oil for our strategic reserves is not bad either.

Markle wrote:While the administration of President Barack Hussein Obama loves pulling the wool over the eyes of their lemmings, oil and gas production is up IN SPITE of what has been done by this administration NOT because of what it has done.  The increase is on State and Private land NOT Federal land.

Page added on June 24, 2013

Public Policy

The Obama administration is calling for cutting the amount of federal lands open for oil shale and tars sands development in the Western states, a plan that industry officials say may force companies to look overseas for opportunities.

A new Bureau of Land Management plan calls for allowing 700,000 acres of land for development, reports Fox News. This is a drastic cut from the Bush administration, which had set aside 1.3 million acres, and the oil industry is outraged by the change.

http://peakoil.com/publicpolicy/obama-administration-cuts-oil-development-on-federal-land

In one of the debates Romney brought out this very fact and the cowh/administration denied this was the case...This happened when the moderators/media just took everything the cowh answered as 'factual'...

knothead

knothead

Over the long term, this is sound energy policy.

knothead wrote:Over the long term, this is sound energy policy.

A plan that may force companies to look overseas for opportunities is 'sound' energy policy?....How about Americans providing opportunities for Americans/America?...Even if we paid for the Keystone plan at least the money spent for product wouldn't be going to the Middle East to people that hate us...Nothing that keeps us dependent on the Middle East is 'sound energy policy'....This is nothing more than the cowh and his administration catering to the tree huggers and extreme environmentalists which he is and has been beholden to...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle is just trying to blow smoke like he always does. His article refers to "shale" development in Colorado, Wyoming and Utah. Those shale deposits are completely different geologically from the shale oil and gas now being developed in North Dakota, Texas, Pennsylvania, etc. There is no technology available to recover commercial quantities of kerogen from the Green River Shale in Wyoming. True, there are about 1.3 trillion barrels of kerogen locked in the rocks within the Green River shale, but it has to be recoverable to be true reserves.

America is on track to unseat Saudi Arabia as the world's largest oil producer by about 2030. Domestic oil production--from shale resources that are recoverable  with current technology--has grown every year under the Obama administration, and it will continue to grow--He has done nothing to slow this down.

Poor Markle--what other crap are you going to come up with?

Obama Administration Cuts Oil Development on Federal Land Bingam10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

newswatcher wrote:
A plan that may force companies to look overseas for opportunities is 'sound' energy policy?....How about Americans providing opportunities for Americans/America?

My reply to your quote is totally apart from the issue in this thread.  
But I'm interested in the message in that quote.

Why?  Because the "conservative/republican" viewpoint (as espoused by markle and fox news and talk radio, etc) is that the word "hybrid" is synonymous with "that liberal progressive obama green shit that is all just a liberal pipedream which does nothing but waste government money when oil is the only thing that works"
Turn on fox n friends or limbaugh any day and that's what you'll hear.

Now let's restate what you said...

A plan that may force companies to look overseas for opportunities is 'sound' energy policy?....How about Americans providing opportunities for Americans/America?

Here's my problem with all this.  We now have the option of buying reliable affordable "hybrid" (yes that dreaded word again) cars.  I know because I'm driving one.
That evil hybrid design is letting us avoid getting all our fuel from overseas.  It is letting us now get some of our fuel from AMERICAN made electricity.  It is "AMERICANS PROVIDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR AMERICANS" exactly as you just advocated.  

AND,  when practical PLUG-IN hybrids will soon be coming available,  it will mean even more American fuel and less overseas fuel and will be even more AMERICANS PROVIDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR AMERICANS.

So here's my question.  Why do Steve Doocy and Rush Limbaugh and markle and the rest keep snickering whenever they hear the word "hybrid"?
I'm driving a fucking hybrid and actually doing what you just advocated right now.  I'm an American providing opportunites for Americans right now.  I'm An American who is not "looking overseas" for all my energy.
The people WHO ARE "looking overseas" and "providing opportunities overseas"  ARE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE MOCKING THE WORD "HYBRID" AND INSTEAD DRIVING ALL GASOLINE CARS.  

Isn't something wrong with that picture?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

My reply to your quote is totally apart from the issue in this thread.  
But I'm interested in the message in that quote.

Why?  Because the "conservative/republican" viewpoint (as espoused by markle and fox news and talk radio, etc) is that the word "hybrid" is synonymous with "that liberal progressive obama green shit that is all just a liberal pipedream which does nothing but waste government money when oil is the only thing that works"
Turn on fox n friends or limbaugh any day and that's what you'll hear.

Now let's restate what you said...

Here's my problem with all this.  We now have the option of buying reliable affordable "hybrid" (yes that dreaded word again) cars.  I know because I'm driving one.
That evil hybrid design is letting us avoid getting all our fuel from overseas.  It is letting us now get some of our fuel from AMERICAN made electricity.  It is "AMERICANS PROVIDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR AMERICANS" exactly as you just advocated.  

AND,  when practical PLUG-IN hybrids will soon be coming available,  it will mean even more American fuel and less overseas fuel and will be even more AMERICANS PROVIDING OPPORTUNITIES FOR AMERICANS.

So here's my question.  Why do Steve Doocy and Rush Limbaugh and markle and the rest keep snickering whenever they hear the word "hybrid"?
I'm driving a fucking hybrid and actually doing what you just advocated right now.  I'm an American providing opportunites for Americans right now.  I'm An American who is not "looking overseas" for all my energy.
The people WHO ARE "looking overseas" and "providing opportunities overseas"  ARE THE PEOPLE WHO ARE MOCKING THE WORD "HYBRID" AND INSTEAD DRIVING ALL GASOLINE CARS.  

Isn't something wrong with that picture?

Be careful or MarkleBot will copy and paste that graphic showing an electric car towing a coal-fired power plant. Even though electricity can come from other sources, and coal's share in power production is shrinking in the U.S. LOL!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Be careful or MarkleBot will copy and paste that graphic showing an electric car towing a coal-fired power plant. Even though electricity can come from other sources, and coal's share in power production is shrinking in the U.S. LOL!

Even if ALL electricity came from coal,  that would have no bearing on what newswatcher pointed out.  What newswatcher is talking about in that quote is the wisdom of buying more American made energy and buying less overseas made energy.
EXACTLY what electric cars can help us do.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Markle is just trying to blow smoke like he always does. His article refers to "shale" development in Colorado, Wyoming and Utah. Those shale deposits are completely different geologically from the shale oil and gas now being developed in North Dakota, Texas, Pennsylvania, etc. There is no technology available to recover commercial quantities of kerogen from the Green River Shale in Wyoming. True, there are about 1.3 trillion barrels of kerogen locked in the rocks within the Green River shale, but it has to be recoverable to be true reserves.

America is on track to unseat Saudi Arabia as the world's largest oil producer by about 2030. Domestic oil production--from shale resources that are recoverable  with current technology--has grown every year under the Obama administration, and it will continue to grow--He has done nothing to slow this down.

Poor Markle--what other crap are you going to come up with?

Obama Administration Cuts Oil Development on Federal Land Bingam10

You know better than that, what does the truth and facts disturb you so much.  As you well know, production has increased on PRIVATE AND STATE land but has been DECREASED by restrictions and regulations on FEDERAL land by President Barack Hussein Obama.

Obama Administration Cuts Oil Development on Federal Land Oil-production2011

Obama Administration Cuts Oil Development on Federal Land OilGas-production2011

Please don’t worry about your electricity bills.  President Barack Hussein Obama has it ALL UNDER CONTROL for you!

Obama: We are 5 days from FUNDAMENTALLY transforming America
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cqN4NIEtOY

President Barack Hussein Obama Says- Americans Want Higher Gas Prices
www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Tmi_fpUHs

Obama:  My “Cap and Trade” plan will necessarily cause Electricity Rates to Skyrocket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLK-U8kggFk

Obama says he will bankrupt the COAL INDUSTRY!  San Francisco Gate Interview January 2008.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Jojrgx8eM

Last edited by Markle on 7/3/2013, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:Over the long term, this is sound energy policy.

How is inflicting more pain and suffering on low and middle income households sound energy policy? Our country was built on cheap, plentiful energy, exactly the opposite of the policies of President Barack Hussein Obama and exactly the goal of China.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Now Markle is trying to hide his sources from us by using tiny-URLs. LOL!!!!!!  Razz 

Click at your own risk.......... Wink

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

In truth, President Obama wants to increase royalties paid to the government from onshore drilling, which are substantially less than those from offshore drilling.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Now Markle is trying to hide his sources from us by using tiny-URLs. LOL!!!!!!  Razz 

Click at your own risk.......... Wink

Hiding my sources?

Who's surprised you are paranoid too?

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
In truth, President Obama wants to increase royalties paid to the government from onshore drilling, which are substantially less than those from offshore drilling.  

“But is the overall goal to get our price” of gasoline down, asked Senator Nunnelee.

“No, the overall goal is to decrease our dependency on oil, to build and strengthen our economy,” Energy Secretary Chu replied. “We think that if you consider all these energy policies, including energy efficiency, we think that we can go a long way to becoming less dependent on oil and [diversifying] our supply and we’ll help the American economy and the American consumers.”
www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/73408.html#ixzz1nlwKN38K

How is inflicting more pain and suffering on low and middle income households sound energy policy? Our country was built on cheap, plentiful energy, exactly the opposite of the policies of President Barack Hussein Obama and exactly the goal of China.

2seaoat

Your argument would be valid if production in America was dropping. It is not.....it is rapidly expanding. Sorry, call a farmer.....let them tell you about how a grain elevator works........the robber barons and their shills who want to steal America are squealing like stuffed pigs............America is finally coming first.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

So all the dinosaurs died in vein on federal lands?  What a shame.  They should have died elsewhere so someone else could profit from their deaths?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum