Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Doctor says flu shot over rated.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Health-News/flu-shot-risks-benefits/2013/06/14/id/510050

Johns Hopkins Scientist Blasts CDC for Pushing Flu Shot

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Health-News/flu-shot-risks-benefits/2013/06/14/id/510050

Johns Hopkins Scientist Blasts CDC for Pushing Flu Shot
     It's the government attempting to control/poison citizens...developed by aliens of the outer space variety vaccine found at Area 51...

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes please take your damned flu shot what do I care what happens to you ?...this is only for people that think and reason and you obviously have no experience with that. You let the MSM and the rest of the herd do that for you.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I know you are too lazy to actually click on the link so here's a little snip...

Federal health authorities vastly overstate the benefits of the flu shot and, for most healthy people, vaccination is unnecessary at best and potentially risky at worst, a Johns Hopkins scientist tells Newmax's Steve Malzberg.

Peter Doshi, an influenza expert
with the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, contends vaccines pushed by health authorities are less effective and cause more side effects than acknowledged by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

2seaoat

What utter lack of science. Of course it does not stop every strain every year. It only has a 50% efficacy. Now the good doctor states that its effectiveness is at worse giving protection to one in a hundred or its best 1 in 33........and where is that data in a peer reviewed journal.......it takes about 30 seconds to get to the essence of the Doctor's complaint......it is not 100%........really.....this is new news........the only thing certain is that he did not back up his stats with peer reviewed released data.......I will be getting my flu shot in September. I get one every two years, and last year both kids, and the wife had the flu.......I was the only one who took the flu shot........no flu for Seaoat, and with one lung........I am taking that 50% improvement......and not hesitating to get the flu shot for a measly 20 bucks.......but for those who think there is a conspiracy in vaccines and that they have no efficacy......well there is some fool who will write an article to encourage the crazies........some people still think the earth is flat.......and they too are serious and absolutely convinced of the same. Just another flat earth scientist appealing to the crazies with really not saying anything.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

No one is stopping you from doing bad things to your body....it's just information and if your faulty logic can't process it then where's the general harm ? After all maybe you will get some placebo effect....if it doesn't kill you.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Flu shots are very over-rated.

2seaoat

Flu shots are very over-rated.

Agreed.  A 50% efficacy is not something which requires the very healthy adult to have the shot, but the elderly and those with disease......it most certainly is recommended.   I just cannot risk any issues with the lungs.....and the flu can kill me......so I will take the 50% efficacy and not feel entirely safe, but safer than not taking the shot, and follow every doctor I see who at the end of an appointment ask if I have had my flu shot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum