Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Self Inflicted Scandals

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Nekochan
VectorMan
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 9:26 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

As for using deaths for political purposes, it did not seem to be a problem for most liberals when Bush was president.

There were dozens of attacks on U.S. diplomats under Dubya's watch.

Please provide a single example of liberals politicizing one of those attacks.

Of course there were attacks on diplomats under Bush. But no deaths at a U.S. consulate or U.S. embassy

Try again.

Were there diplomat's deaths inside a consulate or embassy? And no back up security to support and defend the consulate while under attack?

There were deaths under Bush, mostly caused by car bomb attacks and such as that.

[b]Yes, there were deaths of diplomatic personnel inside diplomatic grounds[/b].

Obviously, the security was inadequate to prevent the deaths.

IMPEACH BUSH!!!

Try again.

lol

I wasn't aware of that. Where and when?

Shocked LOL!
Regardng Sal's statement:
Yes, there were deaths of diplomatic personnel inside diplomatic grounds

OK, maybe it's funny but can you or Sal answer where and when our diplomats were killed inside U.S. consulates or embassies under the Bush administration while receiving no back up security help?

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/09/14/krauthammer-whitewashes-bushs-history-to-bash-o/189890

27Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 9:29 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

As for using deaths for political purposes, it did not seem to be a problem for most liberals when Bush was president.

Of course there were attacks on diplomats under Bush. But no deaths at a U.S. consulate or U.S. embassy

Try again.

Were there diplomat's deaths inside a consulate or embassy? And no back up security to support and defend the consulate while under attack?

There were deaths under Bush, mostly caused by car bomb attacks and such as that.

[b]Yes, there were deaths of diplomatic personnel inside diplomatic grounds[/b].

IMPEACH BUSH!!!

Try again.

lol

Shocked LOL!

OK, maybe it's funny but can you or Sal answer where and when our diplomats were killed inside U.S. consulates or embassies under the Bush administration while receiving no back up security help?

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/09/14/krauthammer-whitewashes-bushs-history-to-bash-o/189890

Where and when were U.S. diplomats killed inside embassies or consulates? Your article doesn't say.

28Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 9:46 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Five consular employees were killed in one embassy.
Try again.

IMPEACH BUSH!!!

Try again.

lol

Shocked LOL!

Where and when were U.S. diplomats killed inside embassies or consulates? Your article doesn't say.

29Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 9:51 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Try again.

IMPEACH BUSH!!!

Try again.

lol

Shocked LOL!

???

30Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 10:08 pm

31Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 10:12 pm

March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name “David Foy.” This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what’s considered American soil.)

32Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 10:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:It never has been... or ever will be... under any conditions or circumstances... Obama's fault about anything... ever.

It must tie into the ability to elect a man that you really knew next to nothing about... and then reelect him after he broke most of his promises and followed the bush doctrine the rest of the time. Yet critics are called "low information" and racists by these useful idiots... lol. The msm is even beginning to cover the abuses and overreaches... but I doubt that can fix dumb.

cheers cheers cheers

33Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 10:24 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:Five consular employees were killed in one embassy.

Sal said:Yes, there were deaths of diplomatic personnel inside diplomatic grounds

Consular employees are not U.S. diplomats. I realize that there have been deaths at U.S. embassies and consulates. But during those attacks, our diplomats were not murdered inside our embassies or consulates. And during those attacks, our diplomats were not left to fend for themselves while our Ambassador was being murdered.

My experience at embassies is limited to: The U.S. Embassy in Tokyo and the Chinese Embassy in Tokyo. Now, at the U.S. Embassy there were armed Japanese guards on the outside of our Embassy. Once you got through initial security checks and inside the embassy, there were Marine Guards. I do not believe terrorists would easily be able to get to our Ambassador inside that Tokyo Embassy. They would have to go through several levels of security. They might initially kill some Japanese consular employees, but I do not believe they would get to our Ambassador and be able to kill him.

Again, I have to ask: where and when were our diplomats killed inside U.S. consulates and embassies during the Bush administration?

34Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 10:29 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name “David Foy.” This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what’s considered American soil.)

This was outside the Consulate, not inside. And Bush at least called it terrorism..

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/03/01/karachi.blast/

A U.S. diplomat and his driver were among at least four people killed in an apparent suicide attack outside the U.S. Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, officials said.....

Bush said the bombings would not deter plans for his visit.

"Terrorists and killers are not going to prevent me from going to Pakistan," he said, adding the bombing shows the war on terrorism must continue.

35Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 11:12 pm

PkrBum wrote:It never has been... or ever will be... under any conditions or circumstances... Obama's fault about anything... ever.

It must tie into the ability to elect a man that you really knew next to nothing about... and then reelect him after he broke most of his promises and followed the bush doctrine the rest of the time. Yet critics are called "low information" and racists by these useful idiots... lol. The msm is even beginning to cover the abuses and overreaches... but I doubt that can fix dumb.

According to you all Obama is responsible ofor every bad thing that ever happened including the Lindbergh kidnapping. He was reelected by the majority of people who thought an still think he is a good president. We did good! Yah!

36Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 11:13 pm

Nekochan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:March 2, 2006. Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers. (I wonder if Lindsey Graham or Fox News would even recognize the name “David Foy.” This is the third Karachi terrorist attack in four years on what’s considered American soil.)

This was outside the Consulate, not inside. And Bush at least called it terrorism..

A U.S. diplomat and his driver were among at least four people killed in an apparent suicide attack outside the U.S. Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan, officials said.....

"Terrorists and killers are not going to prevent me from going to Pakistan," he said, adding the bombing shows the war on terrorism must continue.

Oh let's split hairs. You people find the most ridiculous minutia to argue about.

37Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/14/2013, 11:23 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Oh let's split hairs. You people find the most ridiculous minutia to argue about.

Split hairs? Do you think that the inside of a U.S. Consulate or U.S. Embassy compound in a foreign country is the same as outside the compound?

38Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 12:57 am

Dreamsglore wrote:

According to you all Obama is responsible ofor every bad thing that ever happened including the Lindbergh kidnapping. He was reelected by the majority of people who thought an still think he is a good president. We did good! Yah!

I'm sry darlin' ... I wouldn't wish his job on anybody. But then again I wouldn't have wished it on him either... lol.

39Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 6:52 am

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The Insiders: Enough Benghazi already

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/10/the-insiders-enough-benghazi-already/

".....Republicans should certainly give the Benghazi attack the attention it deserves. But we also need to recognize that we aren’t impressing anyone — except maybe a small subset of our base — when we see things that no one else sees and declare any fact that is inconsistent with the narrative we want to be wrong, manufactured or somehow previously unknown and explosive. GOP leaders need to step up, make a couple of Benghazi-related assignments and tell everyone else to move on. If there’s more truth and more news, it will come out. But we have more important things to do...."

So just ignore what when wrong at Benghazi. Yep, President Barack Hussein Obama and Hillary Clinton think that's a grand idea. So grand they've already moved on....

Now will someone explain that lack of interest to the families of these folks?

Are you listening, Markle, Pace Dog, Newswatcher, Vectorman, No Chain, and perhaps a handful of others?

Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 White-house-benghazi

40Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 11:33 am

VectorMan

VectorMan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Try again.

Yes, there were deaths of diplomatic personnel inside diplomatic grounds.

IMPEACH BUSH!!!

Try again.

lol

Just for accuracy, please provide a link to support the above highlighted in red.

After that, explain how anyone in the Bush admin. lied, covered-up or changed memos about those death during his watch. I think that makes a big difference.

41Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 1:17 pm

Nekochan wrote:

Neko, do you consider people that were inside the embassy that were killed from a truck bomb being detonated outside as killed inside the embassy? The August 1998 bombing of the US Embassy in Nairobi killed 12 Americans. I understand this discussion is centered around the Bush and Obama Administrations, however if you are talking about Americans killed inside embassies then I believe this incident would be applicable. If it is not applicable to the discussion at hand, then I apologize for sticking my nose into the fray.

42Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 1:25 pm

Sal

Sal

VectorMan wrote:

After that, explain how anyone in the Bush admin. lied, covered-up or changed memos about those death during his watch. I think that makes a big difference.[/b]

No one lied or covered up anything, and we don't know how memos were massaged during the Dubya administration because no one has ever givena a shit how memos were massaged before.

Wingnuts have had five long years of pent-up angst waiting for any kind of scandal.

They have an outragegasm at every little anomaly.

It's insane.

43Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 1:46 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Neko, do you consider people that were inside the embassy that were killed from a truck bomb being detonated outside as killed inside the embassy? The August 1998 bombing of the US Embassy in Nairobi killed 12 Americans. I understand this discussion is centered around the Bush and Obama Administrations, however if you are talking about Americans killed inside embassies then I believe this incident would be applicable. If it is not applicable to the discussion at hand, then I apologize for sticking my nose into the fray.

Clinton was President in 1998. The link given by Dreams (Krauthammer Whitewashes Bush's History To Bash Obama Over Embassy Attack) was about George W Bush and this discussion has centered around attacks since 911, and since we've been involved in a "war on terror". Yes, there were attacks before 911, for years, that killed Americans. Our government only became really serious about stopping terrorism after 911.

44Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 1:54 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

VectorMan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Try again.

Yes, there were deaths of diplomatic personnel inside diplomatic grounds.

IMPEACH BUSH!!!

Try again.

lol

Just for accuracy, please provide a link to support the above highlighted in red.

After that, explain how anyone in the Bush admin. lied, covered-up or changed memos about those death during his watch. I think that makes a big difference.

They haven't come up with an answer to when and where U.S. Diplomats were killed inside our embassies or consulates when Bush was president.

45Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 2:13 pm

Sal

Sal

Jebus ...

... do your own research next time.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/12/06/jeddah.attack/index.html?_s=PM:WORLD

46Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 2:13 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Sal wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

After that, explain how anyone in the Bush admin. lied, covered-up or changed memos about those death during his watch. I think that makes a big difference.[/b]

No one lied or covered up anything, and we don't know how memos were massaged during the Dubya administration because no one has ever givena a shit how memos were massaged before.

Wingnuts have had five long years of pent-up angst waiting for any kind of scandal.

They have an outragegasm at every little anomaly.

It's insane.

Is it because Hillary said "What does it matter?", that you hold that to be the gospel?

Obama claims to know nothing, so you're allowed to claim cluelessness also?

If you're okay with elected officials lying to you for and about political purposes, have a good day.

47Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 2:16 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:Jebus ...

... do your own research next time.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/12/06/jeddah.attack/index.html?_s=PM:WORLD

From your article:

Five consular employees -- four local staff members and a contract guard -- were also killed

How are these U.S. Diplomats?

48Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 2:23 pm

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:

From your article:

Five consular employees -- four local staff members and a contract guard -- were also killed

I said "diplomatic personnel on diplomatic grounds".

You said;

Nekochan wrote:

49Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 2:26 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

From your article:

You said;

Nekochan wrote:

I know what I said and I was referring to attacks and deaths of diplomats inside consulates and embassies.
Non-American consulate employees are not diplomatic personnel.

50Self Inflicted Scandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Self Inflicted Scandals 5/15/2013, 3:03 pm

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

From your article:

You said;

Nekochan wrote:

I know what I said and I was referring to attacks and deaths of diplomats inside consulates and embassies.
Non-American consulate employees are not diplomatic personnel.

Oh, I see ...

... the only victims who count are American citizens, ...

... killed on diplomatic grounds, ...

... and only after 09/11/2001.

You sure you're not leaving a little too much latitude?

Maybe you should restrict the argument to 52 year old men from California whose names rhyme with Bristopher Peevens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum