Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Cincinnatti Fox News tv affiliate report on the IRS scandal

+2
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat wrote:I doubt obama ordered it or even overtly approved the practice... but the irs is under the treasury dept under the wh.

Plausible deniability is getting old.

Plausible deniability is getting old.....and conversely what is even getting older is the idea that a CIA operation in Libya the President has direct control of every tactical deployment, that he is directly connected to every patrol which gets ambushed, that he is directly rewriting intelligence, and that he took a course on tax preparation and he is ordering tax audits...........When people attempt to connect the President to every action of this government, legitimate criticism gets lost in stupid..........really now which of the two is getting old?

Would it change your mind if it turns out that obama was watching the live drone feed? I guess going to bed is preferable.

Obama's non-answer could prove to be telling:

"I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the inspector general report before the inspector general report had been leaked" to the press, Mr. Obama said Thursday, when asked if he could assure the American people that nobody at the White House knew about the IRS's controversial targeting of conservative groups. "What I'm absolutely certain of is that the actions that were described in that IG report are unacceptable."

The president, speaking under the cover of a giant umbrella at a joint press conference with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, promised that "the minute I found out about" the report, turned to "making sure that we get the thing fixed."

According to the White House, the White House counsel learned of the IRS practice last month, but Mr. Obama says he only learned of it last Friday, through the press. Some have questioned why he was not informed earlier.

VectorMan

VectorMan

This may help repeal Obamacare. The IRS is the last agency that needs to be controlling anything about health care. That is way too much power! It's obvious there are some that can't be trusted to do their jobs honestly and properly.

This and all these other scandals are going to be a problem for liberals come Nov 2014.

http://www.boston.com/business/personal-finance/taxes/2013/05/16/ouster-irs-official-isn-ending-investigations/KOUBnD2X9i564XsEvealUN/story.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama dismissed the idea of a special prosecutor to investigate the Internal Revenue Service Thursday, saying probes by Congress and the Justice Department should be able to figure out who was responsible for improperly targeting tea party groups when they applied for tax-exempt status.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:http://www.boston.com/business/personal-finance/taxes/2013/05/16/ouster-irs-official-isn-ending-investigations/KOUBnD2X9i564XsEvealUN/story.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama dismissed the idea of a special prosecutor to investigate the Internal Revenue Service Thursday, saying probes by Congress and the Justice Department should be able to figure out who was responsible for improperly targeting tea party groups when they applied for tax-exempt status.

Not enough tents in the circus for you?

I here Kenneth Starr is available.

Nekochan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I doubt obama ordered it or even overtly approved the practice... but the irs is under the treasury dept under the wh.

Plausible deniability is getting old.....and conversely what is even getting older is the idea that a CIA operation in Libya the President has direct control of every tactical deployment, that he is directly connected to every patrol which gets ambushed, that he is directly rewriting intelligence, and that he took a course on tax preparation and he is ordering tax audits...........When people attempt to connect the President to every action of this government, legitimate criticism gets lost in stupid..........really now which of the two is getting old?

Well, if he gets all the credit for a Navy Seal rescue mission in Somalia, then I don't know why not.

Stop Sign Sally
, the uglyist, meanest, hulking girl in the 5th grade playground parade of bullies, has now staked out her raison d'etre to drag into every thread no matter how irrelevant.

Troll on bitch.

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Some people are playing loose with historical connections between what President Nixon did concerning the IRS, and what has currently happened with the IRS.

First, right from the get go, President Nixon put people in the IRS whose mission was to go after the President's political enemies.

Second, there are legitimate questions on the function of the organization which requires IRS scrutiny. The Supreme Court has opened the flood gate, and there most certainly are organizations which have no historic track record to verify purpose and scope of the organization which will be red flagged.

Third, where is one scintilla of evidence that the president has any direct connection with this scandal? I have had to deal with incompetent IRS agents, and it is a nightmare. In the end the system works, and in my case I received my full refund and interest on the refund, and here we will need to let the investigation take its course, but comparing Obama to Nixon is silly and historically inaccurate at this time. If it is shown that he has personally been involved in such a scandal, the evidence will be clear. However, the reality is that there is no such thing, just a bunch of folks who hate the president trying to connect dots before there is evidence.

I doubt obama ordered it or even overtly approved the practice... but the irs is under the treasury dept under the wh.

I think he should be culpable when one of our PTSD troops rapes a women in theatre.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

VectorMan wrote:

This and all these other scandals are going to be a problem for liberals come Nov 2014.[/b]
Yea this will get the republicans back in there to start more and more useless worthless wars. To put the holy roller prayers back in the schools. To outlaw everything that aint the backwards and redneck horseshit they go along with.
And then when we've had a gut full of that, the fucking democrats will go in afterwards and take the country even further into the shithole.
It never ends.

So, drink up Shriner's.......G. Carlin

Nekochan

Nekochan

Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Well, if he gets all the credit for a Navy Seal rescue mission in Somalia, then I don't know why not.

Stop Sign Sally
, the uglyist, meanest, hulking girl in the 5th grade playground parade of bullies, has now staked out her raison d'etre to drag into every thread no matter how irrelevant.

Troll on bitch.

You poor thing. Are you bipolar?

Nekochan wrote:
Red Kneckerson wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Stop Sign Sally

Troll on bitch.

You poor thing. Are you bipolar?

No.

Are you humanoid...?

And besides, you got what you wanted, amiright...?

VectorMan

VectorMan

Bob wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

This and all these other scandals are going to be a problem for liberals come Nov 2014.[/b]
Yea this will get the republicans back in there to start more and more useless worthless wars. To put the holy roller prayers back in the schools. To outlaw everything that aint the backwards and redneck horseshit they go along with.
And then when we've had a gut full of that, the fucking democrats will go in afterwards and take the country even further into the shithole.
It never ends.

You're right. It never ends. Until you die, anyway. Maybe it'll get better some day. But, probably not in our life time.

Try to understand where I'm coming from, (Although, I think you already know). I'm a conservative. Cut and dried. It's how I was raised. One son of parents that met in Catholic High School. Taught to depend on myself. Be responsible for my actions. Know there are rules, laws and common sense. My dog tags listed me as a Catholic, but I'm just a man that believes in God.

People that believe in and/or support abortion are evil in their heart. How any human being can make any case to excuse that monster Kermit Gosnell are bad people. Bad people. Bad for the world. Claiming to be interested and concerned about the deaths of American soldiers in a war zone, but okay with a "doctor" severing children's spinal cords. It's just damn sick.

I will never back down from my beliefs, standards or values.

I'm very proud to be a conservative.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

VectorMan wrote:

Try to understand where I'm coming from, (Although, I think you already know). I'm a conservative. Cut and dried. It's how I was raised. One son of parents that met in Catholic High School. Taught to depend on myself. Be responsible for my actions. Know there are rules, laws and common sense. My dog tags listed me as a Catholic, but I'm just a man that believes in God.

People that believe in and/or support abortion are evil in their heart. How any human being can make any case to excuse that monster Kermit Gosnell are bad people. Bad people. Bad for the world. Claiming to be interested and concerned about the deaths of American soldiers in a war zone, but okay with a "doctor" severing children's spinal cords. It's just damn sick.

I will never back down from my beliefs, standards or values.

I'm very proud to be a conservative.

I understand that you want to be a "conservative". But you should know that every son of a bitch who calls in to that Milton radio station's talk shows also calls himself a "conservative". And every last one of those "conservatives" would be afraid to be in the same room with you for fear that you would either give them aids or turn their sons into "sodomites" (the word they have for you). And don't kid yourself about it being confined to the ones that call that radio station. Because if you polled everyone in this country who calls himself a "conservative" like you want to be, I promise you the majority of them have the same opinion about "sodomites" as that radio station's callers. And it's not only the callers. It's also the hosts and the person who owns the radio station who is also a host and who also shares those same views. And the station's sponsors who would never sponsor that garbage if they didn't go along with it.

I think that there is an old version of conservative much as there is an old version of liberal that have little in common with the progressive version of todays choices. I get Vman... he believes in self-determination. It's pretty simple really. Don't tread on me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:I think that there is an old version of conservative much as there is an old version of liberal that have little in common with the progressive version of todays choices. I get Vman... he believes in self-determination. It's pretty simple really. Don't tread on me.

A "progressive conservative". lol

See that's why these labels are so meaningless. And why we would be better off by not trying to put labels on ourselves to begin with.

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I think that there is an old version of conservative much as there is an old version of liberal that have little in common with the progressive version of todays choices. I get Vman... he believes in self-determination. It's pretty simple really. Don't tread on me.

A "progressive conservative". lol

See that's why these labels are so meaningless. And why we would be better off by not trying to put labels on ourselves to begin with.

Progressive = govt solution

Are you telling me that you don't see the right trying to use the govt to enforce their subjective beliefs?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:

Are you telling me that you don't see the right trying to use the govt to enforce their subjective beliefs?
I'm telling you that at this moment in time (and I see nothing changing that) the two labels "conservative" and "progressive" are used to describe polar opposites. There is no such thing as a "progressive conservative" any more than there is a "liberal conservative". It would be an oxymoron.

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

I'm telling you that at this moment in time (and I see nothing changing that) the two labels "conservative" and "progressive" are used to describe polar opposites. There is no such thing as a "progressive conservative" any more than there is a "liberal conservative". It would be an oxymoron.

You're wrong. You aren't looking at this from enough distance. If you are truly independent at this point... do you really see a difference in the results? How much further from obama's promises can we be except socialized medicine (which repubs first proposed). Pssst... there aren't really two parties. It's them against us.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:

You're wrong. You aren't looking at this from enough distance. If you are truly independent at this point... do you really see a difference in the results? How much further from obama's promises can we be except socialized medicine (which repubs first proposed). Pssst... there aren't really two parties. It's them against us.

Tell you what. If you can get anyone on this forum to tell you he/she is a "progressive conservative" then you win the debate. But frankly I think you have about as good a chance of finding someone who says he's an "athiest christian". lol

Who here from the right is pro life govt involvement... Or anti-gay marriage...pro marriage/child tax subsidy... Military intervention... Prayer in school... etc.

Beyond this I've pointed our how so many issues change hands... civil rights, healthcare, social services, medicare, immigration, home land security, gitmo, afghanistan, droning/bombing, education, welfare, patriot act, ndaa... I'm tired oflisting this crap.

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Who's surprised that FT and Sal support those IRS investigators? If those groups had "Progressive" in their names, I bet they'd be singing a different tune.

I said before and I will say again--everyone should be concerned about this. If it happened to conservative groups, it could happen to liberal groups.

Bullshit.

I don't think ANY political group should get tax-exempt status.

The problem wasn't that the IRS was flagging teabagger groups.

It's that it wasn't scrutinizing all political groups equally.

Or, more precisely, it wasn't giving the appearance of scrutinizing all political groups equally.

Does anyone really believe that teabagger groups are social welfare groups and that their primary purpose is not politics.

C'mon.

Regardless of party affiliation, no political group should get tax-exempt status.

Overturn Citizens United.

The Cincinnatti Fox News tv affiliate report on the IRS scandal - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt8QtIOLxxb3GtfWsx0pHJtCngX8mpKt24J6Aj6RB7t46D-jHb

Are medical institutions a social welfare group?

How many other not-for-profit institutions are there and are they also social welfare groups?

Of course being the status that the Tea Party holds with people like you doesn't protect them from your using derogatory terms to describe them now does it?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 5/17/2013, 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Sal wrote:
Nixon personally directed the IRS to investigate his enemies.

Nixon's IRS didn't admit any wrongdoing.

Nixon's IRS didn't apologize.

Thanks to Nixon, the Obama White House is not even permitted to communicate with the IRS regarding tax matters.

You need a remedial history lesson.

The Cincinnatti Fox News tv affiliate report on the IRS scandal - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDJ5ky1Tfg76ihjxKdO_tgd-hD2Epx0MolPaHA9A1cKbyevKiQog

I see... And because he was caught doing it that makes it alright?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmuZsSsyQ-M

Smile

2seaoat wrote:Plausible deniability is getting old.....and conversely what is even getting older is the idea that a CIA operation in Libya the President has direct control of every tactical deployment, that he is directly connected to every patrol which gets ambushed, that he is directly rewriting intelligence, and that he took a course on tax preparation and he is ordering tax audits...........When people attempt to connect the President to every action of this government, legitimate criticism gets lost in stupid..........really now which of the two is getting old?

The Cincinnatti Fox News tv affiliate report on the IRS scandal - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDJ5ky1Tfg76ihjxKdO_tgd-hD2Epx0MolPaHA9A1cKbyevKiQog

I see... So he's not really the president and not responsible for the actions of those under his command.

That explains his lack of involvement in the incidents and his apparent lack of demanding that action be taken against those involved.

What do we need a president for then?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmuZsSsyQ-M

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum