Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers.

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/members_of_congress_to_redskins_dan_snyder_change_your_offensive_team_name/13714871

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcZCTzyR2ebqN4NZCNKMWndvG3ZnR1knLIjYc4tjte1ohe2YRAmw

If they change the helmet design to depict a Barsoomian would it make a difference?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3OTiSnazs

Smile

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf3H9IbGyZfIgRY2KSbCp-JIkiyXec6M84bDs1x-kr4fg0ANW5Ww

Here's one that needs to go also.

I think it's highly degrading to depict blonde hair and blue eyed people as a caricature of some aggressive barbarian.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkE45HOB6-A

Smile

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Damaged Eagle wrote:Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf3H9IbGyZfIgRY2KSbCp-JIkiyXec6M84bDs1x-kr4fg0ANW5Ww

I think it's highly degrading to depict blonde hair and blue eyed people as a caricature of some aggressive barbarian.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Slow Down there Mr Eagle,

That logo is a thing of beauty. Smile

Captn Kaoz wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTf3H9IbGyZfIgRY2KSbCp-JIkiyXec6M84bDs1x-kr4fg0ANW5Ww

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Slow Down there Mr Eagle,

That logo is a thing of beauty. Smile

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

Simply making a point there big guy.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Sal

Sal

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Simply making a point there big guy.

No, actually you're not.

This has nothing to do with the helmet design nor the logo.

It has to do with the term "redskins", which Native Americans find derogatory and a racial slur.

The courts have already concurred once before, but the case was thrown out on a technicality.

When the court decides that it is in fact a racial slur and derogatory term, the term will lose its trademark protection, and the team and the NFL will stand to lose millions.

Watch how fast they change their name then.

lol

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOXLfY5bKGxK8kPTqKZiQ9jSsh4PfQaaEV5kuX8Lqhvhn58fwM

I see... So it's perfectly alright to call someone white boy, cracker, Nazi, viking, etc... in a derogatory way so long as the courts haven't deemed it derogatory. Thanks for clearing that up...

I wonder how many millions can I make by suing the Vikings because I feel them portraying blonde haired and blue eyed people as aggressive barbarians is derogatory.

After all us frakking vikings are the only ones that should be allowed to call other blonde haired and blue eyed people frakking vikings because it's a term of endearment. While any other race using the term viking are just being prejudice.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 5/31/2013, 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Damaged Eagle wrote:

I wonder how many millions can I make by suing the Vikings because I feel them portraying blonde haired and blue eyed people as aggressive barbarians as derogatory.

Good luck with that.

Idiot.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Sal wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

I wonder how many millions can I make by suing the Vikings because I feel them portraying blonde haired and blue eyed people as aggressive barbarians as derogatory.

Good luck with that.

Idiot.

DE makes a valid point, you just have to read between the lines.

The way I read it is... How far are we going to take intolerance all in the name of tolerance? We've already taken it to such an extreme that we're now trying to rewrite history books to become more "Tolerant" and "Politically Correct". The same thing for famous literary works, social clubs, social gatherings... Things that have been around seemingly forever without ever once being looked at as offensive.

Now, calling Indians "Redskins" is something I'd never do and, something I've sternly taught my children not to do. I think it's disrespectful. But, the name of a football team that's been around for almost 5 decades? A football team whose name was never intended to be derogatory or offensive? A team whose name was never looked upon as offensive until now? My personal opinion... Somebody out for their 15 minutes of fame. Seems to be the chic thing nowadays. Everybody wants their name broadcast all over social and news media.

But, that's just this Imps observation of almost 50 years of social evolution... Your observations may vary.

ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Sal wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Good luck with that.

Idiot.

The way I read it is... How far are we going to take intolerance all in the name of tolerance? We've already taken it to such an extreme that we're now trying to rewrite history books to become more "Tolerant" and "Politically Correct". The same thing for famous literary works, social clubs, social gatherings... Things that have been around seemingly forever without ever once being looked at as offensive.

Now, calling Indians "Redskins" is something I'd never do and, something I've sternly taught my children not to do. I think it's disrespectful. But, the name of a football team that's been around for almost 5 decades? A football team whose name was never intended to be derogatory or offensive? A team whose name was never looked upon as offensive until now? My personal opinion... Somebody out for their 15 minutes of fame. Seems to be the chic thing nowadays. Everybody wants their name broadcast all over social and news media.

But, that's just this Imps observation of almost 50 years of social evolution... Your observations may vary.

There will always be an individual or group that will find anything offensive...Cleveland Indians...Atlanta Braves etc., have all had to deal with this type of nonesense...Things must be pretty good if these type situations are viewed as major problems...

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

newswatcher wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Sal wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Good luck with that.

Idiot.

There will always be an individual or group that will find anything offensive...Cleveland Indians...Atlanta Braves etc., have all had to deal with this type of nonesense...Things must be pretty good if these type situations are viewed as major problems...

Agreed. Funny thing is... I see stuff like this and the first thing that pops into my head is the movie "1984".

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. 321302

Last edited by ImpishScoundrel on 5/30/2013, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

ImpishScoundrel wrote:

No, actually he doesn't.

No one is denying Dan Snyder his right to use the term "redskin" or "cracker" or "nigger" or any other slur he desires.

He just can't trademark the term.

That is the point.

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

Sal wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:

No, actually he doesn't.

No one is denying Dan Snyder his right to use the term "redskin" or "cracker" or "nigger" or any other slur he desires.

He just can't trademark the term.

That is the point.

Interesting. I thought the article posted by gulfbeachbandit was about the name being offensive, not about trademark laws.

Sal

Sal

ImpishScoundrel wrote:

Interesting. I thought the article posted by gulfbeachbandit was about the name being offensive, not about trademark laws.

Honestly, I didn't read Ghandi's link.

I never do.

I just know that there's an ongoing lawsuit attempting to strip trademark protection of the name on the grounds it is derogatory and a racial slur.

This is the second such lawsuit.

The court found in the first lawsuit that the term is indeed a racial slur, and as such could not receive trademark protection, but it was overturned on a technicality.

Sal wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:

Honestly, I didn't read Ghandi's link.

I never do.

I just know that there's an ongoing lawsuit attempting to strip trademark protection of the name on the grounds it is derogatory and a racial slur.

This is the second such lawsuit.

The court found in the first lawsuit that the term is indeed a racial slur, and as such could not receive trademark protection, but it was overturned on a technicality.

And yet you comment on a post you haven't read.....you related to 'nightmare'?....

It's never stopped you from running your cum bucket mouth.

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:

And yet you comment on a post you haven't read.....you related to 'nightmare'?....

That's right.

I didn't read it, and I was still able to make a substantive and germane post regarding the subject at hand.

You, on the other hand, ...

... well, not so much.

Sal wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Good luck with that.

Idiot.

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBC5mMQl55OCnAhbsrr7_r4nq8P6QSWlZsN1W7ft8hC0BuwWvecg

I'ma thinkin' that all of us blonde haired, blue eyed people have a valid case when mentally impaired people like you have disassociation problems with what equality means.

I'ma thinking that Saltine, Ritz, Keebler, and a few other companies, might have to start labeling some of their boxes as unleavened bread vice that other derogatory term they utilize too... We need to be politically correct don't ya know.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ4GbcuBvUQ

Smile

ImpishScoundrel wrote:
DE makes a valid point, you just have to read between the lines.....

.....But, that's just this Imps observation of almost 50 years of social evolution... Your observations may vary.

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHuWNoKggoVFQmv7bNTJtMunpGJcrGKAixRuku0By7LUo6JkaoSw

*****WARM SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG4OMNR5vD4

Cool

newswatcher wrote:

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuCw0bZcaN9m9z0KZbn3P03n6wCMAwo_u2ZtY6OjgcNimWkGX3NA

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmtaFq0kvQ

Smile

newswatcher wrote:
ImpishScoundrel wrote:
Sal wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Good luck with that.

Idiot.

No doubt. It's not like egg boi's home team, The Iowa Cornholers. The changed their name from The Sister Fuckers for obvious reasons.

Anemic ticket sales.

A Guest wrote:

No doubt. It's not like egg boi's home team, The Iowa Cornholers. The changed their name from The Sister Fuckers for obvious reasons.

Anemic ticket sales.

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR37z6f9aGkn9e3Nx-KPoPTDHuFr9WKlIhlWiA6cwVClLdeT-4Pqw

Now you're just confirming to everyone that you're a pathetic stalker who lets his anus speak for him instead of any cerebral functions.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrd2xf5DIlU

Laughing

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Damaged Eagle wrote:
A Guest wrote:

Anemic ticket sales.

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR37z6f9aGkn9e3Nx-KPoPTDHuFr9WKlIhlWiA6cwVClLdeT-4Pqw

Now you're just confirming to everyone that you're a pathetic stalker who lets his anus speak for him instead of any cerebral functions.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing

It's posts like this that make me miss the old plus signs.
+++++++++++++++

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
A Guest wrote:

Anemic ticket sales.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Laughing

It's posts like this that make me miss the old plus signs.
+++++++++++++++

Or the "c" word amongst us crackers. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNJ_qPpWyzDdT8g3vyMZ_bsRF3uqphrcRl4L9Md2FXxQoSqARH

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lXKZ9Zksg

Very Happy

How sweet for you to find a soulmate.

*******SUCK IT******

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzvRsl4rEM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum