Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Choke.......

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 5:45 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:Four offensive fouls on the pacers during that period, or at least an eight point, but probably a twelve point swing as a result of some questionable calls.........the wife got a facebook post about the bad calls from all kinds of people last night and was showing me a video of the calls.....birther.....nope.....when people are not even making contact......when other people are getting called for fouls, and a person goes a year without fouling out......yep.....compare this to birther.......the truth is Miami is getting clear cut preferential treatment, and the NBA does not want a Pacer/Spur final.....it will not happen.

The one dimensional Miami team is Cleveland reborn.......James had a great 3rd quarter as the refs took the ball away from the pacers........but where was his team? I am not creating the stir on the internet and talk radio......Seaoat's opinion means jack......but this thing has a life of its own as people who know basketball have seen what I have seen.......Stern is not going to get the genie back in the bottle, and being that the Pacers can never play in the Championship......we will probably see calls going the Spurs way to stop the tidal wave of speculation on favoritism on calls. We will see what is birther and what is reality.......

The Pacers had nine fouls that quarter while the Heat had seven. The Pacers shot 3 for 14 while LeBron shot 7 for 10 and had four rebounds and 4 assists. This is an example of an all-time great player dominating a team in the playoffs and single-handedly leading his team to victory and a series lead. The Heat also put the ball in LeBron's hands at the end of game 1 with 0:02 left, and he won it. That we are having this discussion in a thread titled "choke" and that you attribute all of this success to some sort of clandestine NBA operation revolving around officiating...well...yes, that rivals birtherism in terms of lunacy.

52Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 5:50 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Face it, 2seaoat, we are watching history here. What are you going to do when you witness LeBron lead the Heat to their second straight championship? How will you feel as you see Wade hoist that championship trophy? Birdman and Chalmers own you! LeBron is cementing his legacy right before our eyes!

53Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 5:59 pm

2seaoat

Not at all......four offensive fouls......this is a whole other animal. A defensive foul often can actually save you points.....an offensive foul takes the basket away and gives the other team the ball........the third quarter calls were crazy. The first three shots that James shot beyond the 3point were bricks, and then the successive offensive fouls being called took the game away from the players and shifted the game to the Heat.

You may think I am a lunatic, but when other basketball people are now openly saying what is forbidden.....the NBA has a problem. I cannot wait for the Utubes.......but I will await the championship game because I will make this challenge right now.......I believe that Miami is going to get a backlash from the fans and the internet buzz which will have the Spurs getting the calls in the finals.......if my thesis is correct.......the bias will continue through the Pacer series because they cannot have a Pacer/Spur final, and then watch the change as Miami actually has fouls called against them in the final.........but I think it is too late.....damage control will not cover up what America saw in the last two games, and what I complained about in the Bulls series......If it was just sour grapes from a Bull fan......then what explains the internet buzz.....I mean my wife showing me videos of James flopping from her facebook account.....yep....must be birthism.

54Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 6:09 pm

This thread really sounds like a First World Problem. Hope it can be resolved peacefully.

Choke....... - Page 3 First-world-problems

55Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 6:24 pm

2seaoat

It is right up there with glass and broken bottles giving bike tires flats.......

56Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 6:28 pm

2seaoat

LeBron is cementing his legacy right before our eyes!

Two championships........a legacy.....you are a funny guy.....can you say
Isiah Thomas......yep there are legacies and then there are legacies.......

Now if they were to three peat........I will acknowledge that James has to be in the mix when talking about great basketball players.......it would be foolish otherwise.......but two championships a legacy.......book letterman.

57Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 6:34 pm

2seaoat wrote:It is right up there with glass and broken bottles giving bike tires flats.......

But I cant blame the Referee. Aint fair.......Besides I am riding not watching some one else. LOL

58Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 6:48 pm

2seaoat wrote:Four offensive fouls on the pacers during that period, or at least an eight point, but probably a twelve point swing as a result of some questionable calls.........the wife got a facebook post about the bad calls from all kinds of people last night and was showing me a video of the calls.....birther.....nope.....when people are not even making contact......when other people are getting called for fouls, and a person goes a year without fouling out......yep.....compare this to birther.......the truth is Miami is getting clear cut preferential treatment, and the NBA does not want a Pacer/Spur final.....it will not happen.

The one dimensional Miami team is Cleveland reborn.......James had a great 3rd quarter as the refs took the ball away from the pacers........but where was his team? I am not creating the stir on the internet and talk radio......Seaoat's opinion means jack......but this thing has a life of its own as people who know basketball have seen what I have seen.......Stern is not going to get the genie back in the bottle, and being that the Pacers can never play in the Championship......we will probably see calls going the Spurs way to stop the tidal wave of speculation on favoritism on calls. We will see what is birther and what is reality.......

So what? The majority of these calls are subjective in the first place. These refs are after all only human and are prone to human errors being made. I saw what I could have called goal tending by James last night that were not called. I believe that your hatred for the Heat and LeBron James in particular is clouding your judgement

59Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 5/31/2013, 8:38 pm

2seaoat

I believe that your hatred for the Heat and LeBron James in particular is clouding your judgement

I really do like James. He is one of my favorite players. I liked him in Cleveland, and probably less at Miami, but he is intelligent and a great basketball player. What I dislike is ignorance and lack of perspective. When I hear Boards saying this is a team for the ages, I am honestly confused. His judgment and intelligence is unquestioned. However, that is why I like sports......we are able to abandon logic and perspective, and like love, our team is measured by the eye of the beholder.

Miami is not the best team in the NBA right now. They have moments of very good play, but they lack top notch coaching and a team strategy which utilizes all their talent......the third quarter last night confirmed what I have been arguing......the Pacers are two years away from a championship game, and the spurs are in a geriatric ward.....and in the mix we have the Heat. If I am here next year, I will begin giving credence to Boards arguments, but this 2013 playoff series is a blemish on the NBA brand.......how did this spontaneous chatter start in the last week on the internet....do you think it started here......hardly.....people who know basketball have some very serious concerns.......but to think I hate James.....never......he has been great for basketball and he is a true role model. His intelligence and skills are hardly matched, and I look forward to him reaching his full potential.......but right now.....Miami is not that good of a team in historical terms or current terms...........they may win......they should not have gotten by the Pacers......but it is what it is.

60Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 5:40 pm

2seaoat

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/chris-birdman-andersen-suspension-miami-heat-indiana-pacers-nba-playoffs-was-it-legit-you-make-call-053113

The gig is up......the NBA is making sacrificial lambs the target of their smoke and mirror sideshow.....but the main show.....it will be no small market team playing the Spurs.....will not happen.....so they throw the Birdman under the bus to deflect the internet chatter about bias toward miami........who cares any more.....Stern is going to have this whole thing spinning out of control.

61Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 6:02 pm

2seaoat wrote:http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/chris-birdman-andersen-suspension-miami-heat-indiana-pacers-nba-playoffs-was-it-legit-you-make-call-053113

The gig is up......the NBA is making sacrificial lambs the target of their smoke and mirror sideshow.....but the main show.....it will be no small market team playing the Spurs.....will not happen.....so they throw the Birdman under the bus to deflect the internet chatter about bias toward miami........who cares any more.....Stern is going to have this whole thing spinning out of control.

Suspended after the fact. He should have been immediately ejected as soon as he pushed Hansbrough as well as a one game suspension or fine.

62Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 6:15 pm

2seaoat

Suspended after the fact. He should have been immediately ejected as soon as he pushed Hansbrough as well as a one game suspension or fine.

you are right.....but this thing has taken a life of its own.....people are openly challenging the legitimacy of the NBA refs, and they keep digging a bigger hole. The policies which enhanced the stars with preferential calls, and the desire to avoid the 2007 Cleveland./San Antonio viewer mutiny has sparked a very rare and widespread internet debate. Folks do not believe the NBA brand is for real.......I think it is too late for this season, and they are going to have to do something more than the ad hoc responses after the fact.....they are going to have to tighten the rules and the refs are going to have to start calling fair games.......it simply is a mess. Boards thinks it is just birthism........no.....I think these are real issues and he is simply blinded by the reality.

63Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 6:16 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/chris-birdman-andersen-suspension-miami-heat-indiana-pacers-nba-playoffs-was-it-legit-you-make-call-053113

He should have been ejected at the time...but the NBA made the right decision after the fact. He was wrong and he demonstrated very poor sportsmanship.

64Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 6:23 pm

2seaoat

but the NBA made the right decision after the fact

Yep, they are reading the blogs.......after last years championship game and the utubes showing the flops and missed calls......preferential calls......the NBA and major sports are moving into a new area of fan review......they are going to be showing the truth. Historically, in baseball, they will not let the announcers focus on a bad strike call, and do not replay the zone, but in basketball.....the internet is ablaze with Miami's continued preferential calls.....I think some of it is about jealousy of James talent, but more and more basketball people are just blurting it out, and the online bloggers are not letting this bone go.........the NBA has a big problem.

65Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 6:46 pm

2seaoat wrote:but the NBA made the right decision after the fact

Yep, they are reading the blogs.......after last years championship game and the utubes showing the flops and missed calls......preferential calls......the NBA and major sports are moving into a new area of fan review......they are going to be showing the truth. Historically, in baseball, they will not let the announcers focus on a bad strike call, and do not replay the zone, but in basketball.....the internet is ablaze with Miami's continued preferential calls.....I think some of it is about jealousy of James talent, but more and more basketball people are just blurting it out, and the online bloggers are not letting this bone go.........the NBA has a big problem.

I'm not really following you. Just a couple nights ago I was watching parts of the Miami/Mets baseball game and the announcers were really questioning some clearly bad ball/strike calls. They would even superimpose the strike zone box on the screen and show the bad call on a player 3 or 4 players later. Maybe the umpires do not use IR, but the announcers clearly put in their 2 cents worth.

66Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 6:52 pm

2seaoat

I'm not really following you.

I am curious.....were you watching network baseball coverage? It has been quite a few years ago, so my memory may not be perfect, but they began restricting showing the strike zone missed calls on stadium media screens, and at the same time the announcer would talk about a call, but they did not take the little square box super imposed on the strike zone and show a missed ball and a strike. Now this may have changed, but I have yet to see a bad call shown on the screen at a ballpark, and I have not seen this discussion on network TV where the discussion is focused on where the ball is located on that superimposed strike zone. It has been about five years, and I will try to find an article on the same.

67Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 7:01 pm

2seaoat

“The question is: What serves the viewer best?” asked Joe Buck, the network’s lead play-by-play man. “That’s the task. I’ve told our people during seminars that it drags us into an area where now all we’re doing is basically grading the umpire. I think the game is really between a pitcher and a batter, and now we’re taking viewers’ eyes away from that matchup and looking to the bottom right after every pitch. It’s just kind of superfluous in a way.”

This is what the network guys are saying, but the pressure is coming from the league......second guessing officiating is getting to be a real thorn in the side of the leagues.

68Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 7:52 pm

2seaoat wrote:I'm not really following you.

I am curious.....were you watching network baseball coverage? It has been quite a few years ago, so my memory may not be perfect, but they began restricting showing the strike zone missed calls on stadium media screens, and at the same time the announcer would talk about a call, but they did not take the little square box super imposed on the strike zone and show a missed ball and a strike. Now this may have changed, but I have yet to see a bad call shown on the screen at a ballpark, and I have not seen this discussion on network TV where the discussion is focused on where the ball is located on that superimposed strike zone. It has been about five years, and I will try to find an article on the same.

It was Fox Sports Net - Florida.

69Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 10:52 pm

2seaoat

Well Mr. James just had a hissy fit. He is not getting the calls tonight......NBA is going to let this game be called straight up......and then do their thing in game 7.......I really do not care....the calls have been terrible, but at least they are finally going both ways. Mr. James and Miami have just been used to preferential treatment.

The Pacers lack poise, talent, and experience. They play solid defense and they have a few of the pieces for a championship run. Miami is a very good team, but as the announcers said tonight it is Lebron.....there is no Miami team in this series. But really....until they get this ref thing figured out....who cares.

70Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 10:55 pm

"who cares"
Concur

71Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/1/2013, 11:44 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Well Mr. James just had a hissy fit. He is not getting the calls tonight......NBA is going to let this game be called straight up......and then do their thing in game 7.......I really do not care....the calls have been terrible, but at least they are finally going both ways. Mr. James and Miami have just been used to preferential treatment.

The Pacers lack poise, talent, and experience. They play solid defense and they have a few of the pieces for a championship run. Miami is a very good team, but as the announcers said tonight it is Lebron.....there is no Miami team in this series. But really....until they get this ref thing figured out....who cares.

Are you schizo or just an asshole?

I agree with everyone else ...

... it doesn't really matter ...

... just STFU already.

72Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/2/2013, 9:50 am

2seaoat

. it doesn't really matter ...

... just STFU already.

Nope......that would be no fun........I am pulling Board's chain. The team for the ages just lost game 6 to a mediocre Pacer team and is going to game 7. All I have been saying is that Miami is a long.....very long way from being even a top 10 team of all time, and is limping through the playoffs just like I predicted. The Miami team was challenged by the bulls and pacers, but the internet is ablaze with the discussion of their preferential calls. Now that I know I can irritate you talking about this some more......well I cannot wait to post on Monday.

73Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/2/2013, 10:14 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Joey to the rescue.

74Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/2/2013, 10:27 am

2seaoat

Joey to the rescue.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-keeps-flopping-miami-heat-Game-6-vs-indiana-pacers-we-have-evidence-060113

His gig is up......the internet is not going to let this go............again, Miami has refs giving offensive fouls with nonsense and the public is in near revolt with the NBA calls.......we will see if there is a straight up called game in 7, and the NBA has a great deal at stake when the only topic of conversation on blogs is the ref's preferential treatment of Miami and James...........its a wonder that James has not been awarded a golden globe.

When James brought his knee up in the charge on Hibbert and had his hissy fit......well he will not be able to deal with refs calling the game fair and not rewarding him for his theatrics. Sal and Boards need to get used to it......their Miami team is not that good in a straight up game, and telling people to STFU will not stop them from posting the truth.

75Choke....... - Page 3 Empty Re: Choke....... 6/2/2013, 10:39 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Joey to the rescue.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-keeps-flopping-miami-heat-Game-6-vs-indiana-pacers-we-have-evidence-060113

His gig is up......the internet is not going to let this go............again, Miami has refs giving offensive fouls with nonsense and the public is in near revolt with the NBA calls.......we will see if there is a straight up called game in 7, and the NBA has a great deal at stake when the only topic of conversation on blogs is the ref's preferential treatment of Miami and James...........its a wonder that James has not been awarded a golden globe.

When James brought his knee up in the charge on Hibbert and had his hissy fit......well he will not be able to deal with refs calling the game fair and not rewarding him for his theatrics. Sal and Boards need to get used to it......their Miami team is not that good in a straight up game, and telling people to STFU will not stop them from posting the truth.

Hibbert and George made sure Bosh and Wade were shut out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum